Everything Free Agency 2021 - Rumors, news and notes

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Ahh, that would explain it. Thought he was Center only for some reason

When he first came to the Rams we had Sullivan at Center so Blythe mostly played LG with Saffold at RG. He took over at Center when Brian Allen went down after being largely bad before his injury and has stuck there since. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

When he first came to the Rams we had Sullivan at Center so Blythe mostly played LG with Saffold at RG. He took over at Center when Brian Allen went down after being largely bad before his injury and has stuck there since. 

So Blythe is a bad Guard and Cole is a bad center. Problem for Mn is they have Bradbury at Center and I don’t think he’s been bad enough to replace yet, hasn’t been great either. I’m not sure how I’d feel If the Vikes wanted to move Bradbury to LG to make room for Blythe, if he’s a good Center.

The Vikes typically like backup IOL who can play Center and Guard, think Joe Berger and most recently, Brett Jones. So it’s not a surprise they’d target guys like Cole and Blythe knowing the IOL needs to be rebuilt.

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

You have it flipped. Blythe played RG. Saffold played LG. 

9 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

You would think though Blythe has played Guard just about the same level as he has center, not very well. 

IMO, Blythe is a far better Center than Guard. At Center, he's serviceable when he's not left one on one with talented/powerful DLs. Dude doesn't have the sand in his pants to handle IDLs who can play with leverage and power. When he faces those guys, he gets whooped. But he'll also have games where he's a net positive. So you can do worse. He's a guy I wanted replaced because his bad games are really bad. But otherwise, he's a solid player.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

You have it flipped. Blythe played RG. Saffold played LG. 

IMO, Blythe is a far better Center than Guard. At Center, he's serviceable when he's not left one on one with talented/powerful DLs. Dude doesn't have the sand in his pants to handle IDLs who can play with leverage and power. When he faces those guys, he gets whooped. But he'll also have games where he's a net positive. So you can do worse. He's a guy I wanted replaced because his bad games are really bad. But otherwise, he's a solid player.

My bad! Minor bout of dyslexia? And Blythe IMO is fine he's one of those guys you settle for if you can't get an upgrade. 

• Like 1