Super Bowl Post Game Discussion

Webmaster

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

You guys wanting to see him fail so bad will pounce on every opportunity to discredit him and thats fine if thats how you live your lives. 

Either way last night even under pressure more than ever he delivered accurate passes that were dropped, broken up and even hit receivers in their faces. 

Its the same with Stephen Curry in basketball. 

Instead of attacking Mahomes I prefer giving credit to the Bucs for creating pressure and their backend covering their butts off making him throw into tight windows. 

It's blame on both ends - the OL was completely outmatched, but the coaches did nothing to help them (5 man protections on 90% of drop backs, really?) and Mahomes did a lot to make matters worse by running backwards 15 yards half the plays and chucking passes up into coverage.

I'm sorry, where are we getting 2 dropped TDs from? Are we seriously counting the should-have-been pick that went through David's hands before hitting Hill in the face as a "dropped TD"? And the other one...we're not talking the throw he threw way too high and out of bounds to Robinson? 

He didn't have 2 dropped TDs, and if we're counting those then he also had 2 dropped INTs, plus another INT the Bucs didn't bother reviewing because the game was nearly over.

• Like 3

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It's blame on both ends - the OL was completely outmatched, but the coaches did nothing to help them (5 man protections on 90% of drop backs, really?) and Mahomes did a lot to make matters worse by running backwards 15 yards half the plays and chucking passes up into coverage.

He was running backwards to give guys time to get open. Reid should have figured out something to offset that(RUNNING THE BALL MAYBE) but didn't.

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

You guys wanting to see him fail so bad will pounce on every opportunity to discredit him and thats fine if thats how you live your lives. 

Either way last night even under pressure more than ever he delivered accurate passes that were dropped, broken up and even hit receivers in their faces. 

Instead of attacking Mahomes I prefer giving credit to the Bucs for creating pressure and their backend covering their butts off making him throw into tight windows. 

You guys want to give him all the credit when it works and all the excuses when it doesn't. The drops were passes that hit them in the face. Some which were just heaves and prayers that got lucky. He also threw off mark passes that were huge deflections that could of been more ints, low passes that had to be dug off the ground, overthrows. But we will ignore all those and point to 3 or 4 drops. 

Mahomes hardly throws in tight windows. So when he has to.. this is what happens. His AGG% past 3 years has been SOOOOO much lower than anyone else.

I'll stay a hater if it means i bring actual levity and not delusional hysterics and over-the-top fanboyism.

5 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

People always looking for a reason to pounce.  Especially ppl that have been good, then when they fail it's like, See, see! I TOLD YOU.

They've been trying to do that to Brady for years.  Yeah, sometimes they never get back on that horse.   But they want to be right when they want failure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

He was running backwards to give guys time to get open. Reid should have figured out something to offset that(RUNNING THE BALL MAYBE) but didn't.

Or maybe Mahomes can do what other qbs do and learn to climb the pocket and take what the defense gives. Just a thought.

2 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

You guys want to give him all the credit when it works and all the excuses when it doesn't. The drops were passes that hit them in the face. Some which were just heaves and prayers that got lucky. He also threw off mark passes that were huge deflections that could of been more ints, low passes that had to be dug off the ground, overthrows. But we will ignore all those and point to 3 or 4 drops. 

Mahomes hardly throws in tight windows. So when he has to.. this is what happens. His AGG% past 3 years has been SOOOOO much lower than anyone else.

I'll stay a hater if it means i bring actual levity and not delusional hysterics and over-the-top fanboyism.

You are super biased. So you got that going for you I guess.  

Edited by Zalixar
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Zalixar said:

People always looking for a reason to pounce.  Especially ppl that have been good, then when they fail it's like, See, see! I TOLD YOU.

They've been trying to do that to Brady for years.  Yeah, sometimes they never get back on that horse.   But they want to be right when they want failure.

And people always look for a way to crown people and give them all the credit and none of the blame and then say... see he is the best ever "when it works" then when it doesn't and player has to finally face adversity... quick to make excuses. 

Brady has done it for 20 years. Mahomes.... 3 years. Sample size matters.

8 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

it was not just the Tampa D-line and the Chiefs O-line that did that to Mahomes.

Andy and yes OC BIENIEMY killed him last night.

Hey, we are getting murdered up front, lets not give the line any help. It'll be fine!

No adjustments to the gameplan, didnt leave kelce or any RB back to help block, its hard to win when u send all your receivers on go routes and expect them to get open with us having 6 deep in coverage. The only play that worked was the 10 yard curl to kelce at the middle of field, which they ran 10 times.

• Like 1

Its funny how Brady wins 7 Super Bowls and a bunch of people on here still ignore him.

Tom, Its all you " No, its my teammates"

Nobody wins without good players but who is the best each year of those QBs with the best players?

Andy built a great team around Mahomes the last 3 years. Just admit it.

Its fine, he did the same for McNabb and Donovan choked every time.

The QBs with the best 8-10 teams or so are the only ones who can win the Super Bowl that year.

There is no shame in that.

Its simple and obvious that guys like Darnold have played behind crap O-lines their entire career.

Mahomes has now played behind a crap O-line exactly once and it was really bad.

Blame is shared but he owns a bunch of it.

FWIW - This is the same guy who was clearly outclassed on a talent level by Baker's Oklahoma team and he still threw for 800+ and ran for 100+ Having one terrible game in a Super Bowl does not invalidate him.

This happened to the 2013 Broncos and the 1983 Redskins and the 2007 Patriots (to varying degrees)

4 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Running backwards, even when your line is bad, is the wrong thing to do and is one of Mahomes really bad habits. It makes the job of the OL much hard because it flattens out the angles. If he could learn to step up instead of back he'd be a better QB. That's just true. Everyone's game has flaws, and abandoning the pocket too soon and dropping back too far are Mahomes'.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ChazStandard said:

Running backwards, even when your line is bad, is the wrong thing to do and is one of Mahomes really bad habits. It makes the job of the OL much hard because it flattens out the angles. If he could learn to step up instead of back he'd be a better QB. That's just true. Everyone's game has flaws, and abandoning the pocket too soon and dropping back too far are Mahomes'.

When Allen was doing that vs KC these same fanboys were bashing him. 

When Mahomes does it.... he is a hero "trying his best".