The Falcon and The Winter Soldier - March 16th

Deadpulse

7 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

Maybe it's the Mandarin? Drop the Shang-Chi trailer this week, introduce the Mandarin as the power broker in the finale?

yeah I hadn't really thought of it until the the trailer dropped. But would check out.

The only thing is the Mandarin hasn't seemed shy with the ten rings logo and we haven't really seen that anywhere. But if he has taken many names and titles over the long time he's been alive, and Power Broker is just the newest one...it'd make sense.

Madripoor does seem to be a location in Shang-Chi.

Reading comments on social media from people that don't realize that this show is about Sam's journey to becoming Captain America and Bucky's journey to reclaim his life after The Winter Soldier are hilarious.  Much in the same way that WandaVision was about Wanda processing all the trauma she had received post Age of Ultron and becoming the Scarlet Witch.  Plus the return of Vision, although not the same Vision, at least not all of him without the Mind stone.

It's pretty clear these shows are about moving characters forward so that when they appear in the next big team up movies, that work has already been done and fleshed out and not rushed.  It's a brilliant strategy, and one that is going to pay serious dividends for the movies and a catalyst for expanding Disney+.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Reading comments on social media from people that don't realize that this show is about Sam's journey to becoming Captain America

And also about the racial undertones that accompany it. It is soooooo well done without being explicit with it. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

And also about the racial undertones that accompany it. It is soooooo well done without being explicit with it. 

Yeah it was my favorite surprise that they were willing to go there, even if it was a little kids gloves.

It was a spot on commentary on the real world. Like if it was the real world and Sam just had the shield, said call me Captain America....just imagine the political/cultural talking heads and the comments that would happen. A sect of people would get so pissy about it and it would take time to get people to accept it / think of him that way.

I hope they keep with exploring touchier subjects where it works like this. 

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah it was my favorite surprise that they were willing to go there, even if it was a little kids gloves.

It was a spot on commentary on the real world. Like if it was the real world and Sam just had the shield, said call me Captain America....just imagine the political/cultural talking heads and the comments that would happen. A sect of people would get so pissy about it and it would take time to get people to accept it / think of him that way.

I hope they keep with exploring touchier subjects where it works like this. 

I can't even imagine the fall out. When he took over in the comics there was a decent amount of outrage

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

I can't even imagine the fall out. When he took over in the comics there was a decent amount of outrage

Yeah that’s a good point, we did kinda see it. That was around the same time as Lady Thor too right? People were so angry and it seems like a lot of new characters actually stuck their landing as far as being interesting new stories.

If it was real life there’s a lot of YouTube news people that would be so so about the new cap, until Sam came around then it’d be “John Walker is a national hero and did nothing wrong.” And just a bunch of #NotmyCap campaigns.

7 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah that’s a good point, we did kinda see it. That was around the same time as Lady Thor too right? People were so angry and it seems like a lot of new characters actually stuck their landing as far as being interesting new stories.

If it was real life there’s a lot of YouTube news people that would be so so about the new cap, until Sam came around then it’d be “John Walker is a national hero and did nothing wrong.” And just a bunch of #NotmyCap campaigns.

Lady Thor came out like a month later. Both were part of the same Marvel soft reboot in 2014

Man, some GoT season 8 level pacing in this one huh? Felt like this could be two episodes at times.

Whats in the box spoilers:

Spoiler

New suit is nice...love all the seamless gadgets and uses of the new vibranium wings. 

Talk more about it later

Episode is out, so SPOILERS BEWARE!!!  .....

• Great speech from Sam on national TV.  Gotta have the hella good speeches if you are Cap
  • I liked the Walker redemptive arc, but still a lot of the same guy.  Good to see him make a right choice when it mattered.
  • I hope they can make the Sharon Carter as the Power Broker work.  I thought about it before, but it seemed kind of a weak angle.  I hope in her next appearance we get to see some straight up ruthlessness from her, moreso than we got in this episode.
  • The Isaiah Bradley storyline wrapped up nicely.  I'd be on board for a prequel miniseries.  I doubt it ever happens though as it can't really have a satisfactory ending, because we just got his satisfactory ending.
  • Zemo still orchestrating events from behind bars is a nice touch, we'll obviously see him again.  The MCU is going to end up with a better Suicide Squad that whatever the hell it is WB is trying to do.
  • The new Cap suit looks great, I was curious how well it would translate and they nailed it.
  • Flag smashers were a pretty weak villain, but they were never really the point, just the macguffin to get Sam talking about what they wanted him to talk about.
  • Bucky's arc was great in this show.  I wish the final title line would have been Captain America and Bucky Barnes as opposed to still referring to him as The Winter Soldier.  It would have much better represented the metamorphosis that both underwent during the show.
  • Mackie and Stan really do have great chemistry together on screen.  Hopefully we get a pretty good dose of it in the next phase or two of the MCU.
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Series was alright, could have been better.

Who is Sharon Carter? A Skrull, a hypnotized hydra agent, just bad for some unknown reason,

She was a SHIELD agent introduced in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and then became wanted when she aided helped Steve Rogers and team escape in Civil War (she's in both movies).  As said in this series, once on the run she fled to Madripoor since no extradition treaty with the US and has apparently become an underworld figure there using her skills and knowledge of the US government.  We are led to believe she consolidated power as The Power Broker behind the scenes while maintaining a more public life as a stolen art dealer.

41 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

She was a SHIELD agent introduced in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and then became wanted when she aided helped Steve Rogers and team escape in Civil War (she's in both movies).  As said in this series, once on the run she fled to Madripoor since no extradition treaty with the US and has apparently become an underworld figure there using her skills and knowledge of the US government.  We are led to believe she consolidated power as The Power Broker behind the scenes while maintaining a more public life as a stolen art dealer.

Yes, I know her history, but there’s clearly  something more. Why is she leading a criminal organization all of a sudden. There’s more to her story than her just becoming a corrupt former agent. What are her new motives?