Everything Free Agency 2021 - Rumors, news and notes

RaidersAreOne

28 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

JuJu to the Jets heating up apparently. Adding JuJu and Davis would be wild.

This is interesting because Crowder has been the only positive to that Jets offense and if you bring in Juju then you either look to let Crowder go or have juju not play the slot in which that is where he is fitted best. So its either you let one go or you put one in a position that they arent the strongest in.

4 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

This is interesting because Crowder has been the only positive to that Jets offense and if you bring in Juju then you either look to let Crowder go or have juju not play the slot in which that is where he is fitted best. So its either you let one go or you put one in a position that they arent the strongest in.

I'd wager that everyone would look at Juju as the better player. Crowder is a good player, but relatively expendable. 

Davis/Mims/Juju is a trio that could do some good things with the right QB.

25 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Yeah thought they’d be more aggressive. Nelson and Leonard both have extensions coming up soon so maybe that played a big part. 

They can sign all of their guys to top of market deals and still have plenty of cap space next year based on projections. Obviously free agency isn't over but I would consider the Colts among the biggest losers early on. Not using your cap space is functionally identical to not having it and this offseason has been full of players at positions of need getting fair value contracts (aka not gross overpays) like William Jackson III (CB), Corey Davis (WR), and Carl Lawson (DE) to name a few.

Ballard is a good to great GM no doubt but there are shades of Ted Thompson (arbitrary restrictions on team building) and a dash of Danny Ainge (obsession about getting value over adding talent).

1 hour ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

They can sign all of their guys to top of market deals and still have plenty of cap space next year based on projections. Obviously free agency isn't over but I would consider the Colts among the biggest losers early on. Not using your cap space is functionally identical to not having it and this offseason has been full of players at positions of need getting fair value contracts (aka not gross overpays) like William Jackson III (CB), Corey Davis (WR), and Carl Lawson (DE) to name a few.

Ballard is a good to great GM no doubt but there are shades of Ted Thompson (arbitrary restrictions on team building) and a dash of Danny Ainge (obsession about getting value over adding talent).

I mostly agree technically FA is only a few days old but Colts passed on a lot of decent Edge rushers many of them having decent deals. WR options  is still deep if you include FA and draft. I think at this point they’ll sign a FA LT and draft the best available Edge rusher with the 21th pick. With a couple of FA signings in between. 

Edited by Blackstar12

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Crowder is an 11 million dollar cap hit this year (with almost no dead money). I like Crowder, but he's a slot. I am not a huge JuJu fan, but the upside is clearly higher, there's a chance he'll actually cost less than that on the cap this year, and he largely stays healthy, which has been a bit of a problem for Crowder at points. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'd wager that everyone would look at Juju as the better player. Crowder is a good player, but relatively expendable. 

Davis/Mims/Juju is a trio that could do some good things with the right QB.

Also a much bigger and more physical group than when we would trot out Crowder and Berrios at the same time. All three are very good run blockers too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

Must be a good thing that two/three guys you mentioned were signed by Joe Douglas lol.