Can’t help but miss Jaire…

Kenny Clark playing worth every penny.

Amos too.

Kevin King ready to come play his best stretch of games being forced into #1 role.

Stokes looks like a 2-base hit of a draft pick already but rookie lumps.

Gary is gonna be worth a second contract.

Preston Smith can come asking for his money back next year.

Campbell playing like Ray Lewis if he didn’t have the motivation of running from a murder case.

Barnes clearly a better player than Burks, Summers. Jaylon Smith for depth and pass heavy times.

Savage showing all the reasons we drafted him but he’s still at square 2 out of 5 for putting it together.

Im not sure this defense will be able to hang against playoff caliber offenses until Jaire and Z return. If they get back for the last month we’ll see some real defense being played.

10 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yeah .. he's coming around a bit for sure.  I'd still be a bit more aggressive with bringing the heat.

Agreed.  King being hurt again (surprise) doesn't help and their secondary is starting to get awfully thin.  Some pressure to help them out would be a big piece of the puzzle.

The defense does look better. Maybe we need to be patient and allow baby steps to happen. Easier said than done. The next steps are eliminating explosive plays and improving in the red zone. It kind of makes sense that those would be the last things to evolve. If Barry can continue to be creative, they can overcome losing Z. The CB's were aggressive for most of the game and the pressures played hand in hand with that. Yesterday showed that pressure is everything. No way this thing was gonna turn the corner overnight, but dare I say there is a glimmer of light in the distance

11 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

Can’t help but miss Jaire…

Kenny Clark playing worth every penny.

Amos too.

Kevin King ready to come play his best stretch of games being forced into #1 role.

Stokes looks like a 2-base hit of a draft pick already but rookie lumps.

Gary is gonna be worth a second contract.

Preston Smith can come asking for his money back next year.

Campbell playing like Ray Lewis if he didn’t have the motivation of running from a murder case.

Barnes clearly a better player than Burks, Summers. Jaylon Smith for depth and pass heavy times.

Savage showing all the reasons we drafted him but he’s still at square 2 out of 5 for putting it together.

Im not sure this defense will be able to hang against playoff caliber offenses until Jaire and Z return. If they get back for the last month we’ll see some real defense being played.

agreed

but if we see Lowry keep up THAT play and Stokes and Savage turn those near misses into hits, keep up this attitude and get Jaire back (I'm writing off Z for the season. I have zero expectation he plays again for us) - we could have have a dynamic defense in January if we keep our blues healthy. And anything Jaylon adds is a bonus.

• Like 1

feels like Jaire coming back is very unlikely given the lack of optimism from coaches this week, and historical conservative approach from the medical staff.

They are gonna have to make it work with king, and then without king when he gets hurt.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2021 at 11:06 AM, skibrett15 said:

feels like Jaire coming back is very unlikely given the lack of optimism from coaches this week, and historical conservative approach from the medical staff.

They are gonna have to make it work with king, and then without king when he gets hurt.

Jaire will be back within 2 games. Market down.

How come nobody is talking about our top 5 pass defense and our top 10 overall defense.

We’re even top half in points given up. 

Yeah I KNOW red zone defense is terrible, but it can’t get worse. Maybe this week we get some stops. 

1 hour ago, Siman08/OH said:

How come nobody is talking about our top 5 pass defense and our top 10 overall defense.

Yeah I KNOW red zone defense is terrible, but it can’t get worse. Maybe this week we get some stops. 

Probably because they haven't faced any good offenses. CHI, DET, PIT and NO are among the leagues worst. SF has been mediocre. Only CIN is an above average unit. When they hold ARI under 30, then we can talk.   

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Siman08/OH said:

At least for me, scoring defense is all that matters. Not sure there is any other defensive stat that directly correlates to winning a trophy.  Also it will be interesting to see if ppg becomes less erratic. For example, if a defense holds the poor teams to 14 ppg but gives up 35 ppg to good teams, I'm not impressed

Edited by cannondale