Eagles listening to Wentz trade offer

Xenos

30 minutes ago, August4th said:

wonder what his trade value is due to his contract and coming off a bad yr + injury history

I think day three pick this year + conditional the following year that can get really high or be kind of meh. I think it's the fairest for everyone involved. I don't know how the eagles would think that they would get like a first round pick this year for him. If it were just the contract, that's one thing (future guarantees), but you can't have a bad contract and played that bad. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Indy makes perfect sense BUT what if Luck truly wants to come back which I heard on The Herd reports suggest that might be true. So if Luck comes back to Indy then Wentz isn’t going there. I don’t think the Pats will go after Wentz. They more than likely will either try to get Jimmy G or look in the draft. I could see Chicago. Would be hilarious Wentz and Foles reunite to compete again for the starting job lol. It’s going to be interesting to see how it all plays out for sure. 

Herd is extremely unreliable, to say the least.

Both Luck's teammates and way more connected sources (Allbright & the guy, Zach Hicks, who broke the Luck ski-doo accident, and his retirement - he made a joke tweet with a fake convo to show how these can be faked - and then half of Twitter thought he was serious lol) - say Luck is very much still retired.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 3

That contract is a problem.  I would love the potential upside for this as a Panthers fan, but unless the Eagles are giving up picks too or asking for really low compensation then I'm not sure it is worth the risk.

If it was just his performance in 2020 that was an issue, that would be one thing.  But he's 2 years older than Goff, more of an injury history (2 16 game seasons in 5 years), and I don't like the things that I hear about him off the field.  

16 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

That contract is a problem.  I would love the potential upside for this as a Panthers fan, but unless the Eagles are giving up picks too or asking for really low compensation then I'm not sure it is worth the risk.

If it was just his performance in 2020 that was an issue, that would be one thing.  But he's 2 years older than Goff, more of an injury history (2 16 game seasons in 5 years), and I don't like the things that I hear about him off the field.  

It’s a problem for Philly - but keep in mind they paid the 15M signing bonus, the 30M option is already paid.   So he’d cost 4/98M to acquire.  

At his level of play its still way too much to get a premium pick back IMO.  But it’s not untradeable.  It’s more addition by subtraction (and cap relief long term). 

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

Right back at you.

Cry me a river we didn't threepeat boohoo.

You are missing the point. Since then, despite the two playoff appearances, has been marred with controversy, injury, terrible drafting etc. Nothing has gone right. It has been a slow and dreadful decline to this spot. Things just didn't accidently get here one day...lol. Moving Wentz isn't going to send this team into some spiral it hasn't already been on.