Everything Free Agency 2021 - Rumors, news and notes

RaidersAreOne

On 3/31/2021 at 6:49 PM, Humble_Beast said:

wonder where Todd Gurley, James Connor, and Levon Bell land? are they even RB2 at this point?

Bell has value as a 3rd down back somewhere. 

Gurley, eh.  He looked 1/2 as fast last year as he used to, and his cutting ability is almost gone.  He's got value in the red-zone, but overall his receiving ability isn't what it used to be and I think ultimately you could find similar value in a rookie rusher.

Conner is probably the best back-up option.  Gives you versatility in the backfield.  I think he'd be a great complement to McCaffrey, and it wouldn't be a surprise if we signed him.  We apparently showed interested in Chris Carson and Mike Davis left.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-rumors-draft-news-49ers-qb-target-chase-to-bengals-and-more/ 

Do you think the New York Jets will address the running back position? And if so, are you hearing any NFL rumors of players they like?

I think the Jets will look at the running back position starting in Round 3. I know for a fact they are high on Khalil Herbert of Virginia Tech as well as Michael Carter of North Carolina.

You reported from the Senior Bowl that Zach Ertz was going to be traded, and his days with the Eagles were numbered.  There were NFL rumors he was going to be traded to the Los Angeles Chargers a few weeks ago, and it’s been nothing but silence since then. What do you think has happened?

I can tell you this, Howie Roseman wants too much in return for Ertz, as has been reported. The trade with the Chargers went south because Roseman wanted a third-round pick, and reportedly, the Bills have since dropped out because of the asking price. I’m told the Colts are still interested.

Roseman must see the weakness in this year’s tight end class and believes he can get better than market value in return for Ertz. What is the market value for Ertz? I’m told it’s a fifth-round pick that could increase in value based on playing time and production. If they don’t trade him before the draft, I think Ertz gets moved on draft weekend.

On 4/2/2021 at 6:56 AM, iknowcool said:

Bell has value as a 3rd down back somewhere. 

Gurley, eh.  He looked 1/2 as fast last year as he used to, and his cutting ability is almost gone.  He's got value in the red-zone, but overall his receiving ability isn't what it used to be and I think ultimately you could find similar value in a rookie rusher.

Conner is probably the best back-up option.  Gives you versatility in the backfield.  I think he'd be a great complement to McCaffrey, and it wouldn't be a surprise if we signed him.  We apparently showed interested in Chris Carson and Mike Davis left.

there's still a few good 3rd down backs that are free agents: Duke Johnson, Burkhead, James White 

Larry Fitzgerald Expected to Retire Before 2021

I really hope that he comes back. He's one of my favorite players ever, but he definitely fell off a cliff this past year and started losing snaps for the first time in his career. If he thinks it's time to be done, then it's time to be done. It would be a real shame if he missed out on a ring, though.

On 4/5/2021 at 7:44 AM, candyman93 said:

Haven’t heard any update regarding Clowney and Cleveland.

I wouldn’t be shocked if he ended up retiring early next year or something.

I think cleveland just had him in to show him the contract they offered him last year and then light it on fire in front of him 

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Our offense is elite, but I said a few months ago our defense is going to be scary good in 1-2 years and better than our offense.

Berry and the franchise as a whole are putting a TON of resources into the defense, especially the secondary.

Your offense is average.