"This team is in the Pitts"

Karnage84

This is just an exercise in trying something different. I'm not generally a fan of taking a TE up high but Pitts could be played more as a versatile WR and be BPA. 

• Lions trade #7 (Justin Fields) to Denver for #9, #73 (3rd), #233 (7th)
  • Lions trade #9 (Trey Lance) to San Francisco for #12, #102 (3rd), 2022 1st

Pick breakdown - Offense (3/9); Defense (6/9)

#12 - Kyle Pitts, WR/TE, Florida: Pitts is more of a big WR and playmaker. There's a lot of things that would lead up to this pick - Pitts' 40 time will be the difference, Parsons (who was available) not interviewing well with character concerns, etc. If the Lions choose to franchise tag Kenny, Pitts would give them KG insurance and another tool in the toolbox for new QB Jared Goff. We have to be able to put points on the board in order to win. KG (if he's playing under the tag or re-signed), Hockenson, Pitts is a nice trio.

#39 - Christian Barmore, DT, Alabama: He is probably going to be picked in the 1st round but he was available here. We need pass-rushing help in the biggest of ways. He can play in both a 3-4 and 4-3 front. 

#71 - Levi Onwuzurike, DT/DE, Washington: Another interior pass-rusher, he is on the smaller side compared to someone like Barmore. He fits the mold of what Da'Shawn Hand is and should be able to fit his role. 

#73 - Jabril Cox, LB, LSU: A LB that fits the mold of the new age linebacker. Should help improve our capabilities moving side-line to sideline instead of the big, clunky guys that were favoured under the previous regime. 

#88 - Walker Little, OT, Stanford: Little is a guy that had been mocked in the top 10 in 2019 mock drafts. He was injured and lost a season and seems to be a guy that has been forgotten in the mix. He offers up a lot of upside and could be one of the better OT's in this class if he can stay healthy. Should slot in at RT and could be our LTOTF.

#102 - Amari Rodgers, WR, Clemson: A dynamic slot WR with great hands. Made a ton of plays at the Senior Bowl. He could easily become one of Goff's favourite new toys. 

#111 - Ronnie Perkins, EDGE, Oklahoma: We need help on the edge in a big way. Perkins could develop into a stud playmaker as he has the tools to get there. 

#150 - Caden Sterns, S, Texas: Versatile safety with the potential to play in a number of roles in different schemes. Will need to become more aggressive at the LOS.

#233 - Camryn Bynum, CB, Cal: Athletic developmental CB. Really just more of an outside guy. 

3 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

DetailedFluffyAmericantoad-small.gif

"He's basically a big WR!" 

.. was what many said about Ebron. 

Ebron had bricks for hands. 

5 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

No more TEs 😣

It depends on how you view him. If you're going to use him like a Darren Waller type or as a big bodied WR, it could work. I'm in full agreement if we're looking at a Cole Kmet type of guy. 

1 minute ago, Superduperman said:

I just don't see the value in the top 15. Saying he's a great TE-WR hybrid is great, but there's always the risk of getting someone who isn't fast enough for WR and not strong enough for TE.

Besides, TE is the position of least need on the whole team.

Assuming that he runs really well and we have the data to support him as a WR/TE hybrid, does that change things? 

12 Personnel

QB - Goff

RB - Swift

WR1 - KG

WR2 - TBD

TE1 - Hockenson

TE2 - Pitts

11 Personnel

QB - Goff

RB - Swift

WR1 - KG

WR2 - Pitts

SWR - Rodgers

TE1 - Hockenson

Kyle Pitts

2020 Stats

43 Receptions/67 Targets = 64.18%

770 Yards

12 TD's

17.9 YPC

.279 TD/rec

Eric Ebron

2013 Stats

62 Receptions/98 Targets* Catch % = 62.7% (using NFL career number as I can't find his 2013 targets). 

973 Yards

3 TD's

15.7 YPC

0.048 TD/rec

If you scale up Pitts' college numbers with Ebron's usage, you're looking at a top level WR coming out of college.

63 Receptions

1,128 Yards

18 TD's

How is Pitts on Defense 😉

I like Barmore, and I like Cox.  Just Pitts in the first half of the draft is a no for me.  IF we trade down and he is the BPA then I might consider it, but it would have to be outside of the top 20. Even then, it would be a luxury pick.

2 hours ago, Karnage84 said:
  • Lions trade #7 (Justin Fields) to Denver for #9, #73 (3rd), #233 (7th)
  • Lions trade #9 (Trey Lance) to San Francisco for #12, #102 (3rd), 2022 1st

These trades look off to me.  The Broncos are moving up 2 spots, and coughing up a 3rd and a 7th round pick to grab their QBOTF.  The 49ers are trading 3 spots to grab their QBOTF but giving up a 3rd and a future FRP.  There's some QB premium involved, but why are you applying it to the 49ers trade but not the Broncos?

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

These trades look off to me.  The Broncos are moving up 2 spots, and coughing up a 3rd and a 7th round pick to grab their QBOTF.  The 49ers are trading 3 spots to grab their QBOTF but giving up a 3rd and a future FRP.  There's some QB premium involved, but why are you applying it to the 49ers trade but not the Broncos?

It was just what was offered/available in the TDN mock simulator. It also comes down to availability - when targets start coming off of the board a team may be more inclined to give up a bit more to get their guy. 

7 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

It was just what was offered/available in the TDN mock simulator. It also comes down to availability - when targets start coming off of the board a team may be more inclined to give up a bit more to get their guy. 

And that's probably the flaw of the simulator.  Teams don't usually pay more as players fall closer to them.  I mean, if Detroit was offered that deal by San Francisco for 7 and the Broncos offered their deal for 7 with that package, which one do you think the Lions would realistically accept?  There's always a small chance that the Lions have 3 guys who are graded out pretty similar and want to extract a little extra value, which would make sense if they stayed at 9 to make their pick.  But they trade down yet again?  A team like San Francisco who is actively looking to move up knows what they're willing to give up in terms of assets.  They're calling every team from 2 to 11 pre-draft and discussing what a potential framework and if the team is willing to move down.  They're not going to suddenly bump their offer for 9 when they weren't willing to do it for 7.  The logic just isn't there.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

And that's probably the flaw of the simulator.  Teams don't usually pay more as players fall closer to them.  I mean, if Detroit was offered that deal by San Francisco for 7 and the Broncos offered their deal for 7 with that package, which one do you think the Lions would realistically accept?  There's always a small chance that the Lions have 3 guys who are graded out pretty similar and want to extract a little extra value, which would make sense if they stayed at 9 to make their pick.  But they trade down yet again?  A team like San Francisco who is actively looking to move up knows what they're willing to give up in terms of assets.  They're calling every team from 2 to 11 pre-draft and discussing what a potential framework and if the team is willing to move down.  They're not going to suddenly bump their offer for 9 when they weren't willing to do it for 7.  The logic just isn't there.

Stop making sense.

lol

• Like 1