Super Bowl Post Game Discussion

Webmaster

21 minutes ago, biggie. said:

This will be labeled a hot take, but Mahomes is overrated. His poor pocket presence got exposed in this game. Once he loses Hill and Kelce, he'll come crashing back down to Earth.

I don't like anointing qbs early in their career, but isn't this his first double digit loss and like 10th career loss? Plenty of people thought the TB Dline could give them trouble against backup OTs and it happened, he tried to make plays and did... but several times his team mates couldn't bail him out. I don't think PM played that bad but the Chiefs as a whole sure did. Remmers with two bad SBs now

16 minutes ago, biggie. said:

He was terrible for the majority of last year's Super Bowl.

EttwNLvXcAAkXrc?format=jpg&name=large

His game last night was the worst of his career.  Wasn't particularly great against SF in last year's Superbowl either compared to the rest of his career. 

I remember Remmers sucking at RT for the Giants.  When I found out he was playing LT for the Chiefs going up against Barrett and JPP, I was like - oh boy.  Mahomes didn't have much help from his team yesterday.  And I saw a statistic that the Chiefs had only 5 blockers 90% of their plays.  How about leaving a TE in to block?  Make some adjustments.

6 minutes ago, Gmen said:

EttwNLvXcAAkXrc?format=jpg&name=large

His game last night was the worst of his career.  Wasn't particularly great against SF in last year's Superbowl either compared to the rest of his career. 

I remember Remmers sucking at RT for the Giants.  When I found out he was playing LT for the Chiefs going up against Barrett and JPP, I was like - oh boy.  Mahomes didn't have much help from his team yesterday.  And I saw a statistic that the Chiefs had only 5 blockers 90% of their plays.  How about leaving a TE in to block?  Make some adjustments.

It’s not as easy as leaving in their tight end to block because Kelce isn’t a blocker and they don’t really utilize anyone else at TE.

which is why Gronk remains the GOAT. Blocking is a part of a tight ends job. Kelce is more of a big receiver. 

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, biggie. said:

This will be labeled a hot take, but Mahomes is overrated. His poor pocket presence got exposed in this game. Once he loses Hill and Kelce, he'll come crashing back down to Earth.

I still fully believe in Mahomes's ability, so I'm not with you on this one (I mean he COULD, but I don't think he will).

That said, I mentioned this in the first half of the year and feel like it's been vindicated...

He is MIND-NUMBINGLY talented, and he's already so so so advanced as a quarterback, but he HAS to be open to getting together, because there's still room to grow. And it may be in the margins but it will be so important to his long term success. This season he looked relatively complacent to rest just on his pure talent to get by when he and the offense really had to.

He still needs to work on maintaining sound pocket mechanics, making his O-line work for him when they aren't blocking well, his movement WITHIN the pocket, manipulating it, etc. There are a few things he still absolutely needs to commit to working on if he's going to get the most out of his talent.

He probably also needs to develop as a leader and keeping the team focused, but he's still young and I have no reason to think that won't come.

None of this is meant as a slight to Mahomes. It's just pointing out that if he's going to fulfill his potential, he has some work to do.

3 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

It’s not as easy as leaving in their tight end to block because Kelce isn’t a blocker and they don’t really utilize anyone else at TE.

which is why Gronk remains the GOAT. Blocking is a part of a tight ends job. Kelce is more of a big receiver. 

Also why I would take Kittle over Kelce. 

• Like 1