The Falcon and The Winter Soldier - March 16th

Deadpulse

10 hours ago, pwny said:

The episode had him working with the Air Force to take down a group of terrorists. Would that not be what he’s talking about with government contracts; being contracted out to help on military missions?

I’m trying to remember what his military status was at the time of Winter Soldier.  He was serving at the VA but was he on reserve or already done?  Was he dishonorably discharged after what happened in Berlin in Civil War?  Different branches but I could see Ross pushing for that out of spite. 

He’s gotta be seeing some money doing these missions.  But tbh I feel like even tho Tony didn’t seem to like Sam he still would’ve taken care of him financially just on the strength of Sam being Steve’s guy. It would be cool to see Pepper in a cameo where she gets his sister some kind of grant for their boat.  Altho his sister clearly is over it and seems ready to move on. 

Edited by thrILL!

Some really dope action sequences and stunt work.  The opening aerial sequence was 10 mins long.  Loved seeing Winter Soldier in his assassin prime too.  That poor kid had he just gone out for that drink with the others, he wouldn’t have gotten snuffed out. 

50 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I’m trying to remember what his military status was at the time of Winter Soldier.  He was serving at the VA but was he on reserve or already done?  Was he dishonorably discharged after what happened in Berlin in Civil War?  Different branches but I could see Ross pushing for that out of spite. 

He’s gotta be seeing some money doing these missions.  But tbh I feel like even tho Tony didn’t seem to like Sam he still would’ve taken care of him financially just on the strength of Sam being Steve’s guy. It would be cool to see Pepper in a cameo where she gets his sister some kind of grant for their boat.  Altho his sister clearly is over it and seems ready to move on. 

Maybe Tony and T'Challa put together some superhero fund. :)

Also I love all the little details.

Wham Sam and Cap first met, they talked about how they can’t sleep on mattresses anymore because they feel too soft and how that’s a hard transition to normal life. And then in this, Bucky is sleeping on the floor, still unable to even begin to transition towards normalcy. 

• Like 1

Tbh I gotta watch the opening aerial sequence again.  

• Falcon is supposed to help protect the plane carrying a US military liason (except he's wearing US military gear and the American flag so why this designation?).  I forget where it was headed before it was hijacked.
  • After the plane is commandeered & the crew is killed, Falcon goes to work and the liason gets abducted by Batroc and his goons in wing suits that completely defy physics & gravity.  Not only does Batroc manage to land in a moving helicopter but now there are multiple helicopters in support.  
  • Who is this liason guy that they bring out such heavy support (multiple armed helicopters ) to make sure they get him across into Libya?  He's gotta be a big deal to warrant this mission.  This doesn't seem like a ****** & grab ransom.
  • And since this hostage is an American (and this is still a fictional movie where any rules get broken) would they really be so concerned about crossing the border to make sure they get their guy back?  Sure it would seriously ramp up hostilities with Libya scrambling their jets, etc but are they really gonna let their guy get abducted?  Pretty sure a citizen being abducted by foreign powers into a foreign country is a huge no no (<cough> Dark Knight <cough>) to begin with.  
  • I feel like this was just a successful mission we got to see Sam flex on but that was it as far as plot.  Awesome aerial sequence tho.

8 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Tbh I gotta watch the opening aerial sequence again.  

• Falcon is supposed to help protect the plane carrying a US military liason (except he's wearing US military gear and the American flag so why this designation?).  I forget where it was headed before it was hijacked.
  • After the plane is commandeered & the crew is killed, Falcon goes to work and the liason gets abducted by Batroc and his goons in wing suits that completely defy physics & gravity.  Not only does Batroc manage to land in a moving helicopter but now there are multiple helicopters in support.  
  • Who is this liason guy that they bring out such heavy support (multiple armed helicopters ) to make sure they get him across into Libya?  He's gotta be a big deal to warrant this mission.  This doesn't seem like a ****** & grab ransom.
  • And since this hostage is an American (and this is still a fictional movie where any rules get broken) would they really be so concerned about crossing the border to make sure they get their guy back?  Sure it would seriously ramp up hostilities with Libya scrambling their jets, etc but are they really gonna let their guy get abducted?  Pretty sure a citizen being abducted by foreign powers into a foreign country is a huge no no (<cough> Dark Knight <cough>) to begin with.  
  • I feel like this was just a successful mission we got to see Sam flex on but that was it as far as plot.  Awesome aerial sequence tho.

• Batroc doesn't represent the Libyan government, they are essentially just terrorists
• The United States sending armed military forces into a sovereign country without permission is a huge huge huge deal.  Like declarable open war huge (not that they would against us, but still)
• Not sure who the dude is really, but like you said, not really important to the plot, lets just assume he's important to the US Government.
• It was a 100% only an opportunity for Sam to flex and to get a high octane action sequence injected into an episode that is largely just setup for the other five episodes, just like the Winter Soldier flashback sequence was mostly another example to show how badass Bucky can be and what he has to atone for.

Don't look too deep into it, it was there to kick start the series.

2 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

• The United States sending armed military forces into a sovereign country without permission is a huge huge huge deal.  Like declarable open war huge (not that they would against us, but still)

You can request permission real quick if needed. Even then, what would Libya do? What has Pakistan done in retaliation since the bin Laden raid? I'm not saying that would be a good move, but there is precedent.

Just now, thrILL! said:

It's just lazy writing.

I agree. But, I think they will come back to this event eventually.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I agree. But, I think they will come back to this event eventually

It’d make sense to bring it back, even if it’s just Batroc coming back in in a later episode. Or it being part of something Zemo is doing.