Eagles listening to Wentz trade offer

Xenos

12 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Doesn't surprise me, roseman and co are delusional to think they will get what the stafford deal got. They are dumping a bloated contract in which Wentz struggled mightily and was benched this year, and has been injured in other years leaving him 2 years in which he played a full season. Rams had to give up an extra 1st just to clear Goff's deal which is something the eagles will not be getting in return.  At this point your best offer is going to be the first offer, you can drag it out but teams will get frustrated and move on. Bears are already pissed off they have to wait this long and will likely look for another route to get their qb. Then Eagles will be stuck with an unhappy wentz and no one to trade him to, if they do then they will likely get less in value then what they have been offered thus far. Just cut ties and move on.

Really the Eagles are going to lose their leverage the longer this plays out.  You have 2 teams with a QB problem that are interested.  Take the best deal and prepare for the future.  Instead they are playing these media games to try to drive up the price, and it's just backfiring.  The 2 teams that are interested right now are no longer going to be interested if they find other solutions.  Then nobody is going to want to deal with you bc you played games.  As soon as news broke you were going to trade Wentz, you had to do it.  Now the longer this drags out the worse it looks for you.

2 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Really the Eagles are going to lose their leverage the longer this plays out.  You have 2 teams with a QB problem that are interested.  Take the best deal and prepare for the future.  Instead they are playing these media games to try to drive up the price, and it's just backfiring.  The 2 teams that are interested right now are no longer going to be interested if they find other solutions.  Then nobody is going to want to deal with you bc you played games.  As soon as news broke you were going to trade Wentz, you had to do it.  Now the longer this drags out the worse it looks for you.

The way that this has played out on Philly's end has been super bizarre to me. 

The more I see from Howie, the more I think his super bowl was the blind squirrel finding the nut. Or he had some magic at one point and it's way gone now. 

14 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

If nobody is willing to offer what you think is fair, that means what you think is fair isnt fair.  Value is determined but what someone is willing to give you.  If all you have been offered is a 2nd, that's fair value.  

Words I always take with me that my dad used to reiterate from someone else: "It's only worth what someone is willing to pay." 

• Like 1