Super Bowl Post Game Discussion

Webmaster

1 hour ago, NeptunePenguins said:

This also proves that arm strength and physical talent at the QB position is totally useless as well. See Rodgers and Mahomes sucking in the playoffs. 

Funny that this was your prediction for the SB. 

So in reality you’re just a guy who likes revisionist takes but over the long run - can’t really show any consistency or reasoning.     If you did it wouldn’t make sense to predict GB as the runaway winner and KC the finalist, right? 

If you really thought the above were true how do you take A-Rod beating Mahomes for the title over everyone else to start the playoffs?  

You don’t need to answer - your own posts show the fallacy in your hot takes.   But sure - paint yourself as a bandwagon Bucs fan now.  

I’d ask if there was any real reasoning to any of your posts but your very own predictions make this a rhetorical question.   

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I'm unsure if I blame them for it, honestly. While much has been made about the OL injuries, this is mostly the same line we had most of the year. Our OL just dominated against the Bills with 4 of the same 5 guys. The first go round against the Bucs was 4 of the same 5. I can understand them being confident in that group holding together. Hindsight is 20/20, obviously.

Part of the trouble, too, is while we did well against the Bills like this, we really aren't built to be a good short passing, timing based offense, anymore. It runs against Mahomes's instincts, and as good as Hill and Kelce are, the guys behind them are NOT polished receivers. As gifted as Hardman, Robinson, and Pringle are physically, none of them are reliable pass catchers or good route runners. Our TE depth is garbage. It's kind of the opposite of some of the Brady receiving corps, where they'd have no dominant threats (or just Gronk) but they had a ton of reliable short game options between the backfield and the slot.

Going to disagree with the first paragraph. Same 4/5 guys but when you move your RT to LT, your RG to RT, and have a new guy at RG, you have 3/5 new guys on you OL. Its a completely different unit, without question. OL play requires cohesion, and so much shuffling can be devastating in that regard. 

It was a different unit. Make no mistake about it, your OL play was basically the reason you lost the game. Saying its 4 of the same guys as last week seems purposefully misleading. There were not comparable

To the second paragraph - ok, well when your qb doesnt have more than 2s in the pocket you need to figure out a way to get the ball out quickly, or run max protect and give him more time. I said the same thing about your WRs during the game - the only pass catching threat you have that can beat tight coverage is kelce. Everyone else would be considered gadget type WRs on other teams, but because you space the field so well, tyreek etc isnt looked at in that light by everyone else. 

46 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Meh, don't wanna get caught up in drama, but 2020 Chiefs > 2019 Chiefs if you take everything but the Super Bowl out of it. Chiefs were one score away from being 16-0, with a decently tough schedule to boot. They lost to the Raiders 40-32, and wouldn't of benched starters Week 17 if they had won that game. Not to mention their AFC Championship destruction of the Bills. They also would of wrecked the Browns in the Divisional Round if Mahomes stayed in, on how the game was going.

The 49ers did not win that Super Bowl because they had an average Middle of the Pack QB in Jimmy. They were the better team going into the game (IMO), but the QB gap was way too large. Both the 49ers and Bucs Defenses were Top 5 DVOA going into the Super Bowl. The difference being Brady was much better than Jimmy, like not even remotely close to the same level.

With that said, the 2019 49ers were absolutely terrific and a dominant football team. But the 2020 Bucs > 2019 49ers, mostly due to the QB gap.

L O L to the first paragraph.

Do people forget that mahomes was hurt last year??? Does no one remember that he missed a few games? Please explain to me why their team is better this year, other than the fact "they could have gone 16-0 this year" because they were legitimately a better team in the superbowl last year than they were this year. They seemed to be sleepwalking through this season at times. 6-7 wins in a row at the end of the season by less than one score. Great, those are wins, but statistically, single score wins have a lot of variance. 

To the second paragraph - the bucs got the calls, and the bucs DL got to face an inferior chiefs OL. That was the real difference in the game. Go ahead and say "Jimmy bad, Brady good" but ignore the fact the chiefs didnt score a **** ing touchdown. You think they didnt score because the 2020 bucs D was better than the 2019 niners D?? Or do you think it could have possibly had something to do with the fact mahomes was running for his life literally the entire game because their OL was decimated to opt outs and injuries? Hmmmmnnn let me think about this for a second. 

Again, this chiefs team with this garbage OL was not even the same chiefs team that was playing a few weeks ago, let alone last season. Yes, credit to tampas DL for actually going out and dominating, and kudos to Brady for putting up 31 points, but lets actually use a little deductive reasoning here, and leave the 2019 niners out of the conversation, shall we? 

Edited by N4L
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, N4L said:

Going to disagree with the first paragraph. Same 4/5 guys but when you move your RT to LT, your RG to RT, and have a new guy at RG, you have 3/5 new guys on you OL. Its a completely different unit, without question. OL play requires cohesion, and so much shuffling can be devastating in that regard. 

It was a different unit. Make no mistake about it, your OL play was basically the reason you lost the game. Saying its 4 of the same guys as last week seems purposefully misleading. There were not comparable

To the second paragraph - ok, well when your qb doesnt have more than 2s in the pocket you need to figure out a way to get the ball out quickly, or run max protect and give him more time. I said the same thing about your WRs during the game - the only pass catching threat you have that can beat tight coverage is kelce. Everyone else would be considered gadget type WRs on other teams, but because you space the field so well, tyreek etc isnt looked at in that light by everyone else. 

L O L to the first paragraph.

Do people forget that mahomes was hurt last year??? Does no one remember that he missed a few games? Please explain to me why their team is better this year, other than the fact "they could have gone 16-0 this year" because they were legitimately a better team in the superbowl last year than they were this year. They seemed to be sleepwalking through this season at times. 6-7 wins in a row at the end of the season by less than one score. Great, those are wins, but statistically, single score wins have a lot of variance. 

To the second paragraph - the bucs got the calls, and the bucs DL got to face an inferior chiefs OL. That was the real difference in the game. Go ahead and say "Jimmy bad, Brady good" but ignore the fact the chiefs didnt score a **** ing touchdown. You think they didnt score because the 2020 bucs D was better than the 2019 niners D?? Or do you think it could have possibly had something to do with the fact mahomes was running for his life literally the entire game because their OL was decimated to opt outs and injuries? Hmmmmnnn let me think about this for a second. 

Again, this chiefs team with this garbage OL was not even the same chiefs team that was playing a few weeks ago, let alone last season. Yes, credit to tampas DL for actually going out and dominating, and kudos to Brady for putting up 31 points, but lets actually use a little deductive reasoning here, and leave the 2019 niners out of the conversation, shall we? 

I'm not the one who brought up the 2019 49ers, was just chiming in that yes, the 2020 Buccaneers are a better football team than the 2019 49ers. You seem to be on one right now and filled with emotion, so I will disengage from here on out, but I definitely disagree that the 49ers last year are better than the Bucs this year. The Bucs would beat them in a low-scoring affair type game, with the QB situation being the difference. With that said, the 2019 49ers were dominant, and definitely their best non-championship team ever.

35 minutes ago, NeptunePenguins said:

Russell played when the average NBA player was 6 foot 4. These days the average WNBA player is taller than 6 foot 7, let alone  the typical NBA player. That is why Jordan is best.

I'm not arguing if Russell is better than Jordan, but he is one of the greats.

1 hour ago, N4L said:

Congrats to you and all, but get my **** ing name out your mouth

2019 niners were a great **** ing team. This chiefs team you played was not the same team as 2019. Hell, it wasnt even the same chiefs team that wasnt even that good at the end of the regular season this year. Dont get it twisted.

Jimmy G stinks, Niners losing was inevitable

I think it's hilarious to sample Dolphin sites with posters still in denial regarding Tom Brady. That should have been out the window in 2004. Dan Marino isn't within 5 standard deviations of Brady yet on Miami sites it's viewed the opposite.

In contrast, extreme kudos to Patriot fans who remained loyal to Brady and continued to root for him this season and today, as voiced and displayed by John King with CNN on Saturday.

It always required contortionist logic to believe that a 19 year dynasty of quarterback and coach was primarily the coach. Yet that was the loud conventional wisdom and so prevalent that it was considered preposterous to argue the other way. Minus one season of evidence the brutal subjective version would have always stunk up the joint, like the local landfill.

Now I'm reading that Mahomes was done in by losing offensive linemen. Give me a break. Brady had 24 different starting offensive linemen during the Super Bowls with the Patriots. None of the 2014 starters against Seattle started four years later against the Rams. Would Tom Brady be pitied if he lost offensive tackles against Green Bay? Nobody would care.

Mahomes played a lousy game and he also had skill position players with key drops when the outcome was still in doubt. The Chiefs simply aren't a great team, as evidenced by the mediocre +1.0 YPPA Differential. These days it doesn't require a great team to go 14-2. You just need the freakish quarterback. 

As much as I wanted Brady to succeed without Belichick, I really thought it would equate to something like a 10-6 season and first round playoff defeat. Really remarkable how it played out. Gronkowski could barely move two years ago against the Rams. Today not only was he prancing in the back of the end zone but he dominated in run blocking, just like several weeks ago when he made Chase Young look like a chump.

I thought the Chiefs would win but as I emphasized my top priority is for Mahomes never to go unbeaten. This result might help in that regard, at least in the short run. Super Bowl losers are typically in a funk the following season. As I noted last week, only three coaches in NFL history have ever regained the title one season after the team was dethroned -- George Halas, Barry Switzer and Bill Belichick. Now Andy Reid is the Super Bowl favorite next season, as that trend remains almost entirely unknown. 

Edited by Awsi Dooger
  • Like 1