Super Bowl Post Game Discussion

Webmaster

1 minute ago, Zalixar said:

Looking at the game, looking at the end result.

Everyone was terrible. People just want to criticize who they want.

Kelce was terrible.  HB was terrible.  Reid was terrible.  Offensive line was atrocious.  Defense as a whole was terrible. 

Only person who played well was Butker.

It was a bad day to have a bad day.  Pretty sure "other qb's" would have been much worse in the same situation (injury, etc)

Not sure about that.. other qbs have strengths against pressure, being more decisive, climbing the pocket, throwing into tight coverage more frequently. 

17 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Not sure about that.. other qbs have strengths against pressure, being more decisive, climbing the pocket, throwing into tight coverage more frequently. 

I mean, has there been a better QB the last 3 years not named Brady? 

Put anyone in the exact same circumstances.  

And I would say the receivers just drop the TD's passes too, so does it matter who is throwing?

Most QB's 10+ sacks that game.

Bad day to have a bad day, across the board.

59 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

So what was he yesterday? If Darnold or Trib had the game he had yesterday... you'd call it terrible.

I wouldn't, he did the best he could under the circumstances. He didn't throw blind picks, inaccurate passes, like those guys would. He fought, the Bucs were simply better and you know what thats okay because it happens. 

4 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I wouldn't, he did the best he could under the circumstances. He didn't throw blind picks, inaccurate passes, like those guys would. He fought, the Bucs were simply better and you know what thats okay because it happens. 

Ahh got it. So the bar is do the best you can and throw bad passes, but we'll say drops is why he had 23 incompletions to 26 completions. Then we will just say he didn't play terrible and blame circumstance. 

Same circumstances we ignore that are more favorable than any other qb... EVER 98% of the time and still give him all the credit.

Sound about right. He has been bad in 2 SBs. 1 time was able to pull out of it late, 2nd time wasn't. 

34 minutes ago, Zalixar said:

And I would say the receivers just drop the TD's passes too, so does it matter who is throwing?

Has there been any qb close to being in the same extremely favorable circumstances as Mahomes? Or does circumstances only matter when it's not good.

I think you are kidding yourself if anyone would of been sacked close to 10 times. 

42 minutes ago, Zalixar said:

Just throwing this out there, but Russell Wilson has been playing with that tier of an OL for almost his entire career and is one of the highest rated and most consistent passers ever.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Has there been any qb close to being in the same extremely favorable circumstances as Mahomes? Or does circumstances only matter when it's not good.

I think you are kidding yourself if anyone would of been sacked close to 10 times. 

It's being facetious.   You kow, thinking like any QB would have done much better in that situation. 

Perhaps you've never had a real bad day before, or multiple people around you si having it (especially when interconnected).  A bunch of stuff added up comes crashing down at once.  Cause that's what it is.  Injuries, whatever team/car drama, poor planning, definite negative emotions that perpetuated, everyone dropping balls (Kelce too), lots of penalties (maybe only 1 of those questionable).   Just a lot of things. Bucs were also on FIRE.  It was losided cause both things.  But yeah, Mahomes was the real reason they lost.

When it rains, it pours.  As the saying goes.  He has a history, not a super long one, but it is dominant.  

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Just throwing this out there, but Russell Wilson has been playing with that tier of an OL for almost his entire career and is one of the highest rated and most consistent passers ever.

Cool.  Except the oline for this game was pretty bad.  How many Superbowls does he have?  Who did he lose to?

Put him in that game vs Chiefs, in same circumstances/injury, he wasn't coming back from that.  Those td passes he would've thrown? Guess what, those were dropped too.

Edited by Zalixar

5 minutes ago, Zalixar said:

It's being facetious.   You kow, thinking like any QB would have done much better in that situation. 

Perhaps you've never had a real bad day before, or multiple people around you si having it (especially when interconnected).  A bunch of stuff added up comes crashing down at once.  Cause that's what it is.  Injuries, whatever team/car drama, poor planning, definite negative emotions that perpetuated, everyone dropping balls (Kelce too), lots of penalties (maybe only 1 of those questionable).   Just a lot of things. Bucs were also on FIRE.  It was losided cause both things.  But yeah, Mahomes was the real reason they lost.

When it rains, it pours.  As the saying goes.  He has a history, not a super long one, but it is dominant.  

And I say other QBs would of done better. Because they have had to deal with those circumstances in the past. Something Mahomes hasnt. Only further pointing out how favorable his situation has ALWAYS been.. that when suddenly a "bad day" happens, that just about every other qb has to deal with at a much higher rate, he can't do anything. 

So him being dominant... has alot to do with being in very very favorable circumstances for majority of his career 🤷.

16 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Ahh got it. So the bar is do the best you can and throw bad passes, but we'll say drops is why he had 23 incompletions to 26 completions. Then we will just say he didn't play terrible and blame circumstance. 

Same circumstances we ignore that are more favorable than any other qb... EVER 98% of the time and still give him all the credit.

Sound about right. He has been bad in 2 SBs. 1 time was able to pull out of it late, 2nd time wasn't. 

You guys wanting to see him fail so bad will pounce on every opportunity to discredit him and thats fine if thats how you live your lives. 

Either way last night even under pressure more than ever he delivered accurate passes that were dropped, broken up and even hit receivers in their faces. 

Its the same with Stephen Curry in basketball. 

Instead of attacking Mahomes I prefer giving credit to the Bucs for creating pressure and their backend covering their butts off making him throw into tight windows. 

• Like 1