The Falcon and The Winter Soldier - March 16th

Deadpulse

Never posted my thoughts from Friday.

I loved the buildup to Walker taking the serum, and the shot of him and the bloody shield at the end.  

There was some footage of Sam practicing with the shield before the season, and i think we're going to see him in possession of that shield by the end of this next episode (it'd be kind of lame if that didn't happen until ep 6, and we barely get to see him using it).  Curious if it'll be taken by force, or the gov strips Walker of title because of the public incident.  

Also, i'd love for D'Onofrio to come back too.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Hoping the last two episodes are at least 50 minutes like episode 4. Even then, I still feel like that's not enough time to wrap up certain aspects of the show. 

I won't be shocked if both push an hour, maybe over for the finale.

On 4/14/2021 at 12:11 PM, theJ said:

Never posted my thoughts from Friday.

I loved the buildup to Walker taking the serum, and the shot of him and the bloody shield at the end.  

There was some footage of Sam practicing with the shield before the season, and i think we're going to see him in possession of that shield by the end of this next episode (it'd be kind of lame if that didn't happen until ep 6, and we barely get to see him using it).  Curious if it'll be taken by force, or the gov strips Walker of title because of the public incident.  

Also, i'd love for D'Onofrio to come back too.

It would make too much for sense, Kingpin

Maybe Norman Osborn

I bet the power broker is Sharon, or maybe it’s Ralph’s cousin

Jack Mehoff

16 hours ago, Manny/Patrick said:

It would make too much for sense, Kingpin

Maybe Norman Osborn

I bet the power broker is Sharon, or maybe it’s Ralph’s cousin

Jack Mehoff

Ah...the infamous Jack Mehoff. There's no beating around the bush with that guy.

Apparently the person who cameoed is actually setting up a bunch of stuff, contrary to that report, and already will be in something else this year. 

Spoiler

Julia Louise-Dreyfus as Contessa Valentina Allegra de Fontaine, was supposed to debut in Black Widow. 

The character was a SHIELD agent and love interest of Nick Fury. But has been apart of various shady organizations like the Russian group Leviathan, she also was one of the people to go by Madame Hydra. 

Could also be the real Power Broker? Maybe?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

What an incredible episode. Classic action movie training montage. 

I thought it'd be an action packed, Flag Smasher/Walker hunting episode, and it ended up being very much different and somehow better than what I was expecting.  The opening sequence was about what I expected half the episode to be, but they pulled that off well.  I really liked how they got to the nitty gritty of what it means to be Captain America and why people see it differently, and Sam's take on it towards the end brought it all together.  Very well done.

The cameo is yet another masterstroke for the MCU in terms of casting and will absolutely be involved going forward.

About the only thing I didn't really care for was at the end of the episode.  A room full of those people would be more heavily guarded than the White House, and yet one security dude can apparently undermine all that?  Sloppy, but i'm willing to role with it for the story.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I thought it'd be an action packed, Flag Smasher/Walker hunting episode, and it ended up being very much different and somehow better than what I was expecting.  The opening sequence was about what I expected half the episode to be, but they pulled that off well.  I really liked how they got to the nitty gritty of what it means to be Captain America and why people see it differently, and Sam's take on it towards the end brought it all together.  Very well done.

The cameo is yet another masterstroke for the MCU in terms of casting and will absolutely be involved going forward.

About the only thing I didn't really care for was at the end of the episode.  A room full of those people would be more heavily guarded than the White House, and yet one security dude can apparently undermine all that?  Sloppy, but i'm willing to role with it for the story.

They really did a great job building Sam’s journey up.

Maybe I said it here before, but they could’ve just handed him the shield and majority of people would’ve just rolled with it.

But to have him reject it and go through this journey, get to see the obvious choice (an almost identical looking soldier with multiple Medals of Honor) fail so hard and learn the complicated history of what came before him with Isaiah...who clearly helped Sam by actually voicing the doubt he’d carried, which it seems help disarm the fear of it all.

Like going back to what Erskine told Steve, “be a good man”. I think Sam found his peace at just being a good man trying to do the right thing, being compassionate and realizing that is enough to go on. He’s not Steve Rogers because no one else is, and that’s ok.

Yeah that casting was great.

I think the only thing is the pacing and tone of this show really jumps. I think over time they’ll iron things out for tv. Like you think of this as one movie there isn’t an issue. As a show it was weird to go back to a lot of episode 1 for tone and pacing after the last couple. Not. A huge gripe, I’m just happy to have these 

• Like 1

Thought this episode was mediocre, but I did enjoy the beginning (besides Bucky being hella nerfed). Entire series has felt super meh to me, almost to the edge of boredom. I guess it’s that nothing about it has really reached out and grabbed my attention and the story feels convoluted with so many new character introductions and old reintroductions. Hopefully the finale is a banger

• Like 1