The Falcon and The Winter Soldier - March 16th

Deadpulse

12 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm pretty sure I am now at a point where the MCU is oversaturated and there's too much.

This is too much.

Then don't watch.  Plenty of people, myself included are excited for it.  You may not want an even bigger expanded universe for the MCU, but I do. 

This isn't going to be the mind **** stuff that WandaVision is doing great at, but a lot closer to the action thriller that Winter Soldier was, with i'm guessing smaller stakes.  I think we get a lot of character development for both Bucky and Sam in this.

38de9ea933036b54871fe1fe61cc87c0.gif

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm pretty sure I am now at a point where the MCU is oversaturated and there's too much.

This is too much.

Disney has to fill the void since they are utterly incapable of creative originality anymore, and the Marvel stuff is safe from a fiscal standpoint.

You may be sick of it, but you may as well get used to it.

15 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Then don't watch.  Plenty of people, myself included are excited for it.  You may not want an even bigger expanded universe for the MCU, but I do. 

This isn't going to be the mind **** stuff that WandaVision is doing great at, but a lot closer to the action thriller that Winter Soldier was, with i'm guessing smaller stakes.  I think we get a lot of character development for both Bucky and Sam in this.

38de9ea933036b54871fe1fe61cc87c0.gif

Pew pew shots fired.

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Definitely going to watch it at this point. I have lower expectations than WandaVision, but it's a different type of show.

WandaVision actually got me more hyped for something more "traditional" MCU. Plus this sneak peak scene dashed my chemistry recreation concerns:

3 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I hope there is a big reveal at the end that ties into a future MCU film. 

I don't need a big reveal. Im sure there will be tie ins and it will have an effect on the greater MCU in some way but I actually prefer what WandaVision did, told a self contained story that could lend itself to next steps in the greater MCU but only gave us small nuggets/teases of it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I don't need a big reveal. Im sure there will be tie ins and it will have an effect on the greater MCU in some way but I actually prefer what WandaVision did, told a self contained story that could lend itself to next steps in the greater MCU but only gave us small nuggets/teases of it. 

Agreed, just keep giving us great storytelling.  If you were pitched Wandavision as a meta take on processing grief, almost no one would be in right away, but they told the hell out of that story, and it's one of the better things the MCU has done.  I had Wandavision at 10 of 24 in my initial rankings, but I think it might move higher.  Because it just tells a damn good story about something at it's core, people can relate to.

For Falcon and the Winter Soldier, I want to see something in the same vein as CA:TWS in it should be an action packed suspense thriller type of show.  I'm sure we'll get some buddy/cop type comedy between Bucky and Sam, but it's going to have a fairly serious tone.

38 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Yeah, I wouldn't be devastated by it. I got caught up in the hype train for WandaVision a bit too much, and ended up being disappointed at the end without some big tie-in. With this next series I've dialed back my excitement. That being said, I'm still hoping since Kevin Fiege made it a point that these series were going to connect to the bigger films. If not, ok. Black Widow is supposed to arrive at the end of April. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe