Sunday GDT: No Titans football

titans0021

Just now, Titans fan 617 said:

Any chance he’s willing to be our backup next year ?

Was going to say Arizona would be a nice place for him, when Cardinals got rid of Palmer, but Palmer looked good today.

Would Alex go back to SF? lol

But yeah. Jags are going to offer him like $200 Million. 

The Raiders fall to 2-4 and the Bucs fall to 2-3. Both teams, like us, were expected to take that next step. And like us, both teams fan bases have to be disappointed.

Having said that, our division is still ours for the taking. Just win tomorrow night.

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Was going to say Arizona would be a nice place for him, when Cardinals got rid of Palmer, but Palmer looked good today.

Would Alex go back to SF? lol

But yeah. Jags are going to offer him like $200 Million. 

I don’t know they seem to love Bortles ?

Jags do make sense though. The only other team who would make sense but I don’t believe he actually retires would be Pitt but I don’t think Bens going to retire yet 

Just now, TitanSlim said:

The Raiders fall to 2-4 and the Bucs fall to 2-3. Both teams, like us, were expected to take that next step. And like us, both teams fan bases have to be disappointed.

Having said that, our division is still ours for the taking. Just win tomorrow night.

Texans are scary though. The Titans first playoff game will come in early Dec when Houston comes to Nashville. 

Just now, Titans fan 617 said:

I don’t know they seem to love Bortles ?

Jags do make sense though. The only other team who would make sense but I don’t believe he actually retires would be Pitt but I don’t think Bens going to retire yet 

Or maybe go to the Giants, when they boot Eli out? 

Just looked it up. He does have one more year on his deal. So a team would have to trade for him. Makes it a little harder for him to just go wherever.  If the Jags want to break the bank and trade away their future for Alex Smith 33 years old. I'm ok with it. 
Smith would make them an instant contender, it doesn't make them unbeatable. :) 

San Fran has the picks to get him. 

2 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Texans are scary though. The Titans first playoff game will come in early Dec when Houston comes to Nashville. 

Texans are in a groove for sure.  But I feel for certain he will hit a wall sometime this year. 
The NFL is just so unforgiving and catches up quick.  He throws INTs. So I'm optimistically waiting for a hopeful downfall, that brings him back to Earth. Collapses the team and makes them fire O'Brien and have to start over as a franchise.  :)

That's not too much to wish for. lol

8 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Yep.  We not alone with our stumble.

Lot of football left though. 

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Or maybe go to the Giants, when they boot Eli out? 

Just looked it up. He does have one more year on his deal. So a team would have to trade for him. Makes it a little harder for him to just go wherever.  If the Jags want to break the bank and trade away their future for Alex Smith 33 years old. I'm ok with it. 
Smith would make them an instant contender, it doesn't make them unbeatable. :) 

San Fran has the picks to get him. 

KCs cap situation was pretty dreadful this past off season... And I dont think it'll get any better next year. They may be forced into a move that's not the most favorable for them or risk getting nothing in return for him. I'm sure there's some outs there in their cap situation, but itsngonna take some maneuvering to get things in place to seek out the best deal. 

He may not have any trade protection clause but he's also got some power/control. Any team won't want to give up much for a 1 year rental and will want an extension worked out prior to a trade... And that's where Smiths control cones from... He could delay negotiations with a team he doesn't want to play for.

17 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

KCs cap situation was pretty dreadful this past off season... And I dont think it'll get any better next year. They may be forced into a move that's not the most favorable for them or risk getting nothing in return for him. I'm sure there's some outs there in their cap situation, but itsngonna take some maneuvering to get things in place to seek out the best deal. 

He may not have any trade protection clause but he's also got some power/control. Any team won't want to give up much for a 1 year rental and will want an extension worked out prior to a trade... And that's where Smiths control cones from... He could delay negotiations with a team he doesn't want to play for.

Maybe cut someone like Tamba Hali and renegotiate Johnson, Ron Parker and Eric Fisher?  I know you the cap guy. :)

But maybe those moves buy them time if Smith plays it tough.

I'm just trying to make it hard for Smith to end up in Jacksonville...lol

15 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

Giants up 17-3 at half. Still early, but a Denver loss could be helpful in a potential wildcard race down the line. 

I've got little hope for a wildcard. It could certainly help (especially with Oakland looking more and more vulnerable), but if we can't get the 10 wins necessary to win the AFC South, I'm not optimistic about getting in via WC.

Archived