Sunday GDT: No Titans football

titans0021

25 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I've got little hope for a wildcard. It could certainly help (especially with Oakland looking more and more vulnerable), but if we can't get the 10 wins necessary to win the AFC South, I'm not optimistic about getting in via WC.

With the Jags dropping winnable games, it looks even better.  I maybe alone, but I feel Watson will crash sooner or later. Hopefully sooner. 

34 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

With the Jags dropping winnable games, it looks even better.  I maybe alone, but I feel Watson will crash sooner or later. Hopefully sooner. 

The positive is that his margin for error is getting smaller as the defense continues losing starters. As it is, they're only 2-2 these past 4 games, aven as they're averaging just under 40 ppg (33+ each).

I agree he won't likely sustain this pace, but some examples like the aforementioned RG3, took a year for defenses to catch up. 

1 minute ago, ragevsuall17 said:

The positive is that his margin for error is getting smaller as the defense continues losing starters. As it is, they're only 2-2 these past 4 games, aven as they're averaging just under 40 ppg (33+ each).

I agree he won't likely sustain this pace, but some examples like the aforementioned RG3, took a year for defenses to catch up. 

Yeah.  Their defense is losing player after player.

I feel they missed their window with the defense. I don't think it's elite anymore. Good, but not elite.   

Watson might shine the rest of the year.  I don't know it's the Texans and something always goes crazy for them. (then they somehow squeak into the playoffs).

9 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Was going to say Arizona would be a nice place for him, when Cardinals got rid of Palmer, but Palmer looked good today.

Would Alex go back to SF? lol

But yeah. Jags are going to offer him like $200 Million. 

Palmer has honestly been better than most have given him credit for since 2015. His numbers don't look as good(and he hasn't been AS good) as 2015, but a lot of that has to do with what's around him and the system Arians runs. A lot of people I'm sure remember how Ben got abused when Arians was OC, and that's because his passing offense relies on long developing routes, and if he doesn't have an offensive line capable of holding up for a considerable amount of time each snap, his QBs get killed.

In Palmer's MVP-eqsue 2015 season he was sacked only 25(1.5 per) times that entire year, which was the 5th least in the NFL. That's incredibly impressive given the system Arizona runs. But to compare, he was sacked 40 times last year(2.6 per game) in 15 games and the Cards o-line finished 26th in the NFL in sacks allowed,  and this year he's already been sacked 21 times(3.5 per), which is 30th in the NFL. Palmer is still a good QB(not the borderline elite level he showed in 2015, but still good), so I dunno if he's gonna consider retiring or if Arizona would consider replacing him.

If they did, Smith could be an interesting choice, but Smith prefers and thrives under a more conservative offense. Not that he can't throw deep, he's obviously pretty good at it, but I don't know how well he'd manage behind a bad offensive line in a system that relies on the deep ball. Cousins might be a guy they go all in for if Washington is dumb enough to let him leave.

It would be incredible to watch Arians coach an offense that had an offensive line like ours or the Cowboys/Raiders etc. It's such a fun offense to watch when his QB gets protection.

15 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I don't think Watson maintains the pace he has been on these first 5 starts, but I don't think he is going to crash. He will come back to earth a little bit and I am sure will throw in a dud game or two, but I think he is going to be solid for them most of the season.

His start sort of reminds me of Dak last year. First half of the year it felt like every was waiting for that "crash" that never happened. He had a few games where he wasn't great, but never reached that crash status

Archived