"This team is in the Pitts"

Karnage84

2 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

Pitts is more CJ than TJ. 🤠

I feel better comparing him to Mike Evans lol. Because outside of Randy Moss, I've never seen a WR as physically dominant as Megatron. But yeah, Pitts isn't a traditional Y. Any team that uses him like that is stupid. Use him like a versatile WR. There just aren't many CBs with the size to handle him. In college, a lot of DBs just resorted to holding him, and the dude would still overpower them and separate. If you try to use him inline, it makes it so much easier for teams to have their edge rushers and LBs disrupt his routes and releases. 

Edited by jrry32
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I don't want a 1st round TE...

... I want all of the 1st round TEs. Pettigrew, Ebron, Hockenson, and now Pitts. Sign me up.

(I would prefer going in a different direction, but Pitts is a talent and I wouldn't be against it.)

Lions become TE1 (U?)... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NFL_Fan said:

NO WAY!! He caught a ball over a sophmore....not impressed at all..

Okay. Here he is lining up at WR and catching a TD on projected first to second round pick Tyson Campbell, a 6'2" CB, while Campbell commits pass interference:

Yes, yes, I know. You're not impressed.

Edited by jrry32

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Okay. Here he is lining up at WR and catching a TD on projected first to second round pick Tyson Campbell, a 6'2" CB, while Campbell commits pass interference:

Pfft.. he only did that with two hands... you gotta catch that with ZERO hands to impress me. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jrry32 said:

i can tell yall must watch a ton of lions. not use to seeing players just make normal plays...try watching some other teams..guys do this every game..and no..not impressed...hes 6'5" lmaoo...and the ball was perfectly thrown...and safety wasn't there to help or pop him..maybe try again? 0/2 to pick a guy in the top of 1st rd...and you show two deep balls that were thrown well on little guys... 

10 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

i can tell yall must watch a ton of lions. not use to seeing players just make normal plays...try watching some other teams..guys do this every game..and no..not impressed...hes 6'5" lmaoo...and the ball was perfectly thrown...and safety wasn't there to help or pop him..maybe try again? 0/2 to pick a guy in the top of 1st rd...and you show two deep balls that were thrown well on little guys... 

@jrry32 is a Rams/Goff/new Lions fan. He's been watching a lot of good football over the last few years. 

How is 6'2 little? I'm 5'10 and by that metric I should have my own show on TLC. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

@jrry32 is a Rams/Goff/new Lions fan. He's been watching a lot of good football over the last few years. 

How is 6'2 little? I'm 5'10 and by that metric I should have my own show on TLC. 

I mean I dont wanna get personal lol. but yeah those corners are little guys..he wont go against guys like that in the league...try lavonte david. Leonard, Wagner, J Smith, derwin james, jamal adams, anthony harris, harrison smith. I think he turns average. personally i like small shifty pass catchers. not basketball players. 

1 minute ago, NFL_Fan said:

I mean I dont wanna get personal lol. but yeah those corners are little guys..he wont go against guys like that in the league...try lavonte david. Leonard, Wagner, J Smith, derwin james, jamal adams, anthony harris, harrison smith. I think he turns average. personally i like small shifty pass catchers. not basketball players. 

Adams is 6'1. Derwin is 6'2. We're not talking about a 5'9 slot corner. 

• Like 1

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Like... catch... passes?

lol no. just an over the top ball and its caught lmao...that play was just another play..not some amazing highlight play that makes justifiable to take him. 

Kyle Pitts, Florida (2020): 95.9

Harrison Bryant, FAU (2019): 92.5
David Morgan, UTSA (2015): 92.5
Hunter Henry, Arkansas (2015): 92.4

this is who they're comparing his numbers to...would yall take any of those guys top 50??? lmao

12 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

lol no. just an over the top ball and its caught lmao...that play was just another play..not some amazing highlight play that makes justifiable to take him. 

Kyle Pitts, Florida (2020): 95.9

Harrison Bryant, FAU (2019): 92.5
David Morgan, UTSA (2015): 92.5
Hunter Henry, Arkansas (2015): 92.4

this is who they're comparing his numbers to...would yall take any of those guys top 50??? lmao

Pre-injury Hunter Henry? Yes, 100%. 

His issue has just been his health/availability, not his play. 

Would I take pre-injury Hunter Henry in the top 10? No. Top 50? Absolutely. 

I just watched a video and the four guys made these comparisons for Pitts

1) Pre-fat Kelvin Benjamin (rookie year had 1,000 yards and 10 td's)

2) Darren Waller (back to back 1,000+ yard seasons, 12 Total TD's)

3) Pre-injury Jimmy Graham (4,800 yards and 51 TD's in NO)

4) Mike Geisicki (700 yards, 6 TD's in 2020)

Waller is the one that we'll probably see pop up more and more. If your plan is to play Pitts in a traditional TE role, then it's a bad plan and it will fail. He gets knocked a lot for his blocking abilities. Irv Smith had the same knocks coming out of the draft. We saw firsthand that he was better than expected in that area.

I have to imagine IF he was the guy that we could at least get this to become serviceable between Campbell, Fraley (OL) and Johnson (TE).