Braves bring back Ozuna on a 4 yr deal w/ 5th yr team option

FalconFan13

26 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

What sorcery is this? Ozuna was a must re-sign imo. To get an amazing deal like this is nothing short of amazing.

Got to be something in the water. Braves have managed to get some truly astounding deals done with some incredible players.

You 100% right about this AA gets some really good deals at times.  Acuna, Ozzie, and Ozuna are great deals for the braves.   I also think Ozuna was a must resign for us unless we somehow got a elite player via trade but i feel if we did that we lose too many good prospects and still probably spend more than 16 mil we did for Ozuna. 

2021 - $12 million
2022 - $16 million
2023 - $18 million
2024 - $18 million
2025 - $16 million *Team Option ($1M buyout)

Thats the final numbers of the contract per year

So for this year alone we have Ozuna at 12, Acuna at 5, and Albies at 3.     20 mil total for our 3 of our top 5 hitters on the team. 

Edited by FalconFan13

2 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

You 100% right about this AA gets some really good deals at times.  Acuna, Ozzie, and Ozuna are great deals for the braves.   I also think Ozuna was a must resign for us unless we somehow got a elite player via trade but i feel if we did that we lose too many good prospects and still probably spend more than 16 mil we did for Ozuna. 

2021 - $12 million
2022 - $16 million
2023 - $18 million
2024 - $18 million
2025 - $16 million *Team Option ($1M buyout)

Thats the final numbers of the contract per year

So for this year alone we have Ozuna at 12, Acuna at 5, and Albies at 3.     20 mil total for our 3 of our top 5 hitters on the team. 

Obviously Acuna and Albies were voodoo, but Ozuna is the product of a horrendous market.