NFL Honors Discussion

Nick_gb

27 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

I literally am. It's almost like you're selectively reading. I literally pointed out in my initial post that the same voters didn't apply the same that the "double team + production" argument for Stephon Tuitt for All-Pro voting. There was a 12% difference between Donald and Tuitt in Double Team Rate which amounts to about 120 snaps. Tuitt played 60 less snaps than Donald on the season, however, and had a mere 2.5 Sacks, 4 TFL, 9 Pressures and 3 QB Hits less than Donald. My point has been stated previously; in comparing the gap between Donald's production and other tgreat IDL this year (Jones, Tuitt, Buckner) the gap is not as big as Watt in comparison to his contemporaries (Hendrickson, Garrett, Barrett, Smith, Reddick, etc) even when factoring in their Double Team rates vs the average for their position...

There were two spots for IDL. Donald got one and Buckner got the other one. Whether Tuitt should’ve gotten that one I don’t really care, but let’s say for the sake of argument he should’ve gotten the other spot ahead of Buckner. Donald was double more than anybody in the league but more important he had by far the highest win rate in the league in that aspect like not even close. So those Tuitt numbers you’re comparing to Donald can’t be extrapolated as you think. Donald had the best production of any DT yet got most the attention and succeeded the most within that attention far better than anybody else 

• Like 1

Etl0LKEUYAELsLX?format=jpg&name=large

Etl0LBgUUAA_iHI?format=jpg&name=large

@BlaqOptic look me

dead in the eye and tell me Watt deserved it. I’ll cash app you 20$

right now. If you’re serious. Come on G. Come on big dawg. 

TJ will have like 5 sacks if he saw all those double teams. Lets Keep it real .. No one in this planet can do what Donald does year in and out. TJ needed to have 18-22 sacks to get that DPOY. The double team % just has too much weight... 

Edited by El Ramster

10 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Continually talking about the pass rush stuff ignored TJ was also statistically one of the better coverage LBs too. 

TJ deserved the award but Donald did too.

When its close sometimes the humans voting for the award go with the standard pick.

I would have gone with TJ but it was close.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Continually talking about the pass rush stuff ignored TJ was also statistically one of the better coverage LBs too. 

It’ll be like ignoring the double teams. The Steelers Dline is simply superior to the rams. The Steelers depth allows for massive 1 v 1s. While Donald is the creator for 1 on 1s. Teams aren’t dying to double Watt. They have to worry about Hayward, Dupree, Tuitt and Watt.. You have a force multiplier and then you have Watt. It’s pretty simple yet you’re really Trying to make this a debate... Fowler, Quinn and Floyd have had career years off the back of Donald and those guys don’t produce to that level once they leave... It’s not a debate whose better or who makes those around them better.. 

Edited by El Ramster

12 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

TJ deserved the award but Donald did too.

When its close sometimes the humans voting for the award go with the standard pick.

I would have gone with TJ but it was close.

I also wonder when the voting is done? Because as you say, they're humans - so while it's a regular season award, you saw the Steelers get embarrassed and then a sneak peak at the Rams d with Donald injured against the Packers.

Probably didn't help TJ that our d finished first in points and yards.

I agree that both deserved it and I thought TJ was going to get it.

• Like 1

We all forget. Look at all the haters.. Force multiplier. 

Who can turn these “bums” into high paid players. Only da gawd. 

@KhanYouDigIt drop me my likes. That 3-13 comment was hideous and should be reported. 

@ttitansfan4life How was Vic Beasley for y’all?

@GOGRIESEGood at everything besides getting sacks. 

@J-ALL-DAYall sus comments. Put some respeck on that mans name. 

Sheeesh. 

• Like 1