Super Bowl Post Game Discussion

Webmaster

Just now, Bearerofnews said:

It really isn't. He had a very bad game. Having some flashy looking ZERO value plays means nothing but flash. He had 23 incompletions and 5.5 ypa. He had a horrible game with some flashy last ditch throws. 

How many of his incompletions were the result of his receivers either dropping a catchable ball, running a bad route, or getting out-fought for a 50/50 ball? How many times did he have pressure in his face less than 2 seconds after the snap? 

2 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Look for a Wilson trajectory.... he's done!!

He will if we do like Seattle and don't invest high draft picks in the offensive line.

Last night was the worst offensive line to ever play in the superbowl. Fix that and we're back on top.

1 hour ago, Bearerofnews said:

The irony is.... you are delusional.

Well.... i guess there really is no irony. But hey, glad ya are cheering up kiril.. i mean zalixar. 

Just to be clear.

I don't like the Chiefs, nor am I a fan of Mahomes. I don't even know who Kiril is or what that means.

Ppl love to hate.  But I will defend against bulls**t and extremely biased opinions trying to pass off as facts.  

Mahomes and Co. Had a bad team  bad gameplan, bad adjustments, bad coaching.  Pinning on Mahomes is super 🤡 move. 

Edited by Zalixar

4 minutes ago, Starless said:

How many of his incompletions were the result of his receivers either dropping a catchable ball, running a bad route, or getting out-fought for a 50/50 ball? How many times did he have pressure in his face less than 2 seconds after the snap? 

You mean stuff other qbs have to deal with ALLLL the time and never get to use as crutches?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zalixar said:

Just to be clear.

I don't like the Chiefs, nor am I a fan of Mahomes. I don't even know who Kiril is.

Ppl love to hate.  But I will defend against bulls**t and extremely biased opinions trying to pass off as facts.

What BS? That Mahomes played bad? Are you really suggesting he played good? Simple question.

Just now, Bearerofnews said:

You mean stuff other qbs have to deal with ALLLL the time and never get to use as crutches?

Nah most other QB's weren't playing behind a rotating heap of garbage bins on the offensive line all season, nor would they have gotten their team anywhere near the SB under those conditions either.

2 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

What BS? That Mahomes played bad? Are you really suggesting he played good? Simple question.

You have a hard on for pinning this on Mahomes. 

Nowhere did I say he played good.  So, how you came to that conclusion is interesting.   It was all bad.  But others definitely share more of the blame. 

Edited by Zalixar

4 minutes ago, Kirill said:

He will if we do like Seattle and don't invest high draft picks in the offensive line.

Last night was the worst offensive line to ever play in the superbowl. Fix that and we're back on top.

Doesn't help when Mahomes was also holding the ball. I'd like to see the NGS for TT or TIP for the game. Either way, fixing oline isn't that easy. Seattle has been trying to for what 7 years.

I would just be weary of the "he'll be back here plenty of more times and win a bunch of them!" in regards to Mahomes. Just because Brady has 7, people need to stop sleeping on how difficult it is to win these things. 

Past, "he'll be back here plenty of times and win a bunch" narratives that didn't pan out with elite QB's

Dan Marino after SB 19

Brett Favre after SB 32

Kurt Warner and Greatest Show on Turf after SB 34

Aaron Rodgers after SB 45

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kirill said:

He got pressured the most out of any QB in superbowl history but still had some spectacular throws, guys just didn't catch the ball.

He'll be back, and with a vengeance.

Yea including defenders that he threw directly to as well 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

I actually think people should have paid more attention to that week 12 match-up, especially from the Buc's defense POV. Because after they tried covering Hill 1-v-1 in the first quarter and went down 17-0, they adjusted really well and basically held the Chiefs in check enough to let their offense get them back into the game. Over the last 7 quarters the Bucs have gone 55-19 against the Chiefs.

There were also warning signs there for the Chiefs for a while. Brett Kollmann did a good video about it. Yes, KC's OL was bad but Mahomes has got this really bad habit of dropping WAY too far back and making his OLs job much harder. Once you're looking out for it you see it all the time, and he did it so much last night.

This is what I've been saying for two months. That game was way closer than anyone realizes, even though it took a Bucs comeback. They still almost won. It took Tyreek Hill to have 270 yards and 3 TD's for the Chiefs to beat the Bucs by a FG.... Tyreek Hill was NOT gonna have anything close to that in the second game. Nothing close.

7 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Nah most other QB's weren't playing behind a rotating heap of garbage bins on the offensive line all season, nor would they have gotten their team anywhere near the SB under those conditions either.

Of course they were. Yes and Mahomes would of never got to the SB had he had to play with this oline all year. Kinda the point. 

7 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Doesn't help when Mahomes was also holding the ball. I'd like to see the NGS for TT or TIP for the game. Either way, fixing oline isn't that easy. Seattle has been trying to for what 7 years.

We get talented OT prospect Niang next season after he redshirted with the covid option + above average starting guard LDT back. That will be nice. Fisher's career is probably over with the achilles injury we will free up like 10M cutting him.

It really shouldn't be hard for us to fix the o-line though, in just one offseason. We got everyone locked up and we got enough playmakers on both sides of the ball. I see no reason why we can't afford to spend our first 3 draft picks on offensive linemen. Add 3 top picks, LDT and Niang to our offensive line and we're in the clear. If Veach does anything else in the draft he's insane.

Edited by Kirill