Saints facing discipline after breaking covid protocols

Forge

52 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah, it’s just so arrogant.

Like so many people lost their job, people are missing important life events either because of fear of COVID or the actual result of COVID. Including just not being here anymore.

Contain it to New Orleans alone, how many stadium workers were out of a job? How many local businesses were hurt by not having that influx of business this fall from Saints’ games? How many more people have died because people like him thought they were special and made this last more than twice as long as it should?

Just seems like a continuation of Payton breeding a culture that the Saints are somehow above everyone. I think it’s helped them turn the franchise around from the laughing stalk it used to be, but it’s boiled over in so many ways to be a problem. 

It hit us hard here, especially in the entertainment/bar/restaurant industry, which was one of the cash cows to begin with. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

It hit us hard here, especially in the entertainment/bar/restaurant industry, which was one of the cash cows to begin with. 

I can only imagine

My sister moved down to the region a year or two ago, so I’ve been down there a couple times. It’s an awesome place to be, but that whole entertainment/food part of the city can’t operate safely at all during this.

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Well, I'll put it this way. Masks serve a function. Beyond that function, they are nothing more than political propaganda.

As for Kamara, I'd rather see him punished personally than the team. He was operating on the league's dime and did not follow their  protocol. Make him pay the fine/suspension, not the team.

If it was just Kamara, yes.  But the team also failed to force him to follow the protocols.

Second round pick, plus lose that $24 mill cap space they just got for the Brees renegotiation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Well, I'll put it this way. Masks serve a function. Beyond that function, they are nothing more than political propaganda.

As for Kamara, I'd rather see him punished personally than the team. He was operating on the league's dime and did not follow their  protocol. Make him pay the fine/suspension, not the team.

Taking basic measures to limit the spread of an airborne virus is neither politics nor propaganda. Let's not go down that dead-end road on a football forum.

Payton should have put his foot down for the good of the team. Instead he set a bad example, implying that star players like Kamara could just ignore league protocol for months if they felt like it. Goodell should hold both the player and the coach responsible. But, knowing him, he will make a decision that fails to satisfy anybody. 

Edited by y*so*blu
  • Like 2

I remember commenting in one of the GTDs about how careless Kamara seemed on the sidelines. He didn't care to put half a mask on, and was literally chatting with people face to face. Not sure how the NFL didn't catch this when they knew what the Raiders were doing in their sleep.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Leonardo Dicaprio Calvin Candie GIF by Giphy QA

Masks serve a function. Beyond that function, they are nothing more than political propaganda

catch me if you can GIF

Masks serve a function.

GIF by Golden Globes

Beyond that function, they are nothing more than political propaganda.

catch me if you can GIF

Beyond that function

Leonardo Dicaprio GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

they are nothing more than political propaganda

leonardo dicaprio mental illness GIF

political propaganda

leonardo dicaprio GIF

• Like 16

5 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

Taking basic measures to limit the spread of an airborne virus is neither politics nor propaganda. Let's not go down that dead-end road on a football forum.

Payton should have put his foot down for the good of the team. Instead he set a bad example, implying that star players like Kamara could just ignore league protocol for months if they felt like it. Goodell should hold both the player and the coach responsible. But, knowing him, he will make a decision that fails to satisfy anybody. 

There is no disagreement here.