Everything Free Agency 2021 - Rumors, news and notes

RaidersAreOne

I feel like whichever team gives Shaq Barrett a big contract this offseason is going to be regretting it in 2 years.  He's solid but he is 28 years old and only has 2 years of strong production (although I would agree his relative lack of success in his years in Denver had to do with lack of opportunity).  Just feel like we've seen too many instances of guys like him getting paid and then just disappointing.

4 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

I feel like whichever team gives Shaq Barrett a big contract this offseason is going to be regretting it in 2 years.  He's solid but he is 28 years old and only has 2 years of strong production (although I would agree his relative lack of success in his years in Denver had to do with lack of opportunity).  Just feel like we've seen too many instances of guys like him getting paid and then just disappointing.

Depends on the expectations and contract. Truth is, a 5 year deal is likely on 3 years in practical application. At 28, a 3 year deal doesn't bother me. I'd probably rather pay him a premium over the next 3 than Yannick even though latter is more likely to make it through a 5 year deal if he's not overpaid. 

6 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

The thing with shaq, is he had benefited having JPP on the other side as well as Vea taking up doubles so him one on one with alot of tackles is a nightmare for them, if u put him opposite of any good pass rusher he should maintain his production. 

15 minutes ago, djw4bucs said:

The thing with shaq, is he had benefited having JPP on the other side as well as Vea taking up doubles so him one on one with alot of tackles is a nightmare for them, if u put him opposite of any good pass rusher he should maintain his production. 

The question is though if that's worth $22M+ or whatever high-end pass rushers get a year? 

12 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I don't get why the Chargers wouldn't tag Hunter Henry. Your 2nd year QB could probably use a good TE.

It would have cost the Chargers 110% of his previous cap which would be around 12 mil this year. With the lack of talent on the oline they could probably use that money to help protect Herbert. Also they may have a shot at Pitts in the draft and that would be an upgrade to Henry. 

13 minutes ago, djw4bucs said:

He is not worth over 20m imo, he is very good but he was put into the perfect situation for him.

That's what I am thinking as well. I think it's probably best for everyone if he returned to TB. Try and run it back, put up huge numbers and get a big payday still.