Everything Free Agency 2021 - Rumors, news and notes

RaidersAreOne

10 hours ago, Forge said:

If ballard is aware that free agency has started, I'd be surprised if they weren't in it. But I don't know that he is the all in type. I could see the chiefs doing the all in thing this year

We don't need to go all in. Joe Thuney is enough.

9 hours ago, Broncofan said:

I think Indy has 2 major needs - pass rusher, and LT.    The pass rush FA class is depleted now.   They could get an EDGE with 1.20  (maybe even the 1st/2nd overall, the class isn't great at the top there)...and Williams in FA.   They could get their LT at 1.20 (probably the 4th/5th off the board), but then they don't have a pass rusher.   

Of course SF could win out, and Indy goes back to LT at 1.20.  But I think Williams allows them to address their other need (and still go off the Big Board BPA relatively well), or go overall BPA and improve the team.   I agree Ballard hasn't been one to spend big bucks - until it's time to address a key position.  He spent a 1st to get Buckner (and showed him the $) when he was previously hoarding picks, and he spent 25M to get Old Man Rivers.    He's now in all-in mode, with cap room to spare.  If he passes on Williams, it's because he likes the LT at 1.20 and the rookie contract more long-term IMO.  He can't leave that position unaddressed if Indy wants to go far into the playoffs this year.

Just throwing the Bears out of the league I see...

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I mean we have Lock. Those guys are better than he is.

Foles....iffy.   But yeah, Lock's proven nothing.  It's kind of wild how loyal some guys are to him.  He's got some ceiling left, but the absolute lack of growth last year really changes his ceiling to just "OK" if things work out - and not the answer to beat KC/LAC with the big upgrade they enjoy at QB (and LAC at rookie wage rates, even if Herbert doesn't get to the elite tier, he's already at the "good" and could become elite down the road).   

Really, whether it's Lock, Dalton or Foles - Lock's ceiling isn't known yet, but it's not difference-making.   And the floor is still outright bust.   It's mind-boggling that ppl think he's the answer in our division.  In another division, sure.  Not the AFCW.   Mahomes/Herbert changes the calculus a ton.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Because it's once again stacked in the draft and it's a depressed cap year. The WR who said that he was targeting a one year deal right from the start had it right. I don't want to pay JJSS 7 million, much less double digit money, if I can find someone like Elijah Moore in round 2 or draft a Tutu Atwell in round 4. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'd draft him just to say his name. 

48 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'd rather have Lock than Foles/Dalton.  There's no upside with Foles or Dalton.

Absolutely - if the goal is to get a higher ceiling guy for the future.  But to actually compete for the top of the AFCW - none of them have that outcome, sadly.    Lock clearly has a higher ceiling than what Foles or Dalton bring.   No argument.   But the overall goal in the AFCW is very different.   

I mean, there's a reason why Carr was shopped early this offseason.  He's not getting it done either long-term vs. Mahomes & Herbert.   He's at peak now, and while it's enabled a W this year, he's capped.  And LV didn't think it was good enough.  That's telling to a huge degree.

18 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Tyrod Taylor pumps fake to Keke Coutee, moves his read deep to a wide open Tutu Atwell! Touchdown Houston Texans! 

Said nobody ever... because WRs don't catch TDs in a Culley offense. 

• Like 2