The Falcon and The Winter Soldier - March 16th

Deadpulse

The Leaper in Captain America 2 was also hired by Nick Fury to orchestrate that entire boat operation in the opening mission of that film. Just a red herring. His role in this new series with the kidnapping of that military dude might be something, or nothing at all. 

I've heard the theory that the government might be trying to put together a whisper campaign to essentially take out Falcon, but make it look like an unfortunate accident. We saw him say that whenever the military got their hands on Red Wing he started to get all glitchy. 

10 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I’m not familiar with this villain so I’ll take your word for it. 

He was in the opening sequence in Captain America Winter Soldier.  The guy on the boat that tells Cap "I thought you were more than a shield".

2 hours ago, Acgott said:

Good episode. They did a good job making John Walker a likable character early on. I find it funny they don’t want to work with him and instead want to go to a terrorist.

I think it's more so that they don't trust him or the government that immediately co-opped everything they believe in for a publicity stunt.

Good intro to Walker, I don't really know the comic book story behind him, so i'm curious to see where they go with it.  As of now, he seems ok.

Mackie and Stan really do have great chemistry together on screen.  The banter between Sam and Bucky made me laugh out loud 3 or 4 times just in this episode.

Better development of the Flag Smashers as well. Not much, but we're getting more of a picture and they are bread crumbing 3-4 storylines at once that I imagine are going to intercept each other more and more over the next couple of episodes.  Very curious as to who it is chasing them.  I would have thought the one FS who slowed them up could have put up a better fight than charging into a barrage of gunfire.

Super pumped for Zemo next week, he's a top 5 Marvel villain for me, and he's dangerous because of his intelligence and wits, not because of some super serum or magic sunglasses.

Better episode than week one, and I think it's trending up still.

I have no love for this show but I’m trying to like it. The joint psychiatrist meeting was stupid, tried too hard to be funny/cute with it. I’m actually pulling more for the German supersoldier baddies and hope they can take out falcon, bucky, and new cap. Only redemption I think this show could have is if new cap is the big bad and joins hydra or something. 

I had lower expectations for this than I did WandaVision.  WandaVision somehow exceeded my expectations, while this is about right in line with what I expected.  I think the trend continues next week though with being better than the week before it.

Interesting to see that T’Challa allowed Zemo’s extradition to Germany. I thought we might see Wakanda for a second.

For a split second when Walker was recruiting Sam snd Bucky, I thought we might see the Ultimates. 

Lose the therapist. It’s trying way too hard. 

4 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Interesting to see that T’Challa allowed Zemo’s extradition to Germany. I thought we might see Wakanda for a second.

For a split second when Walker was recruiting Sam snd Bucky, I thought we might see the Ultimates. 

Lose the therapist. It’s trying way too hard. 

I don't care much for her, but my wife has loved every moment she's on screen. Though that scene in the jail did take up a bit too much time. 

Is Winter Solider this brooding in the comics? 

On 3/27/2021 at 8:53 AM, titansNvolsR#1 said:

I don't care much for her, but my wife has loved every moment she's on screen. Though that scene in the jail did take up a bit too much time. 

Is Winter Solider this brooding in the comics? 

The first scene wasn't a problem - you can see why court-appointed therapy would be needed.   The jail scene was completely unnecessary, though.

I'll give it time - ppl forget Wandavision was a mind**** for the first 3 eps - but very little actual plot advancement occurred until the twins were born.   Mostly setup.   Kinda have to give the same benefit of the doubt here.