The Falcon and The Winter Soldier - March 16th

Deadpulse

9 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Kind of agree with that. It took me a bit but I realized it was because the tone was different. Out of all the Disney+ episodes so 12 thus far, this was the first one that didn't have much character development. This was just moving plot along and some action. And it felt like John Wick which is should because it was the writer of it for this and next episode.

So this episode is gonna be meh too?

14 hours ago, D82 said:

So this episode is gonna be meh too?

I mean, I like the John Wick writer, so we'll have to see what he can do in the second episode. I hope that we get more plot and more character development. I feel like we might get the Zemo double cross already, which could be interesting.

2 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

I’m enjoying this show quite a bit, but the plot has been as predictable as they come. Which is fine. Just a big shift from WandaVision. 

Yeah, just doesn’t have the same intrigue.

4 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

After watching that last episode.

No.

No we cannot.

He’s now super intriguing.

I'm not a fan of Walker at all. But at least now it gets interesting with the Captain America moniker.

I know it won't happen, but I'd love to see old man Rogers make a cameo to kick his ***.

I also forgot about this, but read this comment elsewhere:

The fact that the guy who looked up to Captain America got killed by the shield is fantastic irony

Also:

I love that John Walker went through with the specific kill move that Steve chose not to use on Tony in Civil War. It's perfect for showing the difference between them.

Edited by kingseanjohn
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

After watching that last episode.

No.

No we cannot.

He’s now super intriguing.

I have no interest in his character. Haven't from the start. Him killing someone doesn't suddenly make me care about him any more than I did before. 

6 minutes ago, D82 said:

I have no interest in his character. Haven't from the start. Him killing someone doesn't suddenly make me care about him any more than I did before. 

I don't think this is really about Walker though. I think Walker is more for building up Sam to become the new Captain America; which was a big complaint when he got the shield. We've seen someone with the service and medals for heroic acts fall in hard times now. Sam's conversations with Zemo and wanting to talk over violence are all Cap like things. I think this is giving us the Sam CA origin story.

I haven't read comics in probably 20 years, so I don't know if Walker is in them. But he could definitely become a recurring character now that he's a super soldier. You know Zemo will want to take him out along with many others.

• Like 1

Walker will have his place in the MCU if he makes it out of this alive. He was in the Avengers for awhile. He’s also much stronger in the comics. Superhuman strength comparable to Spider Man instead of Cap.

Edited by Tetsujin