Saints facing discipline after breaking covid protocols

Forge

If you told me I had to bet money on which teams would be the worst at handling this stuff this year... it’d be the Saints and the Titans. 

Honestly throw the book at them if it was a big systematic issue with them that is well documented. And honestly the NFL should’ve just been up front about that as a threat. 

“If you decide to Be idiots and not take this seriously x amount of times...you are fined this much. X more times? This early pick. X more times? Suspension of the HC and players egregiously breaking the rules for a season.”

58 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

If you told me I had to bet money on which teams would be the worst at handling this stuff this year... it’d be the Saints and the Titans. 

Honestly throw the book at them if it was a big systematic issue with them that is well documented. And honestly the NFL should’ve just been up front about that as a threat. 

“If you decide to Be idiots and not take this seriously x amount of times...you are fined this much. X more times? This early pick. X more times? Suspension of the HC and players egregiously breaking the rules for a season.”

The Raiders were pretty atrocious at it as well. 

Anyone have a list of any punishments given to-date, if any? Until then, I can't even speculate about what happens here. 

Kamara is foolish if this is true.  This is what happens when the HC(Payton) leads by a bad example.  He has fined what 2 or 3 times for not following protocol and probably more than the league knows. But who knows...maybe Payton put a bounty out on COVID.

Seriously, how hard is it to wear a mask and other devices to keep your self, your family, and others safer while also helping to stop the spread? I just don't get it. 

I don't know about anyone else but I've adapted pretty well and it hasn't been a bother to me at all. It's became a way of life at this point. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Kamara is foolish if this is true.  This is what happens when the HC(Payton) leads by a bad example.  He has fined what 2 or 3 times for not following protocol and probably more than the league knows. But who knows...maybe Payton put a bounty out on COVID.

Seriously, how hard is it to wear a mask and other devices to keep your self, your family, and others safer while also helping to stop the spread? I just don't get it. 

I don't know about anyone else but I've adapted pretty well and it hasn't been a bother to me at all. It's became a way of life at this point. 

I’ll never be surprised by how childish and petulant pro athlete can act.

Joe Schmoe at the grocery store won’t wear a mask cause he’s a freedom fighter, imagine if those guys had millions in the bank telling them how important they were on top of that. 

I’d personally like to see the book thrown at Kamara, but SP should’ve done that already and might have to pay the piper for not taking that initiative.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dome said:

Joe Schmoe at the grocery store won’t wear a mask cause he’s a freedom fighter, imagine if those guys had millions in the bank telling them how important they were on top of that. 

I’d personally like to see the book thrown at Kamara, but SP should’ve done that already and might have to pay the piper for not taking that initiative.

Yeah, it’s just so arrogant.

Like so many people lost their job, people are missing important life events either because of fear of COVID or the actual result of COVID. Including just not being here anymore.

Contain it to New Orleans alone, how many stadium workers were out of a job? How many local businesses were hurt by not having that influx of business this fall from Saints’ games? How many more people have died because people like him thought they were special and made this last more than twice as long as it should?

Just seems like a continuation of Payton breeding a culture that the Saints are somehow above everyone. I think it’s helped them turn the franchise around from the laughing stalk it used to be, but it’s boiled over in so many ways to be a problem. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dome said:

Well, I'll put it this way. Masks serve a function. Beyond that function, they are nothing more than political propaganda.

As for Kamara, I'd rather see him punished personally than the team. He was operating on the league's dime and did not follow their  protocol. Make him pay the fine/suspension, not the team.

• Like 1