Eagles listening to Wentz trade offer

Xenos

4 hours ago, Xenos said:

Man, everyone is asking for a QB this offseason lol.

Florio is running with the reports that Russell Wilson is unhappy with the Seahawks:

On Monday night, came this nugget from Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports: “I’m hearing Russell Wilson’s camp has grown increasingly frustrated by the Seahawks inability to protect the 8 time Pro Bowler. He has been sacked 394 times in 9 seasons. This situation warrants serious monitoring.”

To the extent there’s a “there” there, Wilson’s concerns sweep much more broadly than a complaint about the quality of the team’s offensive line. It’s the overall offense. It’s the early exits from the playoffs. It’s everything that has kept the Seahawks and Wilson from getting back to the Super Bowl.

Indeed, the Seahawks haven’t progressed past the divisional round since 2014, Wilson’s third NFL season.

Now entering Year 10, the 32-year-old quarterback is getting closer to the midpoint of a career, based on his preferred expiration date of 45. For several years, a vague sense has meandered through the grapevine that, in time, Wilson will play for another team.

Two years ago, before Wilson got an extension that paid him a then-record $35 million annually, chatter about a desire to play in a city like New York had been building. Although it remains highly unlikely that anything will happen this year (his contract triggers a $39 million cap charge in the event of a trade before June 1), Wilson and the Seahawks are creeping closer to his next up-or-out moment.

Twice before, the two sides chose “up,” in the form of a market-value contract. As soon as next year, the player and/or the team could potentially opt for “out.”

So while the situation merits monitoring, don’t expect it to come for a head in 2021 — unless someone makes the Seahawks a post-June 1 offer they can’t refuse, and if the offer comes from a team for which Wilson would waive his no-trade clause.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/09/do-the-seahawks-still-have-a-russell-wilson-problem/

If there's any doubt that the lying season is in full effect - all weekend long PHI reporters leaked the interest & offers made.....only to have the actual offers be far less.

Now, the buyers' sending the counter-PR.....and the Eagles take...lol.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

Florio is running with the reports that Russell Wilson is unhappy with the Seahawks:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/09/do-the-seahawks-still-have-a-russell-wilson-problem/

Holy moly, this is going to be a complete mess of an off-season.

Wake me when the 2021 season is over, I'll check in when the 2022 off-season is underway and owners are trading entire franchises...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Holy moly, this is going to be a complete mess of an off-season.

Wake me when the 2021 season is over, I'll check in when the 2022 off-season is underway and owners are trading entire franchises...

The Texans Franchise for the Washington Franchise plus a 2023 6th rounder. 

8 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

The Texans Franchise for the Washington Franchise plus a 2023 6th rounder. 

Wait... I'm going to get rid of Jack Easterby AND I'm going to GET a 6th out of it!?

Gimme that contract, imma sign that bad boy now!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Wait... I'm going to get rid of Jack Easterby AND I'm going to GET a 6th out of it!?

Gimme that contract, imma sign that bad boy now!

And as you feel happy about your new scenario...

BY GAWD THAT'S DAN SNYDER'S MUSIC. HE'S COME IN FROM THE YACHT ROPE.

dan-snyder-redskins.jpg

• Like 2