The Falcon and The Winter Soldier - March 16th

Deadpulse

Just now, Xenos said:

There were definitely clues in the movies why Steve chose Sam to replace him. For example, Sam reaching out to Steve in WS and getting him to come to the VA meetings. Sam, in general, having more empathy because he worked with soldiers transitioning to normal. I feel that this series just further reinforced what we knew about him.

Part of my issue was that he wasn’t a super solider. I get that CA is mostly about character and not physical strength. But with what we had seen from Sam I wouldn’t buy him as being able to hold his own shading more powerful enemies. 

18 minutes ago, Xenos said:

There were definitely clues in the movies why Steve chose Sam to replace him. For example, Sam reaching out to Steve in WS and getting him to come to the VA meetings. Sam, in general, having more empathy because he worked with soldiers transitioning to normal. I feel that this series just further reinforced what we knew about him.

The fact that Steve started counselling during the blip shows how much he respect what Sam was doing. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Part of my issue was that he wasn’t a super solider. I get that CA is mostly about character and not physical strength. But with what we had seen from Sam I wouldn’t buy him as being able to hold his own shading more powerful enemies. 

I get the super soldier argument to an extent. But with the right tech, there’s no reason Sam couldn’t hold his own especially in the confines of the CA world. Obviously when there are more powerful foes involved like Loki or Thanos than not even being a super soldier would help.

I will say, as much as I really liked this episode, I think the pacing was a tiny bit off. So was the use of space; it felt like they were walking a circle the entire episode. That said, the dialogue was good, the themes were very much front and center and approached in a really good way, and the acting was good. Daniel Bruehl is a fantastic actor. Stan's opening scene was great (I liked how they subverted the standard "white savior" trope with Bucky).

I like this more than Wandavision. Wandavision to me was a lottery ticket; it was fun to imagine what could happen, but ultimately the actual result was just eh. Even if we just focus on the themes of dealing with loss, recovery, depression, etc, I think this show is doing a better job with those. 

• Like 2

so I’m hearing there is going to be a big name attached to the next episode and we were given some hints as to who it could be

-is an Comics character

-will not appear in any future marvel productions

-has not appeared in the mcu yet

im going to assume this character is going to be the power broker, right?

5 hours ago, Manny/Patrick said:

so I’m hearing there is going to be a big name attached to the next episode and we were given some hints as to who it could be

-is an Comics character

-will not appear in any future marvel productions

-has not appeared in the mcu yet

im going to assume this character is going to be the power broker, right?

Seems to be pointing that way, though that character seems like an easy one to have go further into other things as a catchall type of villain.

Could be Sam's dad or mom in a flash back or something like that too.  (though that's stretching the first point a bit)

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Seems to be pointing that way, though that character seems like an easy one to have go further into other things as a catchall type of villain.

Could be Sam's dad or mom in a flash back or something like that too.  (though that's stretching the first point a bit)

My dream is Vincent D’onofrio reprising his role as kingpin, and the Netflix series isn’t canon so it checks all the boxes

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Manny/Patrick said:

My dream is Vincent D’onofrio reprising his role as kingpin, and the Netflix series isn’t canon so it checks all the boxes

Man I hope he comes back at some point.

Like now that all the Netflix deals reverted I hope they just do a new season or use Charlie Cox somehow.

• Like 1