Jump to content

Everything Free Agency 2021 - Rumors, news and notes


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, DawgX said:

lmao.

They were 13th in PPG last year behind teams like Minnesota, Las Vegas, Indy, and Pittsburgh.

They were 16th in offensive YPG last year behind teams like Houston, Dallas, and the 9ers.

Calling them elite is just as "lmao" worthy as calling them average. And average is far closer to where they ranked relative to the rest of the league than elite. 🤷‍♂️

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

They were 13th in PPG last year behind teams like Minnesota, Las Vegas, Indy, and Pittsburgh.

They were 16th in offensive YPG last year behind teams like Houston, Dallas, and the 9ers.

Calling them elite is just as "lmao" worthy as calling them average. And average is far closer to where they ranked relative to the rest of the league than elite. 🤷‍♂️

This is why stats can be misleading. Our offense also totally evolved as the season went on. And then they also played in three straight games in horrible weather conditions which hurt offensive numbers (and also skewed our overall defensive numbers to look better than they truly are).

I would agree they weren't elite, but they were very good. How else did we go 11-5? It sure as hell wasn't because of our defense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DawgX said:

This is why stats can be misleading. Our offense also totally evolved as the season went on. And then they also played in three straight games in horrible weather conditions which hurt offensive numbers (and also skewed our overall defensive numbers to look better than they truly are).

I would agree they weren't elite, but they were very good. How else did we go 11-5? It sure as hell wasn't because of our defense.

While the offense did improve some they still werent as great as the outcome of 11-5. I think the weak schedule (.451 sos in 2020) and the teams that were faced towards the end of the year got the momentum going for the team however they still have a long way to go. The run game is strong but I think Baker is going to be the player that will hold this offense back from getting to the next level. So I am interested in seeing how he does this year with a schedule that is not as easy (projected to be the 8th hardest in the league compared to 28th in 2020). After the bye week you guys faced 8 teams. I know pitt you beat their back ups then smacked them in the post season with starters so I give you that, but those other 7 teams you faced had a combined record of 39-72, losing to a ravens 11-5 team and a Jets 2-14 team notable win against the Titans. Not to mention a -11 point differential, which was the only team to make the playoffs with a negative point differential including the Skins. I think Browns are in the right direction and will be interesting to see how this team moves forward, if Baker makes the next step then the offense will prove to others they aren't to be slept on.  My question to you and browns fans does Baker deserve an extension? If not/unsure what does he have to do this year to prove he is the long term answer?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

While the offense did improve some they still werent as great as the outcome of 11-5. I think the weak schedule (.451 sos in 2020) and the teams that were faced towards the end of the year got the momentum going for the team however they still have a long way to go. The run game is strong but I think Baker is going to be the player that will hold this offense back from getting to the next level. So I am interested in seeing how he does this year with a schedule that is not as easy (projected to be the 8th hardest in the league compared to 28th in 2020). After the bye week you guys faced 8 teams. I know pitt you beat their back ups then smacked them in the post season with starters so I give you that, but those other 7 teams you faced had a combined record of 39-72, losing to a ravens 11-5 team and a Jets 2-14 team notable win against the Titans. Not to mention a -11 point differential, which was the only team to make the playoffs with a negative point differential including the Skins. I think Browns are in the right direction and will be interesting to see how this team moves forward, if Baker makes the next step then the offense will prove to others they aren't to be slept on.  My question to you and browns fans does Baker deserve an extension? If not/unsure what does he have to do this year to prove he is the long term answer?

Baker was great last year. He deserves a big extension right now. He had 1 bad year with a complete fool for a HC. Baker is the guy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

The passing game certainly is 

During the second half of the season Baker and the passing game was great. Certainly not just average.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DawgX said:

This is why stats can be misleading. Our offense also totally evolved as the season went on. And then they also played in three straight games in horrible weather conditions which hurt offensive numbers (and also skewed our overall defensive numbers to look better than they truly are).

I would agree they weren't elite, but they were very good. How else did we go 11-5? It sure as hell wasn't because of our defense.

A weak strength of schedule and a high rate of victory in close games (both of which are high indicators for year over year regression, for what it's worth.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, DawgX said:

During the second half of the season Baker and the passing game was great. Certainly not just average.

Over the whole season, they were average. Baker had 2 games over 300 passing yards. He's a game manager. If Baker Mayfield was your fantasy qb, you missed the playoffs, period.

 

Edited by Jeezla
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

Name the Browns starting wide receiver for that game.

name the jets starting WR's, Te's, and RB's

Edited by Jeezla
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

name the jets starting WR's, Te's, and RB's

Hey

 

So I want you as a nfl QB to play with guys you never practiced with and had less than 24 hours to learn your playbook. They were throwing passes in the ******* parking garage before the game.

 

Tell me how that goes. Oh yeah, you’re going to be missing a lot of other guys too.

Edited by candyman93
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Hey

 

So I want you as a nfl QB to play with guys you never practiced with and had less than 24 hours to learn your playbook.

 

Tell me how that goes. Oh yeah, you’re going to be missing a lot of other guys too.

If you have a game manager QB, it goes as well as it did. Baker had Chubb and a decent TE. Darnold had Frank Gore and Jamison Crowder, a worse OL, playing against a much better defense, and outplayed Baker.

Edited by Jeezla
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Name the Browns starting wide receiver for that game.

You took 1 segment of what i wrote to justify Baker's ability to take it to the next level? Name the starting Corners and Safeties for the Jets for that game....Excuses can be used on both sides if you want to look at it from an unbiased point of view. The fact is Baker couldnt get it done with lesser talent that game. You are going to pay Baker 160+ mil that means wr like Landry and OBJ are luxuries at that time and that they would have to settle for lesser talent on his weapons to make up for his big pay day unless you are planning on being offensive heavy and have to carry the defense which then leads to the next question, can Baker carry that team without a high paying defense or high paying weapons to throw to since his new price tag will involve a different position to be much weaker in order to absorb his cap.  Im not bashing Baker I think we need to see him take his game to the next level in which he isnt handed 7 of their 11 wins to teams drafting in the top 10 this year and 1 win with straight back ups. This years schedule will be the true test and prove the doubters right or wrong about him as a QB.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...