Will the Eagles take a QB at #6?

TOUCAN

1 minute ago, ACO said:

I would hope they do but I am wondering if they wont because they have invested the past few drafts at receiver. They literally just used their 1st last year on one. Will they do it again this year? I have my doubts. We shall see though. It would be wise to surround Hurts with upgrades in talent but I can also see Howie convincing himself it was not the team especially when they came alive a bit with Hurts.

I can see defense at #6 but if they pass over Smith, Waddle or Chase sitting there.... sigh.

I could see them adding Pitts with Ertz gone or Rashawn Slater to that oline.

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

I definitelty can see Pitts or Slater too. If they go offense that seems more realistic than a WR to me. And Pitts would likely be your #1 target anyways.

The Eagles should trade the pick if they are not taking a QB. I think is crazy to take a WR at six, unless you have everything in place to make a run for the SB. I would hope someone would want a QB or a certain players like Chase or Pitts and move down.

I would be looking to add one of the LT and additional picks. Players to target, Rashawn Slater,  Christian Darrisaw,   Samuel Cosmi. than use the 2nd pick on a WR Kadarius Toney, Rondale Moore, Terrace Marshall Jr. and Elijah Moore.

With the additional picks, I assume would be in the 2nd RD. I would look at, Dylan Moses, Eric Stokes, Chazz Surratt and Asante Samuel Jr.

Follow up, Desean Jackson , T Owens, and Fred Barnett all 2/3 rd choices

Edited by m haynes

42 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I'm starting to see a lot of talk of Eagles / Pitts. I don't hate the move at all, but damn, I feel like I have to add to that offensive line at this point. I think Kelce is still talking of retiring as well, right? 

7 minutes ago, m haynes said:

The Eagles should trade the pick if they are not taking a QB. I think is crazy to take a WR at six, unless you have everything in place to make a run for the SB. I would hope someone would want a QB or a certain players like Chase or Pitts and move down.

I would be looking to add one of the LT and additional picks. Players to target, Rashawn Slater,  Christian Darrisaw,   Samuel Cosmi. than use the 2nd pick on a WR Kadarius Toney, Rondale Moore, Terrace Marshall Jr. and Elijah Moore.

With the additional picks, I assume would be in the 2nd RD. I would look at, Dylan Moses, Eric Stokes, Chazz Surratt and Asante Samuel Jr.

If one of the big three quarterbacks are there, #6 becomes a really interesting spot for a trade. Carolina clearly wants a QB, so they could easily give up a second rounder to get up to that spot and get their guy. I don't think the 9ers are going to move for a QB, but if they did, they likely would have to give up next years first to go from 12 to 6, and 12 is still a good spot for the Eagles while adding a first round pick next year (which you never know, could be pretty damn good if the 9er injury problems keep up) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'm starting to see a lot of talk of Eagles / Pitts. I don't hate the move at all, but damn, I feel like I have to add to that offensive line at this point. I think Kelce is still talking of retiring as well, right? 

Yeah I’d go Slater if I was them. Pitts is from philly so likely amps up some of the talk. 

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah Kelce might retire, it's a question every year.

We are fine at tackles. Mailata played pretty damn well all things considered in his first year of playing games really.
Then Dillard is still here and a question mark, which I think he might get moved. We need online help but moreso IOL and we don't need to draft that high.

Pitts is an interesting Idea. We have his OC as our QB coach now. Sirianni has shown that he likes the TE position and doing 12 personnel and we are trading Ertz. So we'd be one of the better places to actually use him well.
The cool thing with Pitts and even Goedert is you can essentially have one Personnel grouping and be able to do 11 or 12 with shifts/motions. Teams couldn't look at who is in the huddle and know what exactly was coming.

With Reagor/Pitts/Sanders/Goedert +whoever else they'd have with them they could go from a tight two TE set to an empty backfield 5 wide on back to back plays.

31 minutes ago, Forge said:

If one of the big three quarterbacks are there, #6 becomes a really interesting spot for a trade. Carolina clearly wants a QB, so they could easily give up a second rounder to get up to that spot and get their guy. I don't think the 9ers are going to move for a QB, but if they did, they likely would have to give up next years first to go from 12 to 6, and 12 is still a good spot for the Eagles while adding a first round pick next year (which you never know, could be pretty damn good if the 9er injury problems keep up) 

If Smith and Chase are gone along with Wilson...I do hope we trade down a bit. 
I think it helps a lot that the Bengals like never trade and the Falcons probably aren't going to want to help the Panthers out. 
The Panthers' best best would be to get to #3 and that'll cost a lot.

44 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Yeah I’d go Slater if I was them. Pitts is from philly so likely amps up some of the talk. 

Slater would offer versatility for the Eagles. I mean if Kelce retires he can play center. If the two options at LT don't work out he can play out there. If everything goes well he is probably an upgrade at LG for next season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Slater would offer versatility for the Eagles. I mean if Kelce retires he can play center. If the two options at LT don't work out he can play out there. If everything goes well he is probably an upgrade at LG for next season.

Yep his versatility would help them a lot

On 2/8/2021 at 1:03 AM, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

lollolol

stahhhhp

Foles doesnt know how to play football unless its on the eagles tho tbh sooo🤷‍♂️

He was 2-0 when the Chiefs needed him with a 100+ rating.

I would say that's knowing how to play football.

Foles played the 2, 4, 5, and 7 best DVOA defenses with the weak sauce Bears O (22/26 ranked)

He beat Tampa and he had NO in OT and dudes kept dropping balls in their hands.

Did he have 8-12 really ugly throws out of 300+, sure.

He was not great this year. He wasn't a joke either.

Feel free to pretend Trubisky against 31/31 Jacksonville, 27/30 Houston, and 32/32 D Detroit 2x was the better player this year.

Trubisky could not even score against Atlanta so Foles had to save his butt with a 16 point comeback in the 4th.

Edited by SkippyX

Bears rushing yards in Trubisky starts:

• 130 (Foles comeback)

That's 142.1 per game counting Trubiskys yards and 120.4 without Trubisky's yards.

• For comparison, Denver was 13th in the league at 119.9 yards.

Foles and Trubisky did not play on the same quality of team or against the same competition.