The Falcon and The Winter Soldier - March 16th

Deadpulse

3 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Black Widow is supposed to arrive at the end of April. 

super curious how this flick will fit in with everything. I know rumor was that Yelena was going to be a future piece in the MCU, I was a little hopeful she might have a small role in FatWS

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

super curious how this flick will fit in with everything. I know rumor was that Yelena was going to be a future piece in the MCU, I was a little hopeful she might have a small role in FatWS

Since it was supposed to come out a year ago, before the two Disney+ series, I'm wondering if there really is a big tie-in other than Yelena being a future hero replacement for Natasha who I'm guessing stays dead :(

3 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Since it was supposed to come out a year ago, before the two Disney+ series, I'm wondering if there really is a big tie-in other than Yelena being a future hero replacement for Natasha who I'm guessing stays dead :(

Really hoping both her and Tony stay dead. I am PUMPED for a potential long-term Florence Pugh in the MCU, love her work. I would also be ok with the AI projection of Tony but not a full resurrection (in the comics recently he dumped an AI copy of his brain into a new fully organic body after he died and he had a huge identity crisis as to whether or not he was actually still Tony Stark). 

Given that Gamora is back as a previous version of herself and now Vision is somewhat back as White Vision it would be really important to keep Natasha and Tony in the ground IMO. 

5 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Really hoping both her and Tony stay dead. I am PUMPED for a potential long-term Florence Pugh in the MCU, love her work. I would also be ok with the AI projection of Tony but not a full resurrection (in the comics recently he dumped an AI copy of his brain into a new fully organic body after he died and he had a huge identity crisis as to whether or not he was actually still Tony Stark). 

Given that Gamora is back as a previous version of herself and now Vision is somewhat back as White Vision it would be really important to keep Natasha and Tony in the ground IMO. 

Avengers: Days of Our Lives

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Deadpulse said:
6 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Black Widow is supposed to arrive at the end of April. 

maybe it involves cloning and it was only Black Widows clone that dies for the soul stone

• Like 1

Man, feel so spoiled to have this right after Wandavison.

Certainly dispelled any hanging notion the scope and action wouldn’t be at the same level of the movies.

Love getting to live way more with these two. 

Solid first ep. Interesting way to deal with the blip, continues to be the gift that keeps giving narratively after that crazy Monica sequence in WV.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2021 at 3:30 PM, Malfatron said:

maybe it involves cloning and it was only Black Widows clone that dies for the soul stone

I don’t think they’ll have it be Widow, but I’m very curious how large they go with Secret Invasion and how many seeds had been planted. Like will it be a HYDRA level thing from CATWS, and tons of people we already knew were turned out to be HYDRA?

Very happy with the first episode. Really fleshed out where the series is going to go. While I like giving both Sam and Buck chances to establish where their characters are at individually, my main hype for this thing was their chemistry so I am sad to miss out on that in episode 1. 

A bit slow, but we got some great juicy character development for both Sam and Bucky.  Given how the rest of the episode was, I see why they started it off with that big action set piece.  I hope they go a little deeper into how the hell does Sam make money?  Gov't contract?  Thought they could have done a little more to set up the Flag Smashers this episode, but it's at least established.  Excited for next week.

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

A bit slow, but we got some great juicy character development for both Sam and Bucky.  Given how the rest of the episode was, I see why they started it off with that big action set piece.  I hope they go a little deeper into how the hell does Sam make money?  Gov't contract?  Thought they could have done a little more to set up the Flag Smashers this episode, but it's at least established.  Excited for next week.

Yeah i liked the setup.  I'm also really curious where he's getting his money, now that they opened that door.

I know it would essentially be another story, but the more of the "blip" I hear about, the more I think that even within 5 years, the world would be such a hellhole that society/civilization would have completely crumbled. All of the people that vanished, plus the people that instantly died due to being in planes, cars, etc. All industries going down the toilet overnight with tons of people probably taking their own lives due to being depressed at the loss of loved ones...it just seems like a big narrative plot point with the ramifications that wouldn't be easily skirted around like the MCU in my opinion is essentially doing. I guess they have to, because again the fallout would be a completely different story.

Despite that being on my mind, I really liked the first episode of Falcon/Winder Solider. More my speed. I appreciate WandaVision for being different along with the themes it explored, but I guess I wasn't that stoked for it. Falcon/Winter Solider only being 6 episodes with each episode being around 40 plus minutes helps. Thought WandaVision was way too spread out. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

On 3/19/2021 at 10:46 AM, THE DUKE said:

I hope they go a little deeper into how the hell does Sam make money?  Gov't contract?

The episode had him working with the Air Force to take down a group of terrorists. Would that not be what he’s talking about with government contracts; being contracted out to help on military missions?