Super Bowl Post Game Discussion

Webmaster

1 minute ago, Bearerofnews said:

Mahomes just had a HORRIBLE game by any qbs standards and these fanboys are still actually propping him up. This is crazy to see. I've literally never seen it before. Any other qb ever has that game and they get bashed unanimously.  

The thing i would say about it is that when u look at a guy like Josh Allen in the AFC championship game and the playoff game vs the texans last year, i saw him doing the same thing that mahomes did he was playing "Hero Ball"

The thing that made mahomes had a "better" game then he did was his ability to throw the ball away when being dragged to the ground. Fans would have said the same thing last year and this year about Josh Allen if he the same thing mahomes did tonight.

5 minutes ago, Zalixar said:

People always looking for a reason to pounce.  Especially ppl that have been good, then when they fail it's like, See, see! I TOLD YOU.

They've been trying to do that to Brady for years.  Yeah, sometimes they never get back on that horse.   But they want to be right when they want failure.

Some people are going too far with it. Both ways. 

Still don’t think it’s inappropriate to say everyone pooped the bed on offense, especially the OL and Reid/Bieniemy, except for maybe CEH. Includes Mahomes, even if the OL would’ve gotten anyone killed. 

Think Reid figured we have a better shot letting Patrick run and gun with multiple receivers than we would max protecting and dinking down field. I doubt if Peyton Manning or Brady were the QBs of that team, that the 5-man protection would’ve been so prevalent, but you have a howitzer on wheels in Mahomes so you swing for the fences. Not sure it was right/wrong, but I think that’s part of the reason the stats look so bad today.

3 minutes ago, djw4bucs said:

The thing i would say about it is that when u look at a guy like Josh Allen in the AFC championship game and the playoff game vs the texans last year, i saw him doing the same thing that mahomes did he was playing "Hero Ball"

The thing that made mahomes had a "better" game then he did was his ability to throw the ball away when being dragged to the ground. Fans would have said the same thing last year and this year about Josh Allen if he the same thing mahomes did tonight.

Yes Mahomes threw it away.. but some of those throws were up for grabs and could of been tds/completions or ints just as easily. 

1 minute ago, Bearerofnews said:

Yes Mahomes threw it away.. but some of those throws were up for grabs and could of been tds/completions or ints just as easily. 

No doubt which is something i have been used to for the past 5 years with Jameis, that being said the whole offense including mahomes had a piss poor preformance  but mahomes atleast gave it his all with turf toe as well props to him for that.

18 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

He was running backwards to give guys time to get open. Reid should have figured out something to offset that(RUNNING THE BALL MAYBE) but didn't.

Running 15 yards backwards to give guys time to get open is....yeah that's just a hilariously bad take on what a QB should do. How'd that work out for him?

And ironically the one time the Chiefs did try to run the ball and sustain any type of balance for a drive, they scored points in the 2nd half! So yeah like I said it's blame on all ends - OL for sucking, coaching staff for giving them no help, Mahomes for making everything worse.

17 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Or maybe Mahomes can do what other qbs do and learn to climb the pocket and take what the defense gives. Just a thought.

To be fair, pressure was coming from straight up the middle on a lot of plays so rolling to his right or left was the only way to go. Can't step up in the pocket if one doesn't exist.

The Chiefs draft this April needs to consist of entirely offensive linemen to protect Mahomes. Veach needs to treat it like a lottery and get as many offensive linemen as possible to bring into camp and filter through by drafting the meanest and biggest guys at the top of the board each round. We've seen a number of players like Michael Onwenu for the Pats this yr go in the 6th round then step in and be a pro bowl caliber lineman, Veach needs to just shoot his shot on as many of these prospects as possible this offseason. I'm not joking when I say literally every pick needs to be an offensive lineman. This is what you do after giving Mahomes a 12 year contract.

Eric Fisher needs to get cut. LDT can come back and start if it's ok with the bosses at his day job. And Lucas Niang our 3rd rounder OT prospect who didn't allow a single sack in over 1000 snaps in college but sat out this year for covid can step in with the best talent from the new draft class and then we'll be set on offensive line regardless of if Schwartz comes back or not.

Also thought Andy Reid called a bad game particularly in the first half. The Britt Reid situation was clearly weighing on him imo. He should've got CEH involved more on early downs and been more aggressive downfield on late downs rather than calling all his screens and gadget crap. Though I think they just had zero faith in the offensive line. Still, all of the constant playcalls trying to force the ball to Mecole Hardman was a dumb move that started Mahomes off like 1-7 passing.

Still Mahomes made some of the greatest throws I've ever seen in that super bowl. The 360 no scope to the back corner of the endzone with 5 guys chasing after him, and then the other one that Pringle dropped right after. If we didn't get hosed with bad calls and some guys caught their passes, we could've won that football game.

15 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

The irony is.... you are delusional.

Well.... i guess there really is no irony. But hey, glad ya are cheering up kiril.. i mean zalixar. 

Dude you're entering pathetic territory here. Everybody was bad on offense for us last night but you finally getting your shots in are a bad look lol 

3 minutes ago, Kirill said:

The Chiefs draft this April needs to consist of entirely offensive linemen to protect Mahomes. Veach needs to treat it like a lottery and get as many offensive linemen as possible to bring into camp and filter through by drafting the meanest and biggest guys at the top of the board each round. We've seen a number of players like Michael Onwenu for the Pats this yr go in the 6th round then step in and be a pro bowl caliber lineman, Veach needs to just shoot his shot on as many of these prospects as possible this offseason. I'm not joking when I say literally every pick needs to be an offensive lineman. This is what you do after giving Mahomes a 12 year contract.

Eric Fisher needs to get cut. LDT can come back and start if it's ok with the bosses at his day job. And Lucas Niang our 3rd rounder OT prospect who didn't allow a single sack in over 1000 snaps in college but sat out this year for covid can step in with the best talent from the new draft class and then we'll be set on offensive line regardless of if Schwartz comes back or not.

Also thought Andy Reid called a bad game particularly in the first half. The Britt Reid situation was clearly weighing on him imo. He should've got CEH involved more on early downs and been more aggressive downfield on late downs rather than calling all his screens and gadget crap. Though I think they just had zero faith in the offensive line. Still, all of the constant playcalls trying to force the ball to Mecole Hardman was a dumb move that started Mahomes off like 1-7 passing.

Still Mahomes made some of the greatest throws I've ever seen in that super bowl. The 360 no scope to the back corner of the endzone with 5 guys chasing after him, and then the other one that Pringle dropped right after. If we didn't get hosed with bad calls and some guys caught their passes, we could've won that football game.

I'll let others have at ya first. Props that ya showed up after the complete death and demise of your 2 year dynasty.

2 minutes ago, Kirill said:

And if you wouldn't have kept acting like a dip**** we would've been able to have some actual discussion about the game instead of millions of posters coming out saying "gotcha" when we got wrecked. You can own it now.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

And if you wouldn't have kept acting like a dip**** we would've been able to have some actual discussion about the game instead of millions of posters coming out saying "gotcha" when we got wrecked. You can own it now.

Ok well I didn't know Andy Reid's dumbass kid was going to get drunk and go play bumper cars right before the game