Barry it is.....

Leader

This article doesn't make him seem like a diamond of a choice:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/packers-hiring-joe-barry-next-222948976.html

Barry was the defensive coordinator in Detroit in 2007 and 2008. The Lions defense ranked last in yards and points allowed. With Berry as the defensive coordinator in 2015 and 2016, Washington ranked 17th and 19th in points allowed, respectively, and 28th in yards both seasons.

Of note, McVay has made outside hires at defensive coordinator with Barry on the staff each of the last two seasons.

10 minutes ago, Chili said:

She makes a good point though. We can and should do much better.

Chris Harris and Ejiro Evero were finalists and instead we chose the white retread with two failed coordinator opportunities.

Chris Harris has been the lead defensive backs coach in the NFL for a grand total of one year.

Evero has never been a head defensive backs coach in the NFL. He's only coached Safeties. 

If you have a rule saying that teams have to interview minority candidates, you don't get to ***** if they don't get hired. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Chris Harris has been the lead defensive backs coach in the NFL for a grand total of one year.

Evero has never been a head defensive backs coach in the NFL. He's only coached Safeties. 

If you have a rule saying that teams have to interview minority candidates, you don't get to ***** if they don't get hired. 

True they do lack experience but there has been countless examples of coaches working they way up the latter in record time. No reason why it cannot happen for them.

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I won't ever say bring back Pettine because I believe going somewhere else, but I'm getting ****ed in every orifice simultaneously by every aspect of my life and now I'm getting double ****ed in every orifice by Matt LaFleur. 

Just start the Fire Barry thread. I won't even lock it. Can't vouch for @CWood21 though.

• Like 1

Underwhelmed.  Still like to know what happened to Leonard....2 interviews, the second of which went on for several hours before Murphy showed up.....then he declines.  I can only figure it was a security issue in that the offered contract term was too short in length, too low in compensation (and Murphy is known for being cheap), or did not have an out in it if the Badgers Head Coaching job became available.

Edited by minnypackerfan

That’s why I said MILF still needs to prove he is great at hiring the assistant coaches other than O. 

He hired ST coach and he was fired. 

Now this looks bad hire as well. I so damn love Mcvay in the way he hire the assistsnt coaches. Is his x and o the true strength... No I believe his hiring of assistant coaches on all 3 ends of the ball is his best strength. 

Ofcourse he has a tremendous GM who supports with whatever he wants.