NFL Honors Discussion

Nick_gb

16 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I dont get it. What are the voters looking at. Honestly, I just want to know why. What is their rationale of keeping him out. The guy who was the team captain of the 'Orange Crush' defense is NOT in the NFL hall of fame. 

Its just.........baffling 

It's probably been so long since players like Gradishar played, and having not win a ring, that it's difficult to remember their impact unless you were a longtime beat writer from Denver. Urchaler played in an era where he was on television a lot, and in the media a lot more compared to someone from the 1970's. Also having just played about a decade ago, someone like that will have had a huge advantage. I don't think it's fair as Gradishar should have been in years ago. Same with Mecklinburg. Also sad to say, media market plays a role to a degree. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, warfelg said:

Like stated, I'm not upset with AD winning it.  More a little annoyed at the changing criteria.  And it's all voters for all awards in all sports.  One year one thing matters, next year a different thing matters.

And again like stated, I think if you are going off just pure best defensive player gets DPOY irregardless of stats, it's hands down AD year in and year out no argument at all.  He's always going to be top 3 consideration as long as he's in his prime.  Basically I want voters to decide is stats or impact more important and stick to it.

When you say AD I think of Adrian "All Day" Peterson, not Donald.

17 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Etl0LKEUYAELsLX?format=jpg&name=large

Etl0LBgUUAA_iHI?format=jpg&name=large

@BlaqOptic look me

dead in the eye and tell me Watt deserved it. I’ll cash app you 20$

right now. If you’re serious. Come on G. Come on big dawg. 

TJ will have like 5 sacks if he saw all those double teams. Lets Keep it real .. No one in this planet can do what Donald does year in and out. TJ needed to have 18-22 sacks to get that DPOY. The double team % just has too much weight... 

I'll look you damn dead in the eye. You wanna use Google Meets or Zoom? It's almost like the 160+ coverage snaps for Watt negate the 20 to 40 les double team snaps he wouldn't get in comparison to his counterparts that line up at the Edge position.

16 hours ago, El Ramster said:

It’ll be like ignoring the double teams. The Steelers Dline is simply superior to the rams. The Steelers depth allows for massive 1 v 1s. While Donald is the creator for 1 on 1s. Teams aren’t dying to double Watt. They have to worry about Hayward, Dupree, Tuitt and Watt.. You have a force multiplier and then you have Watt. It’s pretty simple yet you’re really Trying to make this a debate... Fowler, Quinn and Floyd have had career years off the back of Donald and those guys don’t produce to that level once they leave... It’s not a debate whose better or who makes those around them better.. 

Yeah, it's no coincidence that Dupree, Heyward, and Tuitt all had career years after Watt joined Pittsburgh. It's no coincidence that their record breaking sack streak coincides with Watt being drafted. To insinuate that Watt doesn't make the Steelers Defense despite his teammates literally verbally saying so on every opportunity and making him the 2x Team MVP is foolishness. You think Donald should've won it? Fine. But this is a trash argument. Absolutely trash.

11 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Yeah, it's no coincidence that Dupree, Heyward, and Tuitt all had career years after Watt joined Pittsburgh. It's no coincidence that their record breaking sack streak coincides with Watt being drafted. To insinuate that Watt doesn't make the Steelers Defense despite his teammates literally verbally saying so on every opportunity and making him the 2x Team MVP is foolishness. You think Donald should've won it? Fine. But this is a trash argument. Absolutely trash.

Yeah right. Y’all got blown out at home lolz at least the rams had major injuries vs Packers. Y’all got the doors blown out by your team MVP lmao. Team MVP really? Lmao. 

3 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Same thing with Charles Woodson. Like dudes a Raider but the packer FB/IG was all over him lolz just weird tbh. 

Both stops were equally significant to his career - 4 time all pro, 2 each in GB and w/Raiders; SB ring in GB, DPOY in GB, 38 of 65 career ints, 11.5 of 20 sacks, and 10 of his 13 career tds came while he was playing w/GB. 

I'd argue he has a Hall of Very Good career track with the Raiders. He cinches HoF in GB.