Super Bowl Post Game Discussion

Webmaster

6 minutes ago, PatriotsWin! said:

Brady getting in Mathieu's face telling him "I'm going after you all game" was savage, think he actually started to get in honey badgers head considering some of the plays he started giving up after that. Keep in mind this was after Mathieu had said something to Brady first. Brady doesn't typically trash talk unless provoked.

After that PI and subsequent Bucs TD, the cameras cut and Matthieu was clearly rattled/unravelling on the sideline.

game was over at half time imo. Chiefs were completely uncomposed.

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

5 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

What? Mahomes was running for his life all game. The protection sucked and he still made some amazing throws off platform that had no business getting as close as they did.

This is a team game. Brady won cause that defense balled out and his receivers uncovered better and his line protected better. Not to take anything away its still another title for him and Tampa all the same.

He also won because he played great, got the ball out quicker than he has in any game in the last 5 years against an aggressive defense, and made the right reads and throws. They won 31-9, not 10-9. This wasn't like NE vs. LAR.

1 minute ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

After that PI and subsequent Bucs TD, Matthieu was clearly rattled on the sideline.

game was over at half time imo. Chiefs were completely uncomposed.

After that one play, he looked around with his arms up like, "What the ****?"

Can't talk all that **** if you can't back it up.

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

With a torn achilles, I think Fisher is probably done for next year too. My guess is that they give him an injury settlement and he's cut. He's headed into the last year of his deal and doesn't have any guarantees left. 

Yeah I mean technically he could return next year. Brandon Brooks came back from an Achilles in a bit over 7 months after getting hurt in the playoffs and was the best guard in the NFL that season after the injury. He's a freak though.

Fisher has 12 months until next years playoffs though. If Brooks could come back in not a lot more than half that time, then I think Fisher could too.

I don't know what's up with Schwartz's back though. How long has he been out for? He was amazing last year in the regular season and playoffs. Having both him and Fisher out hurt a ton.

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I mean...Fitzpatrick for 2 years, McCown for a filler year then rookie Darnold. So take that for what you will but 3-straight last place finishes you should be able to get a QB and start winning. He didn't.

Lol yeah that's 4 years of crappy QB's. And he actually won the first year with Fitz too. 

I think you can see a lot about why NFL hiring practices are the way they are that the only chance Bowles got was with a crappy franchise with crappy QB's and he got replaced precisely because the Jets just gave Adam Gase the sort of benefit of the doubt that Bowles does not get. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli

7 minutes ago, PatriotsWin! said:

Brady getting in Mathieu's face telling him "I'm going after you all game" was savage, think he actually started to get in honey badgers head considering some of the plays he started giving up after that. Keep in mind this was after Mathieu had said something to Brady first. Brady doesn't typically trash talk unless provoked.

Mathieu deserves every bit of **** ever thrown in his face.

6 minutes ago, N4L said:

I dont know the chiefs OL depth well enough to know if it was a good idea to shuffle the OL with 3 new guys at different spots or if it would have been better to just play your backup LT. Can you tell me if this was the best the chiefs could do? Because this was very baaaad (thats a goat pun btw)

It's really tough to say, honestly. The problem is, we had 4 proper OTs coming into the season this year, Fisher, Schwartz, Remmers, and then Yasir Durant. Durant is a project, 100%. He's a guy the team likes, but in like 2 or 3 years, not today. The only other guys on the OT depth chart are Andrew Wylie and Martinas Rankin. Rankin is a guy I like, but he played G exclusively in 2019 for us, and he spent almost the entire year on some mix of IR/PUP/RES. He's active, but we only saw him against LAC in week 17 when everyone on the line looked like trash, so it's hard to really tell if he was any kind of option.

Regardless, none of Durant, Rankin, or Wylie would've been options over Remmers. Period. As much as Remmers was trashed on for his superbowl history, he is, by a longshot, the best OT on roster right now. Not even close. So it makes sense to throw him on the blindside. Any of the others at LT would've been worse. RT is more of a valid question. Wylie was a surprising choice there, to me. I would've expected either Rankin or Durant. Wylie, to me, signaled that they still don't like where Rankin is healthwise. And while he was a backup, Wis was phenomenal for us last year, so I can understand the confidence in Wis at RG, if they did think Wylie was best at RT.

Really, regardless it was going to be crap. I think it's possible that the best line was Remmers/Allegretti/Reiter/Wylie/Rankin, instead of Remmers/Allegretti/Reiter/Wis/Wylie, but you're rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic at that point. If Remmers was going to get beat as badly as he did today, then there was no OT combo on roster to save this.

• Like 1

By the way, if anyone wants to complain about the refs, they actually didn't call enough holds on the Chiefs. They were legit holding almost every single play and got away with several. That Front Seven was dismantling them. 4-3 DL's, and 3-4 Front Seven's are what win Super Bowls. As long as you have a good QB and not someone like Jimmy Garroppolo.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah I mean technically he could return next year. Brandon Brooks came back from an Achilles in a bit over 7 months after getting hurt in the playoffs and was the best guard in the NFL that season after the injury. He's a freak though.

Fisher has 12 months until next years playoffs though. If Brooks could come back in not a lot more than half that time, then I think Fisher could too.

I don't know what's up with Schwartz's back though. How long has he been out for? He was amazing last year in the regular season and playoffs. Having both him and Fisher out hurt a ton.

Yeah, Schwartz is worrisome. I always hate bad backs. Also, I think his brother suffered a lot of injuries that prematurely ended his career as well.