Super Bowl Post Game Discussion

Webmaster

1 minute ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I'm not at all saying Brady didn't HELP the team but he didn't do it by himself either. 

Their defense, OL, Mike and co was already good. They also brought in Gronk, AB, and others during FA.  

I think you're arguing with a straw man. No one is saying Brady did it all by himself but it's obvious that he was the biggest factor in the team going from 7-9 to SB winner. Gronk and AB would not have gone there without Brady, you know that.

I agree with you for sure. It's a team game and TB defense was underrated last season.

That said, the QB is the most important player in this team sport, even more so recently. It's so important that the highest correlation to winning in football is how good your QB's ANY/A or EPA/play is.

• Like 1

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

We did the same thing against the Pack.

Maybe our dline is just really good.

And maybe you were helped by a line that was hurting? No shame in that. You play who you play. Your defense was good this year, their offensive line was better than this before the injuries. This is a better matchup if they are healthy. That shouldn't be a shocking statement

• Like 1

Just now, Broncofan said:

Normally that's a sound philosophy.   But 2021 is a different animal.   If the cap were its usual number of 210M, there wouldn't even be a problem.   But because 2022 has a HUGE bump in cap (at least 220M, if not more) - going back-loaded heavy is what we will see with a lot of teams this year who wouldn't normally do it.   I don't see GM Licht as any different, because of the massive bump from 2021 to 2022 cap-wise (and that's before the new TV deal with online $ comes into play for 2022, either - that 220M may be incredibly conservative, which only adds to the incentive to go that route for 2021 FA signings alone).

I don't think we change anything with how we structure contracts. Even when we lead the league in cap space and were a prime destination for vets to get a payday for a couple years, we didn't deviate.

We've paid coaches more money not to to be here than we've paid players. I don't see that changing.

2 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Yeah, but outside of Schwartz, no one on the Chiefs is that great on the OL anyway. Fisher is nothing above average. Bucs DL is still way more talented than the starters too.

It's a pretty sizeable difference between average nfl starter and 4th string backup

1 minute ago, Forge said:

And maybe you were helped by a line that was hurting? No shame in that. You play who you play. Your defense was good this year, their offensive line was better than this before the injuries. This is a better matchup if they are healthy. That shouldn't be a shocking statement

Probably. 

Their injuries certainly helped. Can't deny that.

But Vea being back also helped. Quite a bit. He wasn't there in our first game. And he helped make all the difference this time around.

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

Probably. 

Their injuries certainly helped. Can't deny that.

But Vea being back also helped. Quite a bit. He wasn't there in our first game. And he helped make all the difference this time around.

For sure. I would have liked to have seen the game at full health for everyone, but I'm not a fan of either, so doesn't really impact me from anything more than an entertainment standpoint

1 minute ago, Forge said:

For sure. I would have liked to have seen the game at full health for everyone, but I'm not a fan of either, so doesn't really impact me from anything more than an entertainment standpoint

You're also a SF fan, so the concept of a fully healthy team is fairly foreign to you at this point

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

I think you're arguing with a straw man. No one is saying Brady did it all by himself but it's obvious that he was the biggest factor in the team going from 7-9 to SB winner. Gronk and AB would not have gone there without Brady, you know that.

I agree with you for sure. It's a team game and TB defense was underrated last season.

That said, the QB is the most important player in this team sport, even more so recently. It's so important that the highest correlation to winning in football is how good your QB's ANY/A or EPA/play is.

Yep. If you want to name a PLAYER that was more important than Brady, then go ahead and give your wrong answer. Otherwise, you are missing the point.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

He’s replaced a guy right now who is currently a back up. Bring in a championship proven good QB, being a title contender wouldn’t be far off. Even looking at this playoff run, Brady didn’t even have to be great for the Bucs to win.