The Falcon and The Winter Soldier - March 16th

Deadpulse

1 hour ago, D82 said:

don't have a problem with Sam as Captain America. My main issue lies in the fact that he doesn't have the serum...so I mean he's going to be out of his element against some of the more heavy hitters that they'll likely face down the road. 

I guess I just don't understand Sharon suddenly turning evil. Nothing about her character in previous appearances hinted at that at all. And I get her maybe harboring some ill-will after helping Steve out...but...a full on switch to criminal mastermind? Just didn't fit. Unless she's a Skrull...otherwise it just doesn't add up.

It’ll be tough but the suit seems pretty capable, he could turn into more of a leading strategist (like Tony flying around assessing stuff) instead of be Steve on the front lines all the time.

The Sharon stuff was puzzling. Skrull makes sense, but maybe she did just go bad or is doing a deep undercover thing for Fury. It was t done very well whatever they were trying to do.

2 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Wow, so they're really making Sharon Carter a full on witch. K. 

BTW it was lame she turned out to be the Power Broker. I was pretty disappointed. This show peaked at episode 4, and had a steady decline. I guess Julia Louise Dreyfus was our main cameo, but that didn't really move the needle for me. Was hoping for a hint at a heavy hitter towards the end. 

I have mixed feelings on Sam as Captain America. I'm black myself, and thought it was cooler when he was just The Falcon. Not interested in hand-me-downs, and how now it's an entire circus regarding his race. Also, Sam telling the senator "We shouldn't call them terrorists" or whatever was ******* stupid. Those yahoos literally bombed and killed innocent people. They're terrorists. 

And I guess we won't get a definitive answer regarding Steve Rogers whether he's still alive or dead. Guess I'll let Marvel slide on that one since later down the line they might want to bring him back in some capacity. 

Bradley had a good story, and the museum statue was a nice touch, but when I think of it further if I was in his place...I dunno, I feel like if I was tortured, exploited, imprisoned and erased by an institution I wouldn't feel better about it if they put up an "appreciate it" statue of me, and charged money to get people to see it while I'm still stuck in my tuna can house in an overpoliced neighborhood.

I know it seems like I focused too much on the negative. There were aspects of the show I liked and it seemed like the series was really getting better after episode 4. It just didn't stick the landing like I had hoped. I do want to see more of US Agent, as I thought he made a good anti-hero. Batroc the Leaper made a good henchman. Zemo was SO good in this show, and it was hilarious seeing him kill 4 people by proxy and then just happily go to sleep. Madripoor will be coming back in Shang Chi so that's awesome. 

I guess I though Sam worked well as CA. Don’t see it as a hand me down either. I thought episode 5 was also great. But yeah this finale was kind of a letdown.

Show was pretty unspectacular. Falcon’s speech with politicians wasn’t bad. But altogether it all kinda felt like a waste of time. New cap didn’t need a redemption. The baddies were kinda lame. I couldn’t have cared less about Bucky and falcon before this and I still don’t care for Bucky but falcon is more ok now. I feel nothing when hearing about Cap America 4 happening 

• Like 1

Wasn't great. Karli and her group somehow veered back and forth between boring and really hateable. Zemo was underutilized big time. Sam's arc/relationship with Isaiah is pretty much what kept me going. Giving us a real reason to support Sam as Cap and then ending with the sweet monument was awesome stuff. John Walker was cool too. Everything else was meh or worse.

Edited by Bullet Club
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

- Sharon Carter being the power broker sucks. I kept hoping at the end of the post credit scene she was reporting to someone else, as in she's working for someone more powerful. As of now it looks like she's the powerbroker. So when Zemo earlier mentioned he had met the powerbroker (and stated it was a he) I guess he met an alias? Also, how did Carter get all that power after being on the run? Not loving that aspect either.

More evidence of her being a Skrull?  Or can they only take on one alternate appearance?

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Show was pretty unspectacular. Falcon’s speech with politicians wasn’t bad. But altogether it all kinda felt like a waste of time. New cap didn’t need a redemption. The baddies were kinda lame. I couldn’t have cared less about Bucky and falcon before this and I still don’t care for Bucky but falcon is more ok now. I feel nothing when hearing about Cap America 4 happening 

I like Bucky...but felt he was nerfed in this severely. No way should he have needed Sam's help in defeating Walker.

• Like 1

If you're Skrull Sharon, why would you need to even use that Agents of Shield face changing tech. It would be beneath you. I think Matt Spellman and friends just figured that Sharon Carter wasn't that big of a deal that folks wouldn't care if she completely, albeit inexplicably turned evil. I'm praying she's in deep, deep cover or a Skrull, but I'm guessing I'm going to be let down. Aye :(

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

15 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

If you're Skrull Sharon, why would you need to even use that Agents of Shield face changing tech. It would be beneath you. I think Matt Spellman and friends just figured that Sharon Carter wasn't that big of a deal that folks wouldn't care if she completely, albeit inexplicably turned evil. I'm praying she's in deep, deep cover or a Skrull, but I'm guessing I'm going to be let down. Aye :(

It's a really good point, she wouldn't need to get this stuff....unless the whole point is to destroy the tech to stop as much resistance as they can.

Or they are like a splinter group of skrulls with little resources and looking to manipulate desperate people into doing their bidding.

Yeah I think you could be right, she was a flat character every time we've seen her. They at least tried a different take for her I guess.

She could be any number of things, but it does seem like this is pointing at Armor Wars a lot too. Taking Stark tech and giving it out, Rhodey and RiRi (I think her show is first) having to deal with that situation.

I enjoyed it for what it was with all the editing and story line stuff they had to change because of Covid. I don't think Sharon is the Powerbroker. Working for him/her sure but not the powerbroker. It was a story building show to future things.

On 4/24/2021 at 11:22 AM, D82 said:

I like Bucky...but felt he was nerfed in this severely. No way should he have needed Sam's help in defeating Walker.

It made perfect sense to me why Bucky had problems with John Walker in that moment. Bucky would probably get beat down if he ever met his past self as Winter Soldier.

-Loved seeing Sam shine as Cap but that speech was waaayyy too long. 

-Bucky was so nerfed.  He didn’t need to be WS to wipe the floor with Walker much less the Flag Smashers.

-Either Sharon is a Skrull or they totally screwed up her character. The former has gotta be it bcuz she was even walking different in her last scene.  

-Sam & Bucky becoming homies by the end was awesome. 

• Like 1

On 4/24/2021 at 12:42 PM, dtait93 said:

After sleeping on it I would give the series in it’s totality a 3.5/10

I gave up after the first 2 episodes. I was underwhelmed with WandaVision so I didn't give this a lot of rope. I thought the first two episodes stunk, and I'm glad I didn't finish. I think I have finally reached full saturation for Marvel. I think Star Wars will soon follow.