Offseason and a defensive mock

OnWisconsin-JRS

17 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

Ya no kidding so does every team but that’s easier said than done. I still kind a feel like we have the 3T in Clark and a run stopper is easier to find while we look for a quality 3T so we could move Clark back to nose. That’s where I was going with it. I just wanted your opinion on whether or not you felt Clark had the skill set in the first place to be a quality 3T. Thanks, you’ve confirmed it. 

What I assume AG is saying is that GB already has the truly rare player in Clark when he lines up as a legit pass rushing NT.  Leave him there and go after the pass rushing 3T that is generally easier to find.  If you just want a run stuffing NT to pair with Clark at 3T, there is no need to invest a high pick to find that NT.

15 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

What I assume AG is saying is that GB already has the truly rare player in Clark when he lines up as a legit pass rushing NT.  Leave him there and go after the pass rushing 3T that is generally easier to find.  If you just want a run stuffing NT to pair with Clark at 3T, there is no need to invest a high pick to find that NT. I agree and wasn’t planning on a high pick for that. I feel we can get one of the kids from LSU or Florida 3rd round or later  

And I was asking if Clark could be an affective 3T because a run stopping NT is easier to find than a pass rush 3T. 

Edited by MantyWrestler

So gunna try and clear up some of these questions that ppl have brought up from my point of view.

Clark - not trying to take him off the nose for ever play.... your reading way to much into that. All I am stating it would be nice to move him around and maybe put him on the B gap for 15 snaps a game. Let him eat in a variety of areas. I agree with everyone that our d line is rough. I think with the two rookie additions plus hopefully keke taking a step forward we improve. Plus switching to a 4-3 puts Z and Gary into what I think is a better suited position. Whether they both stand up or put a hand down it doesn’t matter.

Watching TB play and the old Carolina Panthers I just like have the options the 3 linebackers can give you. Now I know Barnes is not White or Luke but he showed a lot of skills and showed he can wear the green dot. Now another offseason of learning along with Martin getting his feet under him plus adding an athlete like Surratt I like what that brings. 

WR.... ppl love Funchess more then me I am gathering. He is cheap I give you that but he isn’t a game changer. Swapping him for Davis is a no brainer. Adding two WR in the middle is just preparing for the future plus Marlon is my draft crush along with Richie Grant which I will answer next. I don’t think we need another season of ESB or Taylor that’s just me. Plus that late is a 50/50 chance they pan out. I will say this next year I want to resign MVS and almost wrote that in there. MVS improved so much as a WR I want to see that continue with Rodgers. He was snatching the ball against TB and yes the mental mistakes drive me nuts but he is a game changer. Plus he gives all out effort on blocking and you never hear him complain but the Tampa game gave me more hope that he is a number 2. So next year we roll with Adams Davis MVS Lazard Williams Grimes I am a big fan of that. And if ESB beats Grimes out you put him on the PS. Too many quality targets is not an issue we need them. 

Richie Grant is a quality prospect and with how much we roll out 3 safeties and I bet we will still do that with a new defensive we need another guy. Redmond and Greene are not the answer and Savage played the slot so well we need another option at safety. Plus it’s a tough position to learn. Look at when we lost Nick Collins we didn’t get a good safety until Amos and Savage. We can’t do that again plus on my board he was BPA. 

and you all can hate the Jones signing but we need him. Best back in the red zone and just a Packer guy. Can’t let guys like him walk out the door I hope we don’t.