Everything Free Agency 2021 - Rumors, news and notes

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Scoundrel said:

Just got off the phone with Deshaun. Said he’s planning to have a night in with Pizza and watching The Last Unicorn and episodes of Fraggle Rock. Asked him if he likes pineapple on his pizza. Stay tuned.

Update: He does like pineapple on his pizza. I hung up. Stay Tuned.

3 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Why is Curtis Samuel with his 3 100 yard games and career high of 115 so hyped?

Looks like a case of a guy who isn’t a good WR or RB but because he does both somehow that makes him good.

He had over 1000 yards (receiving and rushing) last year. In the right scheme (Packers, 49ers) he’d be really good.

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

From what I understand, the Giants FO, not just Gettleman, have questions about Golladay's health and tenure in Detroit. I'd imagine if the meeting goes well, we will see a deal happen. It really speaks to how much Golladay wants to be in New York that he's willing to go and visit in person.  

1 hour ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Emmanuel Sanders, Golden Tate, Martellus Bennett, Brandon Lloyd, Robert Woods just off the top of my head put up way better production on their second teams.

Golden Tate went from 898 and 5 in his last year in Seattle to 1004 and 4.6 in 5 years in Detroit.

He did peak at 1331 yards for one year.

Mostly the same dude!

Robert Woods definitely stepped up his game. He was a fantastic signing.

GTFO with a backup TE who can be called on to block depending on the scheme vs playing as a starter in a pass catcher role. TEs are not WRs.

Bennett had 26 targets behind Witten's 117.

• He got 89 targets in NY
  • He got about 100 a year in Chicago

Samuel had 97 targets and 41 rushes this year.

We might as well bring up 2007 vs 2008 Michael Turner at this point if we are going to Bennett.

Bell and Brown had 492 touches/targets on that 2013 Steelers team. That was a unicorn in itself.

Sanders was better with Manning in Denver but his 5 years were 1000 and 5.2 after 740 and 6 in 2013.

His 2014 was amazing, no doubt at 1404 and 9.

I think you mean Brandon Lloyd's one unicorn season on his 4th team in year 8?

James Thrash 2001 really stepped up his game. Did Philly find a gem or did he just go from a 2a to a 1 and get more targets? Wow, the 2000 DC FT gave their RBs 180 targets! Larry Centers action!

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

From what I understand, the Giants FO, not just Gettleman, have questions about Golladay's health and tenure in Detroit. I'd imagine if the meeting goes well, we will see a deal happen. It really speaks to how much Golladay wants to be in New York that he's willing to go and visit in person.  

Art Stapleton reporting this is "not just a formality". Not an inevitable signing. Seems like a lot hinges on how this meeting goes. 

5 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I guaranteed the Jets would sign Thuney...he signed with the Chiefs

I guaranteed the Jets would sign Long...he signed with the Chiefs. 

Kansas City...you're welcome

Wanna go ahead with Alejandro Villanueva or Riley Reiff?    I’ll give my thanks after