Everything Free Agency 2021 - Rumors, news and notes

RaidersAreOne

16 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

Yeah thought they’d be more aggressive. Nelson and Leonard both have extensions coming up soon so maybe that played a big part. 

I wonder about irsays financial situation. 

Does he have the capital to throw money around?? I honestly don't know. 

Maybe it changed with the new CBA, but all guaranteed money needs to be put into an escrow account the day the contract is signed. So, it may be as simple as - irsay don't got it 

But also, Ballard has shown to be a bargain shopper by nature, unless that was really because irsay hasn't wanted to spend money? 

2 hours ago, N4L said:

I wonder about irsays financial situation. 

Does he have the capital to throw money around?? I honestly don't know. 

Maybe it changed with the new CBA, but all guaranteed money needs to be put into an escrow account the day the contract is signed. So, it may be as simple as - irsay don't got it 

But also, Ballard has shown to be a bargain shopper by nature, unless that was really because irsay hasn't wanted to spend money? 

I don’t think financials have anything to do with it, though some Colt’s fans on Twitter have tried suggesting it. The Colts allegedly were in on JJ Watt but weren’t ultimately going to pay what he was asking. Also the Colt’s don’t use signing bonus money in their contracts (neither Ryan Kelly nor DeForest Buckner got any). They do usually guarantee the first and/or second year base salaries.

Some of Ballard’s best signings weren’t completed until multiple days after the start of free agency. Someone posted a graph showing Ballard’s best signings and Denico Autry (2018) was the earliest signed 3 days after the start of free agency. Houston and Rhodes were days after that (partly because Houston wasn’t cut by KC until after FA began).

Reports are starting to come out about players, they just had OT Julién Davenport in for a workout and supposedly talked with Jeremiah Attaochu. Irsay himself did a press conference where he all but said that the Colts starting LT was going to come from the draft.