Super Bowl Post Game Discussion

Webmaster

12 minutes ago, indifference said:

Arians Leftwich called a gem 

Bowles too. Both Bowles and Leftwich did the opposite of what they did for most of the season. Normal blitz-happy single-high D rushed four most snaps with 2 deep. Normal offense relying on longer developing plays to take deep shots calls a healthy amount of screens, get ball out of Brady's hands quickly to neutralize aggro rush. They did great

Edited by childofpudding

5 minutes ago, BigTrav said:

Massive congrats to Bucs and the fans. Well deserved!

There should be no doubting Tom's GOATness now.

Chiefs, we regroup and go again. It's very hard to win B2Bs. But we still got a window :) 

Chiefs were effing around a lot this season. Call it ego, complacency, hangover, whatever. From an outside, very much uninformed POV, they coasted more than they should’ve. Brady teams don’t do that, and this time they had the talent to match. And it showed, the Bucs looked more prepared in this game.

When the Chiefs come back focused, with another year under the belt for that young secondary, they’re going to be scary. 

Edited by Yin-Yang

1 minute ago, childofpudding said:

Bowles too. Both Bowles and Leftwich did the opposite of what they did for most of the season. Normal blitz-happy single-high D rushed four most snaps with 2 deep. Normal offense relying on longer developing plays to take deep shots calls a healthy amount of screens, get ball out of Brady's hands quickly to neutralize aggro rush. They did great

100%. Arians was called stubborn by many people well hope that changes today because they went against the grain.

5 hours ago, Broncofan said:

I don't think it will be an issue.   The 2 guys they have to pay up for are Barrett & Godwin.   David deserves his $ too, but again TAM can just go signing-bonus heavy and low base salary for 2021 - and get it done.  Suh & Gronk aren't going to be bank breakers.

To be clear, I don't see TAM losing its key guys, other than Donovan Smith, who I think they are comfortable letting walk with TB12 as their QB (their interior OL matter more).    I don't see AB staying ahead of Godwin.   I think Tampa will draft/sign a pass catching RB to help take the role AB provided.   

I would expect them to use their mid/late round draft picks to trade for experienced players on manageable contracts. No superstars just decent starters with specific qualities who can play right away and still fit under the cap. They got a window to win right now, a 4th round pick who will be great in 3 years isnt of use for them right now.

The thing I forgot when thinking about this game was Bucs playing better as the season went on, beating all the top teams in the NFC to make the Super Bowl, also not going to allow Chiefs to win on their home field.  Brady is now 2-0 over this Chiefs team in the playoffs. Then Brady never had a blowout win in a Superbowl before now, so he was due for one.  

Very impressive victory for the Bucs and of course, for Brady, his own personal moment as a sports figure beyond football.  Amazing. MJ needs to get on with another documentary, huh? I kid I kid.  We'll never see anything like this with Brady ever again in the NFL.  

3 hours ago, childofpudding said:

I would be interested in seeing exactly how many attempts each QB threw in 2.5s or less.

• With all the info that comes out since the clock hit 0:00 it's just baffling the approach the Chiefs coaches took to the game offensively.
  • Don't get me wrong; given all we know now there is no chance they win they were just outmatched and the defence didn't show up but Reid's approach to coaching this game was bottom tier.
  • It's a trend I've seen with a lot of the young QB's (and an inherent flaw of R. Wilson as amazing as he is), they hold the ball so long. Like often it's no issue and makes for spectacular plays (see all the highlight plays from Wilson, Mahomes, Allen, Lamar, Herbert, et all the last few years) - the quick timing offence gonna retire with Brees and Brady.
  • Anyway Tom's the GOAT, not like that really needed to be rubber stamped anymore and the Bucs D played a hell of game. At first I thought Devin White was chipping a lot, but that D had a lot of pent up frustration from the matchup earlier this year.
  • Chiefs fan you still have IMO the best QB in the business. Reload and try again next year.
  • @Jakuvious/ @Chiefer Who do you see as the people you'd like the FO to offload ahead of next season? Game seem to reveal a few flaws [OL, Pass-rush and LB].
Edited by Magnifico
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, childofpudding said:

You keep saying that word, efficient. You're saying it almost like it's a bad thing. He did carry the offense in the first three quarters by making the right throws to the right people at the right time. He played great and led several long drives on offense for TDs when he had to. And he had a TD dropped as well.

In terms of the NO game, short fields or not, he played great. Three drives of 60+ yards and converted TOs into TDs.

I don't know how you could really argue that he DIDN'T play great this postseason, except for the 2nd half vs. GB of course.

Seen Brady play much better in post seasons tbh. I think the defense was the biggest was just as big a reason, if not bigger. 

6 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Seen Brady play much better in post seasons tbh. I think the defense was the biggest was just as big a reason, if not bigger. 

He was still pretty good in the playoffs, although of course defense was king, like almost every year. Offenses don’t usually win Super Bowls, 2019 Chiefs are such an outlier, that’s how good that offense really was. 

Bucs were still a great offensive team the entire year though. 3rd in Offense, 5th in Defense, and 2nd Overall according to DVOA. Brady also had the 5th best QB season behind Rodgers, Mahomes, Watson, and Allen (my opinion). 

Bucs were the most balanced and complete team since the 2017 Eagles. That doesn’t mean “best” but both their offense and defense were extremely good. 

huge congrats to the bucs! absolutely destroyed the chiefs in the trenches on both sides and paved the way for a crushing win!

i'll make only one post re brady because i'm absolutely tired of the discussion i've been seeing in my twitter feed from a week or so ago until now, eight hours or so after quadruple zeroes of the game. this one doesn't move the needle for me by way of his legacy, like, at all, really. nor does this season change the belichick legacy. unless you're a "the patriots were only brady" or "the patriots were only belichick" guy, well, for one you're an idiot, this doesn't do much for me. he's already the goat in football, though not the goat athlete or sportsperson writ large across the board.

now

today in this game he was... good. this season on the whole he was... good. fringe of the top ten, maybe in it if you're feeling it on that day. wasn't pressured by the chiefs tonight at all but did what he had to do.

which brings me to my point, heckuva game by the bucs oline. brady pressured the least he ever was in any of his superbowls. gaping holes for fournette and jones to run through. they let that sack in early, sure. after that it was complete domination. it makes me jealous as a steeler fan to think our line was doing that two years ago but kind of sucks now. i'm iffy on licht as a GM, but it is obvious that come hook or by crook they built a bully in the trenches and the rest flowed on from there once a quarterback who had more than four brain cells came to the party.

terrible game to watch though for a neutral fan, aside from the objective beauty of the bucs trenches. and i'm ever disappointed antonio brown gets an undeserved redemption arc- well, haha, i'd better just stop it there before i break some forum rules - congrats again to the bucs!

Edited by Shady Slim

3 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Chiefs were effing around a lot this season. Call it ego, complacency, hangover, whatever. From an outside, very much uninformed POV, they coasted more than they should’ve. Brady teams don’t do that, and this time they had the talent to match. And it showed, the Bucs looked more prepared in this game.

When the Chiefs come back focused, with another year under the belt for that young secondary, they’re going to be scary. 

They were the #1 seed and got to the SB, so if they “coasted” the way you say then it worked. Unless you inexplicably think that they coasted in this game?