Eagles listening to Wentz trade offer

40 minutes ago, Danger said:

We still made the playoffs each of the last two years. That's not the dark ages.

If I beat some 8 year old's in a foot race, that doesn't mean I'm fast. *Looks at NFC East*

"Dark ages" is kind of extreme when you consider teams like the Jets and Lions, but it hasn't been great with Carson since 2018.

With that said, if someone offers a late 1st rounder, you take it and don't think twice. Honestly, I'd take a day 2 pick for him. All of his problems weren't due scheme and play-calling. The guy was mentally broken.

I don't think there's a chance they send him to the Pats, even if we offer the most which seems unlikely. Teams seem to really fear trading their failed projects to the Pats. Almost like they don't want the bad PR if it works out. 

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

Do we know what his contract would look like if he got traded? Eagles eat any of that?

There's 4/98M left for a team that acquires him. 

PHI has 59M of guaranteed money left on their books - they can save 25M with a trade in the long run, but pretty much 0 net for 2021, which is why it's still preferable to a cut (although if they designated it as a post-June 1 cut, then for 2021 it's the same - but it saves 25M the next year).  PHI gains 25M with a trade, but it's all 2022 savings, basically.  For 2021, it's literally revenue-neutral (assuming the cut is designated post-June 1).

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

Does anyone have a pic of Wentz sacrificing a goat to Baal? I can't have Easterby getting any ideas.

• Like 1
Just now, MKnight82 said:

Ya know, every team doesn't have to trade its QB this offseason.  Just sayin.  

Watson for... Mahomes.

LFG!!!!!

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Musical chairs with QBs.  Oldest HCs get first pick?  

Oldest FIRST TIME HC...

David Culley, baby!

Why me!? Why me!?

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Does anyone have a pic of Wentz sacrificing a goat to Baal? I can't have Easterby getting any ideas.

I have some really bad news for you. Wentz is very vocally Christian.

CxaIDQFXAAo_CZe.jpg

For those not in the know.

Cal McNair loves him some Jesus.

Easterby disguises his incompetence by laying on the love for Jesus.

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'm rooting for us to reconcile with Wentz and resurrect his career. I'd be floored if we traded him AND gave up a pick or picks.

For 4/98 Phi is unlikely giving up picks.  But they likely aren’t getting a ton of pick value either.  It’s the draw of rehabilitating his stock.  But that’s obviously brings in a different set of issues.  

Edited by Broncofan
2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

For 4/98 Phi is unlikely giving up picks.  But they likely aren’t getting a ton of pick value either.  It’s the draw of rehabilitating his stock.  But that’s obviously brings in a different set of issues.  

I heard a trade saves the Eagles 25 million Houston traded a second rounder over 20 million. Am I missing something? Market?

10 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I heard a trade saves the Eagles 25 million Houston traded a second rounder over 20 million. Am I missing something? Market?

HOU had no options to get under the cap and compete.   And their QB Osweiler had zero hope to be rehabilitated - it was a one guaranteed year left that CLE took for 16M and he was waived by CLE before playing a single down.    That’s obviously not happening here. 

Wentz has his issues but he offers hope to teams that he can regain his previous form.   He also isn’t that cheap so his floor doesn’t make the contract that safe.  Not it’s not a pure salary dump. So the 2 situations aren’t that comparable.  

Edited by Broncofan
3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

HOU had no options to get under the cap and compete.   And their QB Osweiler had zero hope to be rehabilitated - it was a one guaranteed year left that CLE took for 16M and he was waived by CLE before playing a single down.    That’s obviously not happening here. 

Wentz has his issues but he offers hope to teams.   So the 2 situations aren’t that comparable.  

Oh I agree they aren't I just thought $20 million in cap equals a second round pick.

How much did the Rams save in the Goff trade that's kind of comparable