New role for Doug Williams

RSkinGM

17 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

AND,,further news. Doug Williams is now Sr Advisor to the janitor ,,,eerrrr, excuse me - I meant to say, Team President Jason Wright . He had previously been Sr V P for Player Development. Talk about your money for nothing. I'm so envious ! 😅

If he wasn’t a past player who won a Super Bowl, he would be out. Keep up with the Diversity. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

AND,,further news. Doug Williams is now Sr Advisor to the janitor ,,,eerrrr, excuse me - I meant to say, Team President Jason Wright . He had previously been Sr V P for Player Development. Talk about your money for nothing. I'm so envious ! 😅

This feels like his fourth "promotion" in four years.

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

He is one of the few who survived the purging.  Frankly, I am surprised he doesn't move on.  But maybe he truly is happy with his position and doesn't have the ambition for a GM type role.

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I have no problem with Dan Snyder continuing to give Doug Williams $. It doesn’t affect me one bit or the team and their cap space. He’s a good guy, if Dan wants him there then so be it.

Makes you wonder why one guy was canned who was hired by Bruce Allen, but another guy gets to stay on.  

• Like 1

On 2/4/2021 at 11:57 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

Makes you wonder why one guy was canned who was hired by Bruce Allen, but another guy gets to stay on.  

Different personalities IMO. Doug Williams seems like the type who doesn’t ruffle any feathers. Those type of guys can stay employed for a long time. My dad worked at the same place for 36 years until he retired when other people at their jobs came and went who ruffled feathers a lot and back stabbed or whatever, my dad just went in and did his job well and did what his bosses wanted him to do.

Edited by turtle28

On 2/8/2021 at 1:51 PM, A TRAIN 89 said:

Poor Doug...nobody wants to fire him because he’s such a Redskins legend and great guy. They just keep giving him new titles and less responsibility. 

If I was him I’d gladly ride that gravy train as long as I could! 😂