Humble Beast 2021 Mock Offseason.. To the Moon part1

Humble_Beast

I’m going to make 2 mock drafts; one prior to free agency and one post free agency and closer to the draft. I’ll get straight to the point. Would appreciate feedback. *draft profiles from draftnetwork.com

Cuts:

Tyrelle Williams- too much money, too little production

Richie Incognito- it’s time to go with youth movement

Lamarcus Joyner- played better in 2020 but still not worth his contract

Carl Nassib- we ask him to redo his deal, but he refuses. Nassib is gone

Players ink to neal deal:

D Booker- there wasn’t much of a dropoff when he played. RB2 don’t break the back, 1y 2m

D Good- we sign him to compete to start at RT 1y 4m

Takk Mckinnely- league minimum - a chance to resurrect his career. From Oakland so probably a Raider at heart

David Irving- league minimum- see above, low risk high ceiling type of player, with ties to Rod M.

McMillen- ideally we can bring back Morrow, but I don’t think we can afford him. Raekwon,  signed for league minimum for depth 

Maliek Collins- I project there is no market for him, so we sign him back for the minimum for redemption

*most of the new deals are cheap, depth moves. 

Contracts reworked:

Gabe Jackson- find a way to convert his yearly salary from 9.6m to around 5-6m through a roster bonus

Players traded: 

Marcus Mariota- he can be a cheap stopgap starter for a team, he lands the Raiders a 4th.

Trent Brown- a team gets desperate for OL talent and trade for Brown RT/LT Brown can also play the LT position, he has value. Lands the Raiders a 4th rounder and cap relief

Free Agency:

Allen Robinson - Gruden goes and nabs a new toy and creates a Vegas buzz. Robinson is an upgraded Agholor, and compliments Ruggs perfectly as a big body WR that moves the chains type of player. Robinson could be Devante Adams good with a real QB.Passing game will be deadly and open up the run game. Ties to Gus Bradley 3y 60m

Yannick Ngakoue- Bradley uses his connections to add a dynamic Edge Rusher. We simply slide Ferrell/Crosby to one side and have them compete on this beast on the other side. We get him at a discount after a down year. Ties to Gus Bradley 3y 51m

Roy Roberston-Harris- Bears are worried about money, and we get the kid who grew up a Raider from Oakland. I predict Leonard Williams gets a new deal from the Giants and Robertson won’t break the bank and is interior pass rusher with good size. Should be cheaper than Sheldon Rankins. 2y 14m

Richard Sherman- Gruden can’t help himself, and Sherman comes to Vegas in that alpha role. He moves to FS in the Woodson late career spot, and is the guy you want with a young defense. Ties to Gus Bradley. 2y 12m

Draft

R1 Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah - I just go with the BPA. JO has star potential, he has unlimited range, and is a football player at LB. Littleton and JO would form one of the fastest LB pair in all the league. He would shift our LB rotation to - WLB - JO - MLB- Littleton - SLB Kwit. We make up for that Devin White pick, and our defense will actually be playing fast in 2020. Butkus winner

"Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah projects as an impact defender at the NFL level. There’s an undeniable level of explosion to his game that helps Owusu-Koramoah mask the limitations of his game on account of his stature. An ideal match from a team perspective would be one that wants to stay in their base defensive personnel at a higher than average rate, where Owusu-Koramoah’s versatility can shine brightly against spread sets." 

R2 Jay Tufele- should be able to start day1 at NT. He has special athletic traits, and could offer pass rush ability at the NT. High ceiling in a  good DT class

Jay Tufele typically aligns in the 3-technique, but has also aligned in a 4i and the 1-shade in the exposures I graded. He has very good athleticism, as evidenced by his outstanding body quickness and “get off” on the snap. In the run game, he commands a double team due to his ability to disrupt the protection.

R3  Walker Little- he comes in and competes at RT from Day 1. A good tackle class, could be a few different solid right tackle options in the 3rd. 

"Walker Little aligned at left tackle for the Cardinal offense. He is a big, strong prospect with excellent length and prototypical NFL size. He has excellent range, which makes him ideally suited to play on the edge. He plays with good athleticism overall, as evidenced by his fluid pass set and his ability to laterally redirect inside. He also demonstrates excellent latch strength in his hands. Might slip because he didn't play in 2020, and might not be a LT in the NFL."

R4- Israel Mukuamu- fits the mold of press man corner at 6’3 with excellent size.Adds more competition to the unit, and could be a sleeper. Gus Bradley seems to get the most out of unheralded DBs.

"South Carolina used Israel Mukuamu in a variety of ways including as a wide corner, in the slot, as a deep safety, and in the box. While he primarily played as an outside corner, he does have appealing traits that make him a versatile option at the next level that can serve as a matchup neutralizer against tight ends and big slots. For a team that features a slot safety and/or positionless subpackage defenders, Mukuamu is an intriguing option for those roles in addition to playing wide corner in zone coverage. Mukumua is long, athletic, rangy, and physical. He does well to stay leveraged in zone coverage, has good ball skills, and is aggressive driving forward"

R4 - Ben Clevelend- a massive guard that fits the power blocking scheme. Would provide depth and could press Jackson to start down the road

"Ben Cleveland aligned at right guard for the Bulldogs' offense. He is an average athlete with regard to his lateral agility and body quickness. However, he is a nasty interior lineman with solid technique and hand placement. He comes off the ball and strikes in the run game. He gets vertical movement and also does a good job of being a finisher. In the passing game, he is difficult to bull rush due to his competitiveness, nasty demeanor, and functional strength. He can anticipate stunts and twists inside and knows when to come off his man"

R4- Kuony Deng - is 6’5 250 and a good athlete, played MLB at Cal. Might be better as edge, linebacker, backup MLB/SLB with startet potential. At the very least will replace Wilber with alot more potential. A smart kid who I wouldn’t bet against. Between Muse and Deng, hopefully one becomes a player, he is 6’5 250 athlete. Potential pick on day 3 at a unit that has been lacking talent over the years. 

"Deng aligns at inside linebacker for the Bears hybrid defense. He has good natural athleticism, evidenced in his ability to scrape, avoid trash and find the football. In the run game, he has moments when he's decisive of getting downhill and attacking the ball carrier. He's rangy and shows some physical toughness in the box. He has excellent length which allows him to be disruptive and get in the passing lanes when he drops. This player is raw and is playing out of position. However, there is considerable upside if this player gets stronger, adds mass to his frame and develop instincts with more reps at the position. He's ideally suited to play on the EDGE rather than in the box."

R5- Chatarius "Tutu" Atwell - a speed demon, could benice backup to Ruggs. Also is a return man, who could fill either spot.

"Louisville wide receiver Tutu Atwell led the ACC in receiving and touchdowns as a sophomore in 2019, just two seasons removed from playing quarterback in high school. He brings elite speed to the table and was often just too much for college secondaries to contain. With a skill set predicated on speed and finesse, Atwell’s ability to get loose in the secondary and break pursuit angles is his appeal at the next level."

R6 - trade a 6th from Gunner Minshew. Probably needs a new team, would be a fine QB2.  On a cheap contract for two more years. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6cojawev_U&t=130s

R7- Marcus Murphy -another headhunter from Mississippi. Former RB who has good speed, could take Leavitt spot and be a special teams ace. Could develop his raw traits down the road, a former RB who made plays in the SEC

what does the draft accomplish?

• adds an dynamic defensive player in the 1st who can be a star. Makes our defense a lot faster
  • attacks the trenches in rounds 2,3,4
  • adds prospects with potential at WR, LB, DBS
QB Carr Minshew

Peterman

RB Jacobs Booker Richard
FB Ingold    
WR

Robinson

Edwards  
WR Ruggs Quinn  
Slot Renfrow Tutu   
TE Waller Moreau Bowers
LT Miller Parker  
LG Simpson    
C Hudson James  
RG Jackson Clevelend  
RT

Good

Walker Little Jones-Smith
DE Ngakoue

Takk

UT

Roy Robertson

Collins

Hurst

NT

Tufele

Irving  
DE Crosby Ferrell Key
WLB JO Muse/White  
MLB Littleton Raekwon  
SLB KWIT Deng  
CB Mullen Johnson  
CB Arnette Mukuamu  
Slot Robertson Nixon  
FS Sherman

Heath

SS Abram Murphy Gaulden
K Carlson Eberle  
P Cole    
LS Sieg McCullough  

thoughts? Grade? 

Edited by Humble_Beast

6 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Gotta do my homework on some of these kids but I like round 2 can live with round 1. Don’t think we get Robertson in fa. 

Why don’t you think we get Robertson?   That’s just an off thing to say about a mid level FA.  I get saying “I doubt we get Leonard Williams or Justin Simmons” but Roy Robertson-Harris is barely a starter.  He’s very obtainable.

• Like 1

Overall I really like it.  I love how you got extra mid round picks and found some great value.  Really like the picks of Mukuamu, Atwell, Cleveland and like the picks of Tufele and Little.  I’d prefer a few other RTs before Little but that’s just personal choice and maybe you see those guys going before the pick.  

Overall, very reasonable and believable and well done.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Why don’t you think we get Robertson?   That’s just an off thing to say about a mid level FA.  I get saying “I doubt we get Leonard Williams or Justin Simmons” but Roy Robertson-Harris is barely a starter.  He’s very obtainable.

Robinson the wr my bad phone tripping

26 minutes ago, OnlyGlove said:

Why Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah when we have Littleton?

why just have one fast linebacker? JO and Littleton would give us crazy range and you need to be play fast on defense in the modern NFL. Kwit and Jo could be used to blitz too, help the pass rush. I figure if we sign a star DE, and have Crosby/Ferrell on the other side it will come down to DT or BPA. Barmore tempting too, I fully expect Sherman to be a raider so no FS. I'm not a big fan but I'll give Arnette a shot to prove why he was a first round CB before drafting another one. Also want to see Amik get a chance and not buried. 

28 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Robinson the wr my bad phone tripping

That was the toughest signing. I just figure coaching ties, best income tax rates, state of the art facilities, and money.. maybe we get Robinson... we need Leonard Williams or Arob, need a game changers just not a bunch of okay starters. Usually Florida teams sign Fas because of tax rates. I don't see TB with cap space, he won't go back to Jags. I think Dolphins draft a WR early

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

Overall I really like it.  I love how you got extra mid round picks and found some great value.  Really like the picks of Mukuamu, Atwell, Cleveland and like the picks of Tufele and Little.  I’d prefer a few other RTs before Little but that’s just personal choice and maybe you see those guys going before the pick.  

Overall, very reasonable and believable and well done.  

thanks. if we wanted to get good value Round 2 DT, Round 3 RT... great value there 

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

Robertson Harris. 6'7 290

Jay Tufele 6'4 320   

with David Irving 6'7 290 coming  off the bench 

4 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

why just have one fast linebacker? JO and Littleton would give us crazy range and you need to be play fast on defense in the modern NFL. Kwit and Jo could be used to blitz too, help the pass rush. I figure if we sign a star DE, and have Crosby/Ferrell on the other side it will come down to DT or BPA. Barmore tempting too, I fully expect Sherman to be a raider so no FS. I'm not a big fan but I'll give Arnette a shot to prove why he was a first round CB before drafting another one. Also want to see Amik get a chance and not buried. 

We'll spend most snaps in nickle. Unless your going to put one at slot we'll have a high value asset off the field for a large amount of time.  Plus none of them are suited to playing SAM. 

I'm personally against taking an LB so high, I see them a bit like RB where a lot of there production comes from the Line winning battles and keeping them free to make plays. 

But Zaven Collins and Parsons makes more sense in the way to me, they are SAM's that can play edge in nickle.

Maybe even pass rushing lbs like Joseph Ossai or Azeez Ojulari who are traditional 3-4 pass rushers but can play come coverage could play same in our 4-3 under and move to end in nickle. In the Uchenna Nwosu mold for Gus at the Chargers.  Allowing Crosby to be our Bosa and Ferrell our Ingram. Get a good 1tec for early downs and a stud pass rushing DT.

Probably mean we don't need to sign Yannick too saving more cap. Our resigning and FA looks a tad unrealistic. Also, some great FS in FA, if we do have money get one of them, Sherman can float around the field and fill in where needed replacing Lawson and Worley 

Just think J OK is a good player but doesn't really fill a need or fit for us. Just be getting cheaper at Will when Littleton could still come good. When the is many other more important spaces on defense needing help 

Edited by OnlyGlove
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, OnlyGlove said:

We'll spend most snaps in nickle. Unless your going to put one at slot we'll have a high value asset off the field for a large amount of time.  Plus none of them are suited to playing SAM. 

I'm personally against taking an LB so high, I see them a bit like RB where a lot of there production comes from the Line winning battles and keeping them free to make plays. 

But Zaven Collins and Parsons makes more sense in the way to me, they are SAM's that can play edge in nickle.

Maybe even pass rushing lbs like Joseph Ossai or Azeez Ojulari who are traditional 3-4 pass rushers but can play come coverage could play same in our 4-3 under and move to end in nickle. In the Uchenna Nwosu mold for Gus at the Chargers.  Allowing Crosby to be our Bosa and Ferrell our Ingram. Get a good 1tec for early downs and a stud pass rushing DT.

Probably mean we don't need to sign Yannick too saving more cap. Our resigning and FA looks a tad unrealistic. Also, some great FS in FA, if we do have money get one of them, Sherman can float around the field and fill in where needed replacing Lawson and Worley 

Just think J OK is a good player but doesn't really fill a need or fit for us. Just be getting cheaper at Will when Littleton could still come good. When the is many other more important spaces on defense needing help 

I would expect most of our defense packages to be 4-3 base or Nickle. JO and Littleton would always be on the field. I do like Collins, Ojulari, and Parsons. I was torn on Barmore but I think he goes top 15 as the top DT in the draft class. 

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I would expect most of our defense packages to be 4-3 base or Nickle. JO and Littleton would always be on the field. I do like Collins, Ojulari, and Parsons. I was torn on Barmore but I think he goes top 15 as the top DT in the draft class. 

So Nick Kwiatkowski gets dropped?

• Like 1