The Falcon and The Winter Soldier - March 16th

Deadpulse

1 hour ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

John Walker was just shown murdering a dude without context on video.

Thats gonna be fun.

You mean stopping a super soldier who is part of a known violent terrorist group? He won't have the public's trust obviously, but absolutely nothing is going to happen to him and what he did was easily spinnable by any half decent PR and he has the PR machine of the US government behind him.

And that last shot of the bloody shield was fantastic.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

You mean stopping a super soldier who is part of a known violent terrorist group? He won't have the public's trust obviously, but absolutely nothing is going to happen to him and what he did was easily spinnable by any half decent PR and he has the PR machine of the US government behind him.

And that last shot of the bloody shield was fantastic.

I disagree with the first part. Does the public know he's a super soldier and terrorist? They saw a guy running, without a mask, get knocked down and then murdered in the streets of Riga by Captain America. People were filming in the background as soon as they saw Walker running, who then killed a man that wasn't fighting back or even really moving at that point. Dude was straight up merk'd. All he did was help the Flag Smasher's cause and piss off Karli even more.

16 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I disagree with the first part. Does the public know he's a super soldier and terrorist? They saw a guy running, without a mask, get knocked down and then murdered in the streets of Riga by Captain America. People were filming in the background as soon as they saw Walker running, who then killed a man that wasn't fighting back or even really moving at that point. Dude was straight up merk'd. All he did was help the Flag Smasher's cause and piss off Karli even more.

I agree his public perception is going down the ****ter, no argument there, just that every way to spin it imaginable is going to happen.

3 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I don't think this is really about Walker though. I think Walker is more for building up Sam to become the new Captain America; which was a big complaint when he got the shield. We've seen someone with the service and medals for heroic acts fall in hard times now. Sam's conversations with Zemo and wanting to talk over violence are all Cap like things. I think this is giving us the Sam CA origin story.

I haven't read comics in probably 20 years, so I don't know if Walker is in them. But he could definitely become a recurring character now that he's a super soldier. You know Zemo will want to take him out along with many others.

I definitely remember those complaints when Endgame came out.

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Great episode. Really liked everything about it. 

Yeah. This was my favorite episode so far. Though I thought the first and second was good also. The third one was the only one where I was kind of neutral on.

This has been much more of a slow build than the mystery and surprises of WandaVision.  A different kind of watch, but still one I am very much enjoying.

Zemo's arc has been fantastic. Whatever the next phase has in store, he needs to be part of it. I loved the momentary hesitation he had before he started destroying the serum. Still true to his character and his code...... but he was tempted.

• Like 2

Best episode of the series by far. Man that was awesome. Can't believe that last scene was permitted on Disney+. 

Only nitpick that bothered me is Barnes strolling in, and saying that the Dora Milaje was on their tails, and wants Zemo. That of course gave Zemo the go-ahead to use the knowledge of the funeral as leverage. He eventually relented, but still, Barnes should have kept his mouth shut. There was nothing to gain by saying that out loud. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Best episode of the series by far. Man that was awesome. Can't believe that last scene was permitted on Disney+. 

Only nitpick that bothered me is Barnes strolling in, and saying that the Dora Milaje was on their tails, and wants Zemo. That of course gave Zemo the go-ahead to use the knowledge of the funeral as leverage. He eventually relented, but still, Barnes should have kept his mouth shut. There was nothing to gain by saying that out loud. 

What was to be gained is Zemo's cooperative and knowledge, assuming Bucky thought that he would need him longer than eight hours. Not too mention, Zemo could have left them to die in Madripoor, but did not.  As a man of honor, Bucky might have felt in Zemo's debt for that.

Of course it was just to move the plot where it needed to go, but there are plausible reasons it you take a second to think about it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I haven't read comics in probably 20 years, so I don't know if Walker is in them. But he could definitely become a recurring character now that he's a super soldier. You know Zemo will want to take him out along with many others.

In the comics, both John and Lemar received super-abilities from the Power Broker who created this super UFC wrestling type league where they’d duke it out.  Steve Rogers stepped down as Cap bcuz the gov’t was up to no good & tried to send him on a mission he refused to go on.  Walker was (former?) military and became Superpatriot before he  was chosen to replace Steve. Enemies soon found out that this Cap wasn’t like Steve & would take them out with extreme prejudice.  It was an excellent run

2 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Yeah they’ve had him out of pocket a few times making him extroverted at times it’s counterintuitive to the mission.  And they got made immediately when they were walking around asking all loud where Karli’s mom was. No discretion at all and the Flag Smashers insignias everywhere would tell you it wasn’t going to work. 

Who are these guys running with Karli?  They’re enhanced from the serum but are they trained in hand to hand combat like Bucky and Sam are?  The fight sequences are fun to watch and maybe some of them are former military but I’d imagine they’d prolly have to resort more to brute force in a street fight than trying to go toe toe. They’re not on some Jason Bourne hand to hand level like Bucky is.  Sam has the skills & the suit to hold his own.  They might overwhelm Bucky for a bit if they get close enough but I’d think he’d mop the floor with them after that.  

Edited by thrILL!

10 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I loved the momentary hesitation he had before he started destroying the serum. Still true to his character and his code...... but he was tempted.

enhanced by the scene where he asks Sam if he'd take it and commends his lack of hesitation saying no. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I was one of them!

There were definitely clues in the movies why Steve chose Sam to replace him. For example, Sam reaching out to Steve in WS and getting him to come to the VA meetings. Sam, in general, having more empathy because he worked with soldiers transitioning to normal. I feel that this series just further reinforced what we knew about him.

• Like 1