Barry it is.....

Leader

Been a rough couple of weeks for Matt. Had enough coaching blunders against Tampa that even the homer GB media was questioning whether he should give up play-calling to focus on the larger aspects of being a HC. 

Now, he'll be scorned about these choices for DC and ST and eventually burned if they don't work out.

• Like 1

The best approach would be to hire Evero and bring Wade Phillips to be the senior defensive assistant. That would've solved any experience issues.

Of course that's if Wade even wants to come here.

Regardless, Barry wasn't going anywhere. LaFleur could've waited a bit longer to interview Tampa/Kansas coaches and allow himself the opportunity to make a more informed decision.

• Like 1

Tom Silverstein -  Big question with Barry is whether he will try to install the Vic Fangio-Brandon Staley system that led to the Rams being No. 1 in defense last year or he will lean on the Tampa 2 he grew up in under Monte Kiffin.  Packers are built to be a 3-4 team and Fangio system is 3-4.

Just now, Leader said:

Tom Silverstein -  Big question with Barry is whether he will try to install the Vic Fangio-Brandon Staley system that led to the Rams being No. 1 in defense last year or he will lean on the Tampa 2 he grew up in under Monte Kiffin.  Packers are built to be a 3-4 team and Fangio system is 3-4.

I'd rather he stick with what we have and be more aggressive than go to the Tampa 2 system that probably wouldn't work with this personnel...

...our luck he reverts back to Kiffin's dated system...

1 minute ago, Chili said:

The best approach would be to hire Evero and bring Wade Phillips to be the senior defensive assistant. That would've solved any experience issues. Of course that's if Wade even wants to come here. Regardless, Barry wasn't going anywhere. LaFleur could've waited a bit longer to interview Tampa/Kansas coaches and allow himself the opportunity to make a more informed decision.

This is what we get when we try to hire guys during Polar Vortex's!  :)

Hey - gonna hope for the best at this stage.

1 minute ago, Joe said:

Total Fail. We downgraded... He was trash with Detroit, he was trash with Washington. Should've hired the guy from Philly...

I'll say this. I'm not totally against going the "experience" route because as I said when we first started, the Packers are in "win now" mode so you could be taking a risk bringing in a guy who needs to learn how to be a good DC for the first 1-2 years (like MLF is learning to be a HC). So I don't necessarily fault MLF there.

My problem is, why in the hell would you pick Joe Barry out of the group of available guys with that "experience?"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

I'll say this. I'm not totally against going the "experience" route because as I said when we first started, the Packers are in "win now" mode so you could be taking a risk bringing in a guy who needs to learn how to be a good DC for the first 1-2 years (like MLF is learning to be a HC). So I don't necessarily fault MLF there.

My problem is, why in the hell would you pick Joe Barry out of the group of available guys with that "experience?"

and that's exactly my issue...