"This team is in the Pitts"

Karnage84

17 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Pre-injury Hunter Henry? Yes, 100%. 

His issue has just been his health/availability, not his play. 

Would I take pre-injury Hunter Henry in the top 10? No. Top 50? Absolutely. 

I just watched a video and the four guys made these comparisons for Pitts

1) Pre-fat Kelvin Benjamin (rookie year had 1,000 yards and 10 td's)

2) Darren Waller (back to back 1,000+ yard seasons, 12 Total TD's)

3) Pre-injury Jimmy Graham (4,800 yards and 51 TD's in NO)

4) Mike Geisicki (700 yards, 6 TD's in 2020)

Waller is the one that we'll probably see pop up more and more. If your plan is to play Pitts in a traditional TE role, then it's a bad plan and it will fail. He gets knocked a lot for his blocking abilities. Irv Smith had the same knocks coming out of the draft. We saw firsthand that he was better than expected in that area.

I have to imagine IF he was the guy that we could at least get this to become serviceable between Campbell, Fraley (OL) and Johnson (TE). 

thank you for confirming. i wouldnt take any of those guys in the 1st rd. not even jimmy graham in his prime...unless everyone else just didnt show up and he is only guy there..

darren waller 6 rd pick

george kittle 5th rd pick

travis kelce  3rd rd pick

mark andrews 3rd rd pick

dallas goedert 2nd rd pick (what a waste with Ertz there!!!!) (but eagles are gonna eagles, trash drafters)

Hock was next. 

those are the top TE's this year...

TIGHT ENDS ARE NOT WORTH IT

add

logan thomas

gronk 

shultz

hunter henry

tonyan

jonnu smith

austin hooper

kyle rudolph

are more guys not drafted in the 1st

Are you catching my drift?

Hockenson

noah fant

hayden hurst

oj howard

evan engram

njoku

eric ebron

tyler eifert 

jermaine gresham

these guys are ALLLL FIRST ROUND PICKS....NONE OF THEM WERE WORTH IT...

now my point is proven we can move on...Pitts is not gonna be on this team. 

10 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

add

logan thomas

gronk 

shultz

hunter henry

tonyan

jonnu smith

austin hooper

kyle rudolph

Hockenson

noah fant

hayden hurst

oj howard

evan engram

njoku

eric ebron

tyler eifert 

jermaine gresham

I'm not even really banging the drum for Pitts but the basis for your argument holds absolutely zero weight to it. Where a player was drafted has ZERO bearing on where they should have been drafted and the kind of impact that they have on your football team. Shaq Barrett was a UDFA, led the league in sacks and was just part of a dominant DL that won the Super Bowl. 

Positional value is a different story and where we would probably agree - I wouldn't take a traditional TE in round 1. There's a steep learning curve and they usually take 2-3 years to develop into the guy that teams will covet. Hockenson is presumably the "next great TE" according to some writers and we have to hope so given his draft position and he'll be in year 3. 

If you're playing Pitts in the Waller-style and basically as a big bodied WR, then you're ranking him against other WR's. If you're willing to take Jamar Chase or De'Vonta Smith in that spot, then Pitts should be under consideration. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NFL_Fan said:

I mean I dont wanna get personal lol. but yeah those corners are little guys..he wont go against guys like that in the league...try lavonte david. Leonard, Wagner, J Smith, derwin james, jamal adams, anthony harris, harrison smith. I think he turns average. personally i like small shifty pass catchers. not basketball players. 

Campbell is 6'2". That's as tall or taller as everybody on your list. Outside of a handful of guys, 6'2" is about as tall as it gets for a CB. And Pitts is too athletic for LBs and safeties to handle one on one. Campbell is a 6'2" CB who reportedly runs in the 4.40 to 4.44 range in the 40 and is a projected first to second round pick. but yes, you're seeing why Pitts is such a mismatch. The guys who have the athleticism to stay on him are "little guys." 

Edited by jrry32

35 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

add

logan thomas

gronk 

shultz

hunter henry

tonyan

jonnu smith

austin hooper

kyle rudolph

Hockenson

noah fant

hayden hurst

oj howard

evan engram

njoku

eric ebron

tyler eifert 

jermaine gresham

That's what I keep trying to tell you. Pitts shouldn't be used as a TE. He should be used as a WR.

I get what yall are saying but we're just on two different paths. nd no I dont want D smith or waddle at 7. only WR I like in the 1st are Chase (still scary since no season, but 2020 was so nice) and Toney (later of course like 26) BUT this class is stacked. so as someone said a shi smith or stevenson pick really could see similar prodcution if goff is a qb and VATAI is starting lol. never say never but doesn't look good on paper. idc how much seperation they get if they dont have time to breath. look at chiefs in SB...no time...on top of amazing coverage on Kelce and Hill. well maybe not amazing i havent watched it in  breakdown. but live all i kept seeing were l david, barrett, and white...

stinks we need so much but I think we need to attack and mke at least one group studs. so either pass rush or o line or LBs. seems we invested in DB's and RB so tht could drop those picks to later rounds or next year. this is longe term. so maybe by year 3 we compete. id like to see a playoff spot but I dont expect one until year 4

2 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

I get what yall are saying but we're just on two different paths. nd no I dont want D smith or waddle at 7. only WR I like in the 1st are Chase (still scary since no season, but 2020 was so nice) and Toney (later of course like 26) BUT this class is stacked. so as someone said a shi smith or stevenson pick really could see similar prodcution if goff is a qb and VATAI is starting lol. never say never but doesn't look good on paper. idc how much seperation they get if they dont have time to breath. look at chiefs in SB...no time...on top of amazing coverage on Kelce and Hill. well maybe not amazing i havent watched it in  breakdown. but live all i kept seeing were l david, barrett, and white...

stinks we need so much but I think we need to attack and mke at least one group studs. so either pass rush or o line or LBs. seems we invested in DB's and RB so tht could drop those picks to later rounds or next year. this is longe term. so maybe by year 3 we compete. id like to see a playoff spot but I dont expect one until year 4

As I said before, if I were forced to pick at #7 (assuming the top three QBs are gone), I'd take Micah Parsons.

1 minute ago, NFL_Fan said:

then just no way. 

Put him with an OC who isn't a dope, and he'll be one of the NFL's biggest mismatches and best red zone weapons.