Best Wrestling Games All Time, Ranked

BayRaider

On 2/10/2021 at 2:14 PM, MWil23 said:

No one will ever convince me that WCW vs. NWO: REVENGE was anything but the best wrestling game ever.

No Mercy is essentially the same game, but with more polish and features.

But I guess if you preferred WCW over WWF, Revenge is the way to go.

55 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Another complaint about the game, if you’re gonna watch some matches as CPU vs CPU (I like being a GM in sports games), the A.I. in gimmick/hardcore type matches are dumb as rocks, and just treat it like a regular wrestling match. 

Did you buy WWE2K19 on console?     I have it on PS4, but I want to get it on PC because of all the mods.    However, it never goes on sale and its full price....despite being over 2 years old, and I cant justify paying $60 for a game that a) I already own and b) a game that, while good, is still pretty flawed.

9 minutes ago, 43M said:

Did you buy WWE2K19 on console?     I have it on PS4, but I want to get it on PC because of all the mods.    However, it never goes on sale and its full price....despite being over 2 years old, and I cant justify paying $60 for a game that a) I already own and b) a game that, while good, is still pretty flawed.

Xbox Series S.

• Like 1

Top Four should be

1.  WWF No Mercy
  2. Smackdown vs. Raw 2006
  3. WWE Shut your Mouth
  4. WWE Here comes the pain

My personal top 4

• WWF No Mercy
  • WWF Smackdown 2: Know your role
  • WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2006
  • Wrestle Kingdom 2/ King of Coliseum 2

The only thing the 2K games are good for is the customization. They could've been all-time great games if the gameplay didn't suck and everyone can kick out of 50 finishers. But I guess that's in line with today's wrestling, lol

Some of those earlier wrestling games were absolute classics.  I was a huge wrestling fan, so games like No Mercy, Shut Your Mouth, and Here Comes The Pain were among some of the first games I really got into playing a ton (along with WWF Attitude).  

I will say this.  While maybe overall it isn't one of the best, WWE 12 had by far the best and most usable online play.  I loved online and it is an absolute shame how every year since, the servers are horrendous and/or the match-making is broken.  Crazy because wrestling games have so much potential as far as online play, if they actually committed to it, between all the customization and whatnot.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I delivered papers in the winter of '99 to save up for a used Nintendo 64 and play Revenge, WrestleMania 2000, and No Mercy. Good times. I enjoyed all of those games and put God knows how many hours into them. Then I upgraded to a PS2 and had a blast with HTCP and SVR '06. Both were great games that ran smoothly and were easy to play. The later SVR titles had a steeper learning curve, but I got used to them too. I loved choosing all the wrestlers' entrance music and designing my own storylines (even though it took forever).

I lost interest in WWE in the late 2000s, and I'm just now catching up on some of the newer titles: WWE '13 and 2K15 to name a few. Yikes! Instead of improving on the SVR days they've changed developers, stripped down many of the interesting features, and overloaded the rosters with wrestlers who all feel the same. Controls are loose, laggy, and complicated. Your guy (or girl) handles like a dying car in a snowbank. Animations and facial models sometimes look worse than they did in the PS2 era. Backstage Assault was more fun than this. 😖

I'm trying out one more of the new entries (2K19 this time), but if that one sucks then I'm giving up and going back to the classics.

Edited by y*so*blu