Super Bowl Post Game Discussion

Webmaster

7 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

So they lost because of the car accident? That's a legendary new one.

pretty sure its not about a car accident its about your mind is racing when your son may be serving life in prison if the little girl dies. It is an acceptable reason to be off your game a bit , but its not an excuse as to why they lost

6 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

So they lost because of the car accident? That's a legendary new one.

Your performance in the superbowl is largely a reflection of the momentum you bring into it. Andy Reid is notoriously effective with an extra week to prepare but his process got a wrench thrown in it by having to deal with and worry about the Britt Reid crap. Andy Reid already has past trauma with his kids it's the last thing we needed happening right before this game and I'm sure he had some brain fog during it because he didn't call a great game.

4 minutes ago, Starless said:

In re-watching some of the lowlights, it's really hard to justify knocking Mahomes for the game he had. He was practically the only one on his offense who even bothered showing up. Hill, Kelce and the OL all had miserable games and did nothing to help him. 

That's why I said I don't think they lost because of Mahomes but at the end of the day he also didn't make any game winning plays either. He had several specular plays that resulted in absolutely nothing. Not scoring a single TD definitely looks bad on Mahomes.

24 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

And if you wouldn't have kept acting like a dip**** we would've been able to have some actual discussion about the game instead of millions of posters coming out saying "gotcha" when we got wrecked. You can own it now.

I thought today would be a humble response, owning up to his folly and turning a new page.

But, alas - that isn't the case. 

Don't expect him to own it. He's not. In all honesty, I'm surprised he's here (until I read the "they didn't beat us, we lost" response). Put him on mute and remember how quickly he tapped and was nowhere to be seen following his "clapped" prediction. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, The Third Rider said:

That's why I said I don't think they lost because of Mahomes but at the end of the day he also didn't make any game winning plays either. He had several specular plays that resulted in absolutely nothing. Not scoring a single TD definitely looks bad on Mahomes.

He got pressured the most out of any QB in superbowl history but still had some spectacular throws, guys just didn't catch the ball.

He'll be back, and with a vengeance.

Im not going to to comb through 50 pages of trolls. People want to blame refs, and say stuff is rigged thats fine use that as an excuse but I will tell you that your delusional. People want to blame Reid with the situation with his son, that is fine and you can think that, people want to blame mahomes and turf toe that is fine and you can believe that. Truth is the Bucs defense came in with a game plan to shut down Reid's high powered offense and executed it perfectly. They had the ability to pressure mahomes with the front 4 most of the night. Shaq and JPP were able to wreck havoc on the outside and get to Mahomes quicker then they expected. The game plan by KC was really unusual as they went away from running the ball. Last year they attempted double amount of rushes then they did this year in the superbowl and I know being down impacted that but they never attempted to get the run game going because of the dline threat that Bucs have to offer. Over all Bowles proved he is a top talented DC in the league and thats what got him his 1st HC opportunity and will likely get him another opportunity next year. All in all an impressive performance by the defense who truly deserved the MVP award and the reason for the win last night. It will now be a template for other AFC teams to figure out how mahomes can be contained compared to the past by having an exception dline and more then capable qb to compete with him. Mahomes reminded me a lot like Josh Allen when pressured both run around a lot to try and make the play and chuck it up for 50 50 balls in hopes the receiver can make the play. They both have the arm strength and ability to make ridiculous throws that would be typically a sack or a short pass but both can get the ball to the receiver whether or not it can be caught when they should have never had the ability to do that. 

KC needs some DB help and Oline they will be back in it next year. TB needs to find away to retain key guys even if it cost mortgaging the future in hopes of another run next year.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Starless said:

In re-watching some of the lowlights, it's really hard to justify knocking Mahomes for the game he had. He was practically the only one on his offense who even bothered showing up. Hill, Kelce and the OL all had miserable games and did nothing to help him. 

It really isn't. He had a very bad game. Having some flashy looking ZERO value plays means nothing but flash. He had 23 incompletions and 5.5 ypa. He had a horrible game with some flashy last ditch throws. 

• Like 1